New cushions for Gold Crown 4. HELP!

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, i'm going to replace the cushions on my Gold Crown 4 and need advice on what cushions to get? I know the GC4 has a K-55 rail profile and the original rubbers are the Brunswick Superspeed. I am from the UK so i'm not sure if I can even get them without buying from the US and paying stupid import charges. I would prefer to have cushions that will last the longest but also play great, I don't want to be changing them alot. I've got a few options that I will list below;

Artemis K-55 Rubbers: Don't these rubbers Bank short? I know they do on the old red label Diamonds so I can imagine they would on the Gold Crown? They would be easy to get though

Artemis K-66 Rubbers: This would involve changing the subrail and i'm not sure if I could find a fitter who could do that in my area. I'm from Chester in the UK which is very far from London. I only have snooker table fitters to choose from. I don't know anything about changing subrails, is it something really easy to do and not expensive? I know I could get these easy but I don't want to get them if it will cost me a fortune to modify the table.

Brunswick Superspeed K-55 Rubbers: Might be the best option but so far I can't find where to get them from that will ship to the UK

Klematch Rubbers: I know nothing about these but heard they are good!

Should I keep the cushion facings or get new ones? I don't know if they wear and ever need changing. I don't know what type is originally and they will probably be very hard to get in the UK unless it's standard for most tables.

Thanks very much in advance! :)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hi, i'm going to replace the cushions on my Gold Crown 4 and need advice on what cushions to get? I know the GC4 has a K-55 rail profile and the original rubbers are the Brunswick Superspeed. I am from the UK so i'm not sure if I can even get them without buying from the US and paying stupid import charges. I would prefer to have cushions that will last the longest but also play great, I don't want to be changing them alot. I've got a few options that I will list below;

Artemis K-55 Rubbers: Don't these rubbers Bank short? I know they do on the old red label Diamonds so I can imagine they would on the Gold Crown? They would be easy to get though

Artemis K-66 Rubbers: This would involve changing the subrail and i'm not sure if I could find a fitter who could do that in my area. I'm from Chester in the UK which is very far from London. I only have snooker table fitters to choose from. I don't know anything about changing subrails, is it something really easy to do and not expensive? I know I could get these easy but I don't want to get them if it will cost me a fortune to modify the table.

Brunswick Superspeed K-55 Rubbers: Might be the best option but so far I can't find where to get them from that will ship to the UK

Should I keep the cushion facings or get new ones? I don't know if they wear and ever need changing. I don't know what type is originally and they will probably be very hard to get in the UK unless it's standard for most tables.

Pay the import taxes and go with what was factory: Brunswick Superspeed. Yes you should have new facings put on at the same time. 60 durometer neoprene for the facings. GC4 is one of the best playin tables out there. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Trent from Toledo

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Artemis and Klematch both offer a top quality K55 profile cushion which should work, although some reputable installers on here may claim they won't fit quite right without altering the subrails and that Brunswick Superspeeds are what you should use on any Gold Crown table. Either way, I would always suggest using new black neoprene facings when replacing cushion rubbers.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I think getting new original cushions would be the best option. A long shot but I don't suppose anyone knows any UK suppliers for American pool table parts? I tried Pro9 shop but they don't do them.
As for the 60 durometer neoprene facings, I think I remember seeing them on a site but they listed different thicknesses. Does the thicker one rattle more shots or something or vice versa?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks. I think getting new original cushions would be the best option. A long shot but I don't suppose anyone knows any UK suppliers for American pool table parts? I tried Pro9 shop but they don't do them.
As for the 60 durometer neoprene facings, I think I remember seeing them on a site but they listed different thicknesses. Does the thicker one rattle more shots or something or vice versa?

3/16" is the industry standard. 1/4" is the largest I have used thus far. I

you can order cushions and facings from here:

https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/brunswick-rail-cushions.html

Trent from Toledo

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would only choose to use thicker than 1/8" facings if you want tighter than 5" corners and 5-1/2" sides, and you don't wish to have your installer lengthen the subrails - which is the ideal way to achieve tighter pockets without using thicker pocket facings. If you're not lengthening the subrails and they haven't previously been lengthened or altered, 3/16" facings should yield 4-7/8" corners and 5-3/8" sides, or 1/4" facings will yield 4-3/4" corners and 5-1/4" sides. Under no circumstances should you use any thicker than 1/4" facings as it will result in too much "dead rail" at the end of your cushions, so if you're looking for 4'1/2" corners, you really should have a reputable installer lengthen your subrails before installing the new cushion rubbers.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have it set up right the first time. If you're a high level player, 4.5" pockets. If average player, 4.75".

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Pay the import taxes and go with what was factory: Brunswick Superspeed. Yes you should have new facings put on at the same time. 60 durometer neoprene for the facings. GC4 is one of the best playin tables out there. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Trent from Toledo

How about the J&J black for $50? AKA as Diamond Black.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3/16" is the industry standard. 1/4" is the largest I have used thus far. I

you can order cushions and facings from here:

https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/brunswick-rail-cushions.html

Trent from Toledo
I've sent an email to them but i'm not sure if they ship abroad. I guess I will find out soon! I asked about shipping the 1/4" facings too. If they let me down I can get them on ebay for $225 inclding all extra charges for just the cushions

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My regular place has Artemis K55 ('Intercontinental 66") on some of their GCs and Superspeeds on others, all setup by the same guy. I honestly cannot tell a difference. But even at $225 your Ebay guy is cheaper than we can get Artemis here.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Artemis and Klematch both offer a top quality K55 profile cushion which should work, although some reputable installers on here may claim they won't fit quite right without altering the subrails and that Brunswick Superspeeds are what you should use on any Gold Crown table. Either way, I would always suggest using new black neoprene facings when replacing cushion rubbers.

Get it right, GC1, 2 & early 3's used the Monarch Superspeed cushions, newer 3's, 4's & 5's take the newer Superspeed cushions🙈

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Diamond can provide the facings and their Black K55 cushions pretty easy, they have a European distributor in Finland. Diamondbilliardproductseurope.com I think.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
I will go with klemach p59 rubber.
I install them on few dynamic II and dynamic III tables, also on two brunswick metro tables.
Albin Ouchan was on vacation in my country for 15 days with his sister and I put that brunswick metro table with klemach rails for them to practice while they were there.
They were quite pleased with the way table played

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk