Cues With Rectangles/Windows In Butt Sleeve

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joss cues, plus -R-

The pic with 4 butts is mine. The single butt pic is one that I've seen on AZB before. I'll try to find the pic of my Jerry Rauenzahn cue. That's a nice one, as well (#11)

Attachments

• Joss cues-2j.jpg
    Joss cues-2j.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 404
  • 8-14 cues.jpg
    8-14 cues.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I think for my next cue I would like to have one with what appear to be called rectangles or windows in the butt sleeve. Does anybody know of any cues or cuemakers that have cues like this? Any websites, pics, etc? I've looked at over 1,000 cues in the last 2-3 days and really cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

I am having one or two built by one of the best cue makers of all time. Cues that hes has never made before. Save some jingle because the will sell fast with excellent re-sell. Did I mention one offs.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some very big boasts.......best cue-maker of all time......I categorize that as being one of the top 50 cue-makers ever.
Cues never made before. Well, that’s true of every cue built but in terms of the cue’s design, is there still anything original?
And the cues will sell fast the first time & thereafter too. Based on the duration length of AZ FS listings, that’s gonna be unusual.
Well, you have set the height of the bar with these parameters so I’m looking forward to seeing how these cues turn out for you.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pic with 4 butts is mine. The single butt pic is one that I've seen on AZB before. I'll try to find the pic of my Jerry Rauenzahn cue. That's a nice one, as well (#11)

That first Joss, on the far left in the very first pic, now that is very close to what I am looking for.

r/DCP

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Some very big boasts.......best cue-maker of all time......I categorize that as being one of the top 50 cue-makers ever.

Cues never made before. Well, that’s true of every cue built but in terms of the cue’s design, is there still anything original?

And the cues will sell fast the first time & thereafter too. Based on the duration length of AZ FS listings, that’s gonna be unusual.

Well, you have set the height of the bar with these parameters so I’m looking forward to seeing how these cues turn out for you.
Does the maker rhyme with Tchmelke ?

Sent from the future.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a nice cue Bavafongoul!

So, I cant seem to find anything out there that is exactly what I am looking for. I have checked all the places/cuemakers that folks told me to check here on this thread.

Can anybody give me some other cue manufacturers, cuemakers, etc, that I could possibly check their websites to find exactly what I am looking for? And yes, I know that could be a long, LONG list.

r/DCP

I sent you a PM.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really haven't found yet what I am looking for. So, I guess I will just keep looking. Maybe I will stumble across something that I like that has windows/rectangles.

r/DCP

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balabushka Cues

I looked on Google. There are quite a lot to choose from...

Google "Balabushka Cues"

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for my next cue I would like to have one with what appear to be called rectangles or windows in the butt sleeve. Does anybody know of any cues or cuemakers that have cues like this? Any websites, pics, etc? I've looked at over 1,000 cues in the last 2-3 days and really cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

Here’s the butt sleeve of the JW that I purchased new in 1979. Five maple windows in ebony. Still have it and will never part with it.

Attachments

• 75CC8F24-95BB-4F9F-AEBC-3CD42F6BA744.jpg
    75CC8F24-95BB-4F9F-AEBC-3CD42F6BA744.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 330

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s the butt sleeve of the JW that I purchased new in 1979. Five maple windows in ebony. Still have it and will never part with it.

Here are the veneers, just to show what complements the butt sleeve, on the other side of the wrap.

Attachments

• E9CCE797-199F-417F-BAEC-5DAAF0003F42.jpg
    E9CCE797-199F-417F-BAEC-5DAAF0003F42.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Paul Webster

Registered
I think he is talking about something down these lines........

Like this.....

Attachments

• Paul Webster Maze Cue 1.3.2019.jpg
    Paul Webster Maze Cue 1.3.2019.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 311

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bob Owens with the big ones is more what I am looking for.

Anybody run across any cues or cuemakers that have a similar type cue? Besides Bob, of course.

r/DCP

Any custom cuemaker would be able to do something like that for you or are you looking for an off the shelf one. What is your budget?