Vent on Charlie Williams

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Jay Helfert I think is a good person and well respected.

As far as the other guy, who said well if I was captain, bla bla bla,
well I don't think we'll have to worry about that!

Jay is too good at commentary for the Mosconi Cup to be the captain.

I completely agree with everything you said about Tony Robles. Ive had the pleasure of playing a couple of Predator events and he was always smiling and professional at all times. He's never too busy to talk to anybody and is honest, sincere and obviously has the passion we all have.

I would vote for Tony in a heart beat knowning how big his heart really is :)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Joey
I happen to think that you would have made a good captain for the US Mosconi Cup team. But I now have reservations when you went for the Aguzin/Helfert joint ticket.

The job needs one strong individual to take it on and command the respect of a what is a pretty irreverent bunch of players.

Both yourself and Jay would probably handle the job rather well. But Jay has the jump on you because he is already over there working for Sky Sports as the commentator.

Tony Robles is the flavor of the week but his Mr Nice Guy persona is not what the team needs.

The US team should be something like Shane VB, Mike Dechaine, Brandon Shuff, Hunter Lombardo and John Morra (he is a North American) and Johnny Archer as non playing captain. They may not win first time out given the cauldron that is York Hall. But they would be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Good points as always Doug. Nice bunch of names for the U.S. Team as well.

I don't know how the U.S. Team has prepared for the Mosconi Cup Team in the past but there doesn't seem to be a lot of "mention" about them preparing. Maybe they've done a lot of preparing in past years. I think that is one important thing that the Team needs to concentrate on.
Sure, they might have to spend a little money getting together during the year to work with one another but getting used to working WITH one another is important.

If Jay "captain-blocked" me, I would give him a high-five and wish him well. He's a good guy! :smile: But he's not getting my ideas about how to help the U.S. Mosconi Cup Team win unless I am all in.:grin:

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the Mosconi Cup Team needs a champion pool player as captain.

Talent and knowledge isn't what they are lacking to crack those European heads open. They've got plenty of that. Unfortunately, American pool is kind of styled after the Old West Gunfighters and most American players haven't learned to compete together, yet.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Having an ex-Marine like Joey as a captain is not such a bad idea.
Being tough but able to work with a team is part of a Marine's job description.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Having an ex-Marine like Joey as a captain is not such a bad idea.
Being tough but able to work with a team is part of a Marine's job description.

pt109,
The Marine's instilled a lot of self discipline in me, a serious work ethic and a code of ethics that has followed me my entire life. It would be an honor to help the U.S. Mosconi Cup Team to "earn" the championship back.

Thanks for thinking that me being a Captain wouldn't be such a bad idea. :smile:

There's lots of good people that could help our team excel but it's not going to take pool talent in a Captain to get their engines synchronized and running on all cylinders.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
pt109,
The Marine's instilled a lot of self discipline in me, a serious work ethic and a code of ethics that has followed me my entire life. It would be an honor to help the U.S. Mosconi Cup Team to "earn" the championship back.

Thanks for thinking that me being a Captain wouldn't be such a bad idea. :smile:

There's lots of good people that could help our team excel but it's not going to take pool talent in a Captain to get their engines synchronized and running on all cylinders.

Hmmm let's see. Who would I like to have my back if I was a Mosconi team member or simply a member of a pool forum..... a Marine who goes by his real name here and the core values he lives by daily or an anonymous forum troll.

THAT is certainly a no-brainer.

You have my vote JoeyA!

Ray

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
pt109,

aye aye Captain Joey :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
aye aye Captain Joey :cool:

Thread drift here.

C.J., do you not sleep well at night, or are you just getting home from being out? :eek:

I am amazed to see you up at these hours, the same hours I am up. I'm just waking up, starting my workday, at 4 and 5 a.m., Eastern Time. Not many people get up early like this, but I do my best work in the early hours while everybody else is asleep. There are no phone interruptions.

I wake up reading AzBilliards, sipping my coffee, getting ready to take off in my cockpit.

Early bird catches the worm, as they say. :grin-square:

Sorry for the thread drift, guys and gals. Here's my cockpit below. :cool:

Back to the topic of the thread, I think JoeyA would be Captain Fantastic!

Attachments

• Main Desk-2.jpg
    Main Desk-2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 163

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On QVC, they have a clearance on Olympic clothing, and there's a couple of fantastic items that Team USA should snap up now for the next Mosconi Cup.

It gets cold this time of year in England at the York. This fleece hoodie would be GREAT for Team USA. :cool:

Attachments

• a227679_848.jpg
    a227679_848.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 159

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And on the offs, how about this nice T-shirt for the railbirds to support Team USA while inside in the stands. USA, All the Way! :grin-square:

Attachments

• a227615.jpg
    a227615.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 159