** Florida Pool Scene **

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who do you think are the top 10 rotation (9/10 ball) players in Florida?

Who are the top 10 action players in Florida as well?

I know some has changed since I left there about 9 years ago, but I'm curious to hear what players think.
The best players, and action guys since say 95 till now.

Thanks

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
well you have tony crosby and tommy kennedy
both sponsoring tours and usually doing well

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you Luis Viera is a real strong money player. I don`t know if he is still around Florida though.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the West Palm area 'Ceasar' has to be the top action guy but he is 95% 1p and needs a spot from good players

Melrose is another guy-usually a little farther south good action in 1P or 9-10B-plays alright

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Here in Orlando we have Adam Wheeler, Mike D and Julio (don't know his last name) as well as Luis Viera.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luis still play?
I know playin 1 handed, I'm not betting against him EVER.

I played him about a year or so ago in a tournament. He definitely wasn't as good as he used to be.

I remember the first time I ever played him in a handicapped 9 ball tournament about 10 years ago. I was getting the last 6 and the breaks (yeah I sucked then).

He said, "If you meese, I'm gonna beet you"

I shot 4 times that match (race to 4). All 4 shots being the break.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
I played him about a year or so ago in a tournament. He definitely wasn't as good as he used to be.

I remember the first time I ever played him in a handicapped 9 ball tournament about 10 years ago. I was getting the last 6 and the breaks (yeah I sucked then).

He said, "If you meese, I'm gonna beet you"

I shot 4 times that match (race to 4). All 4 shots being the break.

You should have waited til he got drunk, lol. Still one hell of a player though and a good friend. He showed me how to jump with a full length cue and will always be grateful for that.

Thank you Papi :smile:

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who do you think are the top 10 rotation (9/10 ball) players in Florida?

Who are the top 10 action players in Florida as well?

I know some has changed since I left there about 9 years ago, but I'm curious to hear what players think.
The best players, and action guys since say 95 till now.

Thanks
you know who he is brent

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you know who he is brent

Lol.
I know who your talkin about, but I won't throw his name under the bus incase he makes a return to pool again he will be able to sneak around and rob everyone again. Only the Florida people know his name. He was definitely a standout and at all games.
Lots of good players have lived in Fla. over the past 15/20 years that a lot of Internet folks do to know, and a lot of them they do know.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.
I know who your talkin about, but I won't throw his name under the bus incase he makes a return to pool again he will be able to sneak around and rob everyone again. Only the Florida people know his name. He was definitely a standout and at all games.
Lots of good players have lived in Fla. over the past 15/20 years that a lot of Internet folks do to know, and a lot of them they do know.

There were a lot of guys back then. What about George Brunt, Steve Knoll, Mario Cruz and 10 years ago Trevor could flat dab it.