The Scoop on Bonus Ball

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Ok folks...what really happened with Bonus Ball?

Why did it fold so quickly? What was the contract with the players? Did they get paid? Who owns the building? Who invested and how much of a stake did Larry have in it? What is going to happen with the facility now? Is there a calendar of the ball girls (I want one!)? What were all the lies that were told?

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're asking some pretty tough questions, Jason. I don't think most AZers know the answers to your questions. Now they may THINK they know by virtue of their cogent posts, but let's not be fooled. From the BB threads I have read the posts are replete with extrapolations and hearsay. I feel the only person who could answer your questions —someone who actually posts on here— is Nathan.

I trust whatever Nathan has posted/will post. Why? Because he is THERE. He knows what's actually happening right now. The one piece of information Nathan wrote while many were 'bad-mouthing' the BB stream quality was, (and I paraphrase) "It doesn't matter the quality of the stream, though we are working on it, what matters is what is happening in the BB studio. It's good stuff and has gotten the attention of many people."

On account of that statement alone I remain optimistic about BBs return. So when others begin to post in response to your inquiries, please, Jason, don't give them much credibility; unless of course, the answers come from someone privy to the goings-on within the BB world. One of those individuals I have named as above.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Jason, Jason...

KK9 <-- gonna pour a drink at noon, a Yahoo with grain alcohol - if someone starts another BB thread before the imminent announcement that Matchroom took it over and Fox is airing it every week for a 26 week episode and all 8 B playing BB players get $10K a week in Wheatbucks for showing up.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
You're asking some pretty tough questions, Jason. I don't think most AZers know the answers to your questions. Now they may THINK they know by virtue of their cogent posts, but let's not be fooled. From the BB threads I have read the posts are replete with extrapolations and hearsay. I feel the only person who could answer your questions —someone who actually posts on here— is Nathan.

I trust whatever Nathan has posted/will post. Why? Because he is THERE. He knows what's actually happening right now. The one piece of information Nathan wrote while many were 'bad-mouthing' the BB stream quality was, (and I paraphrase) "It doesn't matter the quality of the stream, though we are working on it, what matters is what is happening in the BB studio. It's good stuff and has gotten the attention of many people."

On account of that statement alone I remain optimistic about BBs return. So when others begin to post in response to your inquiries, please, Jason, don't give them much credibility; unless of course, the answers come from someone privy to the goings-on within the BB world. One of those individuals I have named as above.

Really? Nathan's statement had any merit? The only value it had was to prove their sophomoric approach. How much revenue did they recode from "inside the studio"? Versus the revenue potential from the stream? Stream quality doesn't matter? It was nothing more than a failed attempt at spinning an issue. Nathan's PR skills only added to the BBs bad rap.

Auto accident t aside, notice how eriely quiet Nathan has been in the bonus ball threads since shut down. That silence speaks volumes as well considering not much has stopped him from saying just a out anything he felt like in the past.

Please don't misunderstand my tone. The original question was as to why BB failed, I don't think Nathan is the cause but I don't think you will find much value in his statements either.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Whether BB is dead or not, it would be nice to know WTF is going on.

Any word on the calendar? :)

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I'd check with fatboy if I were you.

Ok folks...what really happened with Bonus Ball?

Why did it fold so quickly? What was the contract with the players? Did they get paid? Who owns the building? Who invested and how much of a stake did Larry have in it? What is going to happen with the facility now? Is there a calendar of the ball girls (I want one!)? What were all the lies that were told?

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
OK... so let me get this right. I drop off the forum for a few months and come back to find BB is over? Is this true?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric posted The Statement @ AUG 15, timely, but i can't find it, and i forgot what it said - cause i was more concerned about his "cooking" incident.

they are talking about in in NYC , its my understanding that has started, should know more in a few days,

Im just guessing, but i doubt they pick up where they left off, i made a couple posts on possible scenarios for the future-and thats just MY guess. not a fact or information I heard.

I think we will hear something from the meetings soon. that's all I really know.

Oh one more thing, it is MY GUESS and thats just a guess the Canadian investors lost their $$$, and Larry probably wont be involved much in the future, and again this is pure speculation.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
they are talking about in in NYC , its my understanding that has started, should know more in a few days,

Im just guessing, but i doubt they pick up where they left off, i made a couple posts on possible scenarios for the future-and thats just MY guess. not a fact or information I heard.

I think we will hear something from the meetings soon. that's all I really know.

Oh one more thing, it is MY GUESS and thats just a guess the Canadian investors lost their $$$, and Larry probably wont be involved much in the future, and again this is pure speculation.

I have it on reliable sources from a friend of a friend of a pro player's great grandmother that Larry just bought out Barry Behrman under the condition that Brady gets free entry for life.

;)

(Thanks for the insight Eric, hoping for the best too)