Spots on super pro aramith balls?

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have same spots on balls (Super Pro Tournament Duramith technology), it's from balls contacting each other. Didn't find a way to remove them.

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the same problem with spots on my Aramith Tournament balls, despite only using the Aramith product to polish. They were so spotted that I gave the set away. I don’t have that problem with my set of Cyclop balls. I still use the Aramith cleaning product when polishing them. Btw, I have a Diamond Pro-Am. The leather pockets may be a contributing factor, but I just don’t see the spots with the Cyclop set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the same problem with spots on my Aramith Tournament balls, despite only using the Aramith product to polish. They were so spotted that I gave the set away. I don’t have that problem with my set of Cyclop balls. I still use the Aramith cleaning product when polishing them. Btw, I have a Diamond Pro-Am. The leather pockets may be a contributing factor, but I just don’t see the spots with the Cyclop set.

Ok thanks. Maybe I'll grab a set of those to try. It's just crazy so many people have a problem when they are considered to be a premium product.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing wrong with the product it is the product you put on the product.

you'd really need to elaborate to have your comment understood.

I only use aramith polisher and I only use a drop or two ever 3-4 rounds of cleaning in diamond polisher.

additionally, I have washed the carpet in the polisher, so it isnt a gunked-up polisher issue.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Wipe them down with a wet paper towel or microfiber cloth, rung out, after playing with them. Maybe a little Aramith cleaner every once in a while, but not really needed if the table is clean. Lot of overdoing it here.

All the best,
WW

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No word from Aramith yet.

I did pick up a set of dynasphere tungsten balls from the league room for 75 shipped.

So far impressed not even marks from the leather drop pockets on them.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone I've picked these aramith super pros up used but no matter what I've tried they have like water spots that always come back. Any suggestions on how to remove them?

I've tried the aramith restorer and cleaner and used meguiars the last time I cleaned them in my home made ball polisher.

Hand sanitizer, voila!

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those might not be water or scuff spots. If your using a measle cue ball with the Super Pro set they might have caught a virus from the measle ball. Cleaning them wont help. They need to rest in their box for a couple of weeks. Afterwards it would probably be a good idea to put a mask on your measle ball.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll give this a try Jay. Thanks for the suggestion. Is it the alcohol that helps clean them?

You're asking the wrong guy. I just know it works. I put the sanitizer on my hands and rub the ball and all the spots come off.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spots on your Balls....

Those spots may not have been caused by water... they may be from friction in the collision with other balls. I believe a buffer will remove these , real quick.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Bought brand new super pros almost 15 years ago.. played the hell out of them...still do.. they are still flawless

Buy some new ones and be done... stop *****ing that the " bargain" balls are not perfect.. if they were perfect they wouldn't be so cheap...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought brand new super pros almost 15 years ago.. played the hell out of them...still do.. they are still flawless

Buy some new ones and be done... stop *****ing that the " bargain" balls are not perfect.. if they were perfect they wouldn't be so cheap...

What thread are you reading?

The first post states the balls are the super pros.

Maybe you should try some super pros and then let us know how you feel 15 years ago?
L
O
L

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine were Aramith Tournament balls, even more expensive than the Super Pro.