Remembering Royce Bunnell (RBC)

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Two years ago today we lost Royce Bunnell (the B in OB) AKA RBC on AZB.

If you have ever used or use an OB product then you owe a great thanks to Royce and the hard work that he put into building such a great company and great products. He helped so many people with cuemaking questions on AZB and was always thinking of a better way to do things. On occasion you would find him at his desk but mostly you would find him working in the shop.

RIP my friend.

Royce Bunnell at his desk.jpg
Royce Bunnell working on a lathe.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A True Gentleman

I had the utmost respect for Royce. He was knowledgeable, always ready to help, and was respectful of everyone. I always enjoyed chatting with him online or in person.

To remember Royce I acquired an OB Rift which keeps him in my mind continually.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
RIP Royce....super nice guy, always made it a point to come over to my table and say hello, outgoing and kind. Thoughts and prayers to his family and close friends.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Royce bunnell

Shane,

Thank you for keeping the memory of Royce alive. He was a really good guy. RIP buddy

Mark griffin

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Royce Bunnell & thanks for all that you've done for Pool. You have many a friend, including me.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Royce came to Denver for the Kellerman cue auction and was just the nicest person you could imagine.
I gave Royce & Don directions to Bobby Browns pool hall and met them there.
Enjoyed meeting Don & Royce about as much as anyone I've met in the pool world.
Total class act for sure.
One of the two was a cue collector, don't remember if it was the O or the B.

RIP Royce, I can only imagine how much everyone at OB Cues misses him

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
i met Royce at Super Billiards Expo in 2011, when i was newly back in the game after 40 years [!] away. i had already decided to buy a production ld cue, and went around to Lucasi, OB, and Predator, hitting each booth 2x. Royce spent an absurd amount of time with me as a clueless newbie, comparing each shaft in the OB line.

at one point i said "i like this shaft, but it seems fatter than the others" and he said "let's see" and grabbed a caliper to compare the two, announcing that the "fatter" one was .003" bigger than the other. i said "well, i certainly don't think i can feel three thousandths of an inch!", and he said "well, apparently you can". clearly it was a bone thrown to my ego, and to impress my girlfriend, but the whole experience showed me how much he cared about his products and about the people they would go to.

i didn't buy an OB cue that day. but a few years later i got an OB-122 with the Classic shaft, use it to this day, and think of him often.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Royce was a sweetheart! One of the kindest, most generous men I ever met in this industry. He left a huge impression on me and everyone else he met. :angel2:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only that, but both Don and Royce were excellent players...Don still is! He plays on a team with randyg in Dallas and Las Vegas. A few years ago Don invited me to his home to do some teaching, play a little, and perform some trick shots. Royce was there, and Doc and a couple others. Don has this amazing table with magnetic rails, where he can swap out pool cushions for carom cushions in just a few minutes. RIP Royce...I sure enjoyed being your friend...and I miss ya. :(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Royce came to Denver for the Kellerman cue auction and was just the nicest person you could imagine.
I gave Royce & Don directions to Bobby Browns pool hall and met them there.
Enjoyed meeting Don & Royce about as much as anyone I've met in the pool world.
Total class act for sure.
One of the two was a cue collector, don't remember if it was the O or the B.

RIP Royce, I can only imagine how much everyone at OB Cues misses him

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
To remember Royce I acquired an OB Rift which keeps him in my mind continually.

I'm not much of a cue collector. I've owned my playing cue for nearly 25 years. While my Schon break cue shaft was in for repair, the repair guy allowed me to use his OB Rift with a "control" tip. Purchased it and still use it. Was in honor of my friend Don Owen. Now I'll add Royce to that memory. Thanks for the post.

Lyn

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
l would seek Royce out at subsequent SBE's after enjoying my first meeting with him so much.

He had a lot of knowledge that he was always more than happy to share and if you notice there is a recurring theme stated by most everyone describing their interactions with him.

Royce was a true gentleman!

RIP

best,
brian kc

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
He always took time to personally answer all my emails and queries.
Thank you for everything, Royce!

AK

Two years ago today we lost Royce Bunnell (the B in OB) AKA RBC on AZB.

If you have ever used or use an OB product then you owe a great thanks to Royce and the hard work that he put into building such a great company and great products. He helped so many people with cuemaking questions on AZB and was always thinking of a better way to do things. On occasion you would find him at his desk but mostly you would find him working in the shop.

RIP my friend.

View attachment 476651
View attachment 476652

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce was a very special individual - talented, hard working and quick to help with honest answers - I will always remember your generosity - RIP

My best,
Paul

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Every time I talked to Royce (and it was at least a dozen times or more) he was always the same; polite, considerate, helpful and very knowledgeable about any subject I was plaguing him with. I forgot... yeah, he was patient with all of my questions and I never stumped him once.

I was very fortunate to have crossed paths with such a fine man. Royce actually helped me develop my Performance Plus cue line of DymondWood material by suggesting the one person he felt could meet my stringent needs. That person became one of my most respected cue makers of all time. His name is Bob Dzuricky and Bob has his own stories about his relationship with Royce but doesn't post much on social media.

In short, Royce Bunnell will live on in the lives of people who had the privilege and honor of passing his way.

JoeyA

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in a tree stand and my phone started blowing up with the sad news. Always enjoyed getting together with him at the expo or wherever our paths would cross.

Attachments

• Royce.jpg
    Royce.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 97