SVB vs Orcullo

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, clash of the titans for sure. Seems Shane has never lost to Dennis is a really big spot, but Dennis has been in exceptional form of late, so maybe it's his time. That said, it's hard to pick against Shane here.

Is this a rivalry? In an interview during his major league baseball career, Jackie Robinson was asked to share his thoughts on the Brooklyn Dodgers vs New York Yankees rivalry. His answer, in rough terms, was that you couldn't really call it a rivalry until Brooklyn finally beat the Yankees in the World Series. It wasn't until 1955, his ninth season as a Dodger, that the dream was realized.

Good luck to both of these exceptional players.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was offered Dennis with 6 ahead. I blew it off and took Dennis even. Not because I don’t like my money. I just want to sweat who is heads up better between the two right now. I like Shane in everything but I was willing to bet Dennis because he seems so immersed in action right now. That has to factor in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Dennis has had not enough of beating from Shane in 9 or 10-ball ?
You gotta hand it to him for being stubborn.
It's hard to fade Shane's break in 9 or 10-ball.
He might as well spot Shane a ball in 1-pocket.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well being it's 9 ball and not 10 ball DO should make it more competitive than the beat down he took last time they played

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's some kind of resentment between them iirc. don't remember the story, maybe someone can fill in?

rooting for shane

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is probably a dumb question, but how active has SVB been recently? Dennis has been gambling hard...

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, clash of the titans for sure. Seems Shane has never lost to Dennis is a really big spot, but Dennis has been in exceptional form of late, so maybe it's his time. That said, it's hard to pick against Shane here.

Is this a rivalry? In an interview during his major league baseball career, Jackie Robinson was asked to share his thoughts on the Brooklyn Dodgers vs New York Yankees rivalry. His answer, in rough terms, was that you couldn't really call it a rivalry until Brooklyn finally beat the Yankees in the World Series. It wasn't until 1955, his ninth season as a Dodger, that the dream was realized.

I've seen Dennis humiliate Shane on a tight Gold Crown at Hard Times Bellflower playing 9 ball. I think that if Shane has an advantage, it is still in the 10 ball break category. I think playing 9 ball with the 9 racked on the spot, that advantage shrinks quite a bit. At least I hope so, I made a small sweat bet on Dennis because I'm mad at my money.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I've seen Dennis humiliate Shane on a tight Gold Crown at Hard Times Bellflower playing 9 ball. I think that if Shane has an advantage, it is still in the 10 ball break category. I think playing 9 ball with the 9 racked on the spot, that advantage shrinks quite a bit. At least I hope so, I made a small sweat bet on Dennis because I'm mad at my money.

Nobody said nine is racked on the spot, though I'll assume you know of what you speak. That does help Dennis a bit, but my pick is Shane. Yes, Dennis has gotten the better of Shane on occasion, but Shane has basically owned him over the years.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

O'Malley was smart to get out of Brooklyn. Still not as good as the Cardinals but more profitable than in Brooklyn.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't Shane play Dennis some 1p. Shane +7, race to 50.

I would like to see Shane vs Filler, 9b, race to 100. Or Shane vs Wu.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a bigger picture of the poster. Details for the match at the very bottom.

120610834_2424144484377184_1967798547309150305_o.jpg

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody said nine is racked on the spot, though I'll assume you know of what you speak. That does help Dennis a bit, but my pick is Shane. Yes, Dennis has gotten the better of Shane on occasion, but Shane has basically owned him over the years.

On the poster for this great event it mentions that the nine will be racked on the spot.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I usually don’t do ppv but I just signed up for this. Should be a solid match!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Shane has absolutely owned Dennis for their entire careers. By every other measure of comparing them Shane has also been considerably the better rotation games player of the two. Shane would be clear favorite except that Shane's game hasn't been at hit his peak for a couple of years and he has been much less active in playing or practice as of late. Dennis has been very active lately and has arguably been playing as good as he ever has. Anything can happen here but I think the slight edge still has to be given to Shane.

Those who say this is 9 ball and not 10 ball and therefore Shane loses his advantage, as if his 10 ball break is his only advantage, and as if he can't play 9 ball, are forgetting something. Shane can play 9 ball. In fact he probably as of now still holds the crown as the greatest to ever play that game. Dude won the US Open an incredible 5 times, and in the span of 10 years, all while Dennis has won it zero times. That made Shane even odds of winning that tournament against the world in those years, how strong is that? And arguably the US Open was on average the toughest field and was the most prestigious event that everybody most wanted to win and was in a sense the de facto world championship. People forget that Shane can play just a little 9 ball lol.