Pencil marks

JohnnyFlash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick question. I recently purchased a Diamond bar box. The guy that ownwd it, marked it with pencil marks for his drills. The cloth is simmonis hr. I was wondering if there is any way to get the pencil marks outta the cloth. It is tourney blue.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If it doesn't come off with a damp cotton cloth, then replace the cloth. You bought a used table.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is 7 months old. Cloth is new that is why that is NOT an option.

It isnt new. It is used.

It has marks on it and you don't want them there. That is why a recover must be an option.

Hopefully not necessary, but if you can't deal with the marks and they won't come off, it will be your only option.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isnt new. It is used.

It has marks on it and you don't want them there. That is why a recover must be an option.

Hopefully not necessary, but if you can't deal with the marks and they won't come off, it will be your only option.

There you go again with all that common sense crap ... SMH

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick question. I recently purchased a Diamond bar box. The guy that ownwd it, marked it with pencil marks for his drills. The cloth is simmonis hr. I was wondering if there is any way to get the pencil marks outta the cloth. It is tourney blue.
I'd try a white draftsman's eraser. They don't leave much in the way of residue. A little Woolite in warm water and a micro-fiber cloth will take care of any thing the eraser leaves.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get a sample piece of Simonis and experiment with different cleaning techniques. Don’t do anything to the current cloth until you find something that works.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my experience from drawing the triangle with pencil, the marks will be gone on their own in a month of play. If that's not soon enough, I'd try a dry microfiber cloth and a vacuum. I would not use Woolite or any such cleaning product since it probably will not affect the graphite of the pencil (if it was graphite) and will probably make that part of the cloth look lighter.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience from drawing the triangle with pencil, the marks will be gone on their own in a month of play. If that's not soon enough, I'd try a dry microfiber cloth and a vacuum. I would not use Woolite or any such cleaning product since it probably will not affect the graphite of the pencil (if it was graphite) and will probably make that part of the cloth look lighter.

Thats what i was thinking too...time will cure it.

Either it fades, or he gets used to it.

Hopefully NOT a grease pencil!:eek:

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just deal with it. If you want the new and pristine look then just change the cloth. Otherwise you'll likely just make it look worse than it is, or worse ruin the cloth. It's just marks, the table still works. Get over it, ignore them, get down and take your shot.

Personally I put sharpie dots on the grid intersections of all the diamonds. Very useful when practicing drills, hardly noticeable when playing a game.