48179994-BEB0-4D31-B0DD-4DB5228BC36C.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 21EC4743-EB4D-482E-A65F-51DF2D4C28F2.jpg
    21EC4743-EB4D-482E-A65F-51DF2D4C28F2.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 470

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
I used to be the tournament director for the Fast Eddie's 9 Ball Tour for a decade.

Over the years, we had many cue makers sponsor our tour by donating cues to help cover the cost of our add-on money through raffles.

I would always buy a few raffle tickets myself just to donate to the cause. If I won, I would always donate the cue back and have a redraw.

Paul Sumrall joined our tour as a sponsor and donated a cue to many of our events.

At one event, Paul showed up with a raffle cue similar to yours with not as much detail( 4 point ebony with curly maple) and after hitting a few balls with it, I fell in love.

I donated a $100 to the raffle and figured if I didn't win it, I would try to buy it from whoever won it. If whoever won it wouldn't sell it, I planned to have Paul make one for me just like it.

Well, I won it and had Paul make a couple of extra shafts for me.

Of course, I pizzed a couple of people off when I didn't donate it back, but I had to have it.

Laid down my Schon, which had been my everyday player for many years.

Been playing with it ever since!

A fine cue from a fine cuemaker!

I got very lucky!

Stones

Last edited:

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
I have two of Paul's cues, one I bought second hand and another I had him make for me shortly after I bought the first one. Paul makes great cues and was really wonderful to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another cue from him.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very very nice !!

I like it as its a new cue which look like an old cue.
What i meant was it looks like its an old titlist which was just restored.

The points and veneers are dead on perfect n the points are considerably shorter like the old titlist as compared to the longer points trend these days.

Very very nice !
Simplicity and old school !

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, for what it is worth, he followed my specs for what I wanted.....
That in and of itself, is like an answered prayer!
I would also like to just put it “out there” about what a nice guy he seems to be.
Nice to make a friend

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, for what it is worth, he followed my specs for what I wanted.....
That in and of itself, is like an answered prayer!
I would also like to just put it “out there” about what a nice guy he seems to be.
Nice to make a friend

I really like the points on that cue.

Paul is very easy to deal with and a nice guy. Hopefully he makes it to the Texas Open so I can meet him in person. I was unable to meet up with him the last time he was in town. :(