If Pool Rooms/Bars Opened Monday 5/4/2020 , post Covid 19 would you come if.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You had to wear a mask to play, play would be allowed in disposable rubber gloves, only two players per table, no free loading spectators. Not allowed.

Say if made you stop Play ever 30 minutes for staff to wiping down rails.

What post Covid - 19 hassles would you put up with to play pool?

This is an if situation.

First Owners have to be allowed to reopen.

Then the Owners would want to reopen.

Last players would want to come, and get out of the house.

How much goofy stuff could you tolerate?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You had to wear a mask to play, play would be allowed in disposable rubber gloves, only two players per table, no free loading spectators. Not allowed.

Say if made you stop Play ever 30 minutes for staff to wiping down rails.

What post Covid - 19 hassles would you put up with to play pool?

This is an if situation.

First Owners have to be allowed to reopen.

Then the Owners would want to reopen.

Last players would want to come, and get out of the house.

How much goofy stuff could you tolerate?
No. Bars/rooms here in Ok. can open on the 15th. IMO its still too early. No desire to go in one for a while. Gonna be playin a lot of golf looks like.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't play in a mask or gloves. I'll just play at my house.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room is opening on Monday. The only restrictions being limited to 25% capacity and 6’ social distancing. I’ll be there for lunch!

If masks and gloves were mandated, I wouldn’t go. I’d simply continue to play more golf as I have over the past 6 weeks or so, where no restrictions beyond social distancing are required.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won’t go back unless we can freely play without distancing, masks or gloves. Basically staying home till this virus is over with. If we need to wear masks and gloves then that means danger is still looming.

Stay home. Be safe.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. My decision also impacts those at home, etc. My desire to play billiards is low down on life necessities. My wife, an RN, definitely will avoid any close human contact such as the hairdresser, etc. Even though they are opening this week.

I’ll resume these types of indoor activities, ‘possibly pool’ in 6 weeks or so if things seems ok. Golf courses, parks etc are open in my city and province. People are being responsible keeping social distancing. Restaurants can reopen with restrictions. No bars in restaurants.

Like others I have my own table. On top of this, billiards winds down this time of year. By September hopefully things will be back to normal. I

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be there on the day it reopens. But if masks, gloves, disinfectant, etc are required I won't stay. This whole thing is totally overblown, and everyone just goes along with the government and the media like a flock of sheep without critically looking at the facts. I've lost a lot of respect for our society in general through this.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I won’t go back unless we can freely play without distancing, masks or gloves. Basically staying home till this virus is over with. If we need to wear masks and gloves then that means danger is still looming.

Stay home. Be safe.

Well heres is a QUESTION, in your opinion what does "OVER WITH" mean to you?:wink:

BTW I also realize if there is a Covid - 19 Vaccine, not everyone will do well taking it. One or two people could be illirgicillergic, and die! So that is even putting your life on the line, rolling up your sleeve, and saying shoot me with Vaccine.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have emphysema, So I'm wary....

If they continue to find medicines, that will help one get past this virus attack, I may go play some Golf (on a Snooker Table, with Pool Balls), with some of my Pool Playing Buddies. WE do sit a little closer than 6 feet, but most of us are already old & learned, in the art of respect. Plus, the sitting arrangement can be modified. I don't want to get sick & plan not to... I'd sure like to play some Pool.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The local APA is trying to resume with masks, gloves, limited attendance. We took a poll and our team declined even though we're in first place. My feeling is I go there to socialize, play competitive pool and maybe win and have some team fun and recreation. Walking in with a masks, gloves on to play a match doesn't sound like much fun or recreation.

I also know there will be jokers in the room who don't give a damn with a cowboy bandanna on their neck, laughing, talking and shedding without it ever coming up to their mouth or nose. Can't nobody tell them nuthin'.

No thanks.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I would be there on the day it reopens. But if masks, gloves, disinfectant, etc are required I won't stay. This whole thing is totally overblown, and everyone just goes along with the government and the media like a flock of sheep without critically looking at the facts. I've lost a lot of respect for our society in general through this.

Will you wear a mask to protect others? How about doing so to not scare off all the other customers? Is this like a RED and BLUE thing?

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely not.......I’ll just wait another 4-6 weeks to see if anyone comes down sick first.
As a senior, I am already in an at risk group so it just isn’t worth gambling versus waiting.
It is not going to kill me to wait a little longer but it just could wind up killing me not to wait.

Everyone decides their own fate in life but it’s sad that your misfortune could become mine.
So even though no one wants to infect another, there’s going to be asymptomatic people.
And some of those folks enjoy playing pool so it’s my challenge to avoid encountering them.

Very few people on this Forum might love playing pool more than I do. I have been playing for
60 years and I yearn to return to the pool hall and get it going again. But I want to keep playing
more for a long time and returning too soon, like now instead of a month from now, is just risky.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they continue to find medicines, that will help one get past this virus attack, I may go play some Golf (on a Snooker Table, with Pool Balls), with some of my Pool Playing Buddies. WE do sit a little closer than 6 feet, but most of us are already old & learned, in the art of respect. Plus, the sitting arrangement can be modified. I don't to get sick & plan not to...I'd sure like to play some Pool.

HEY BUDDY!
" Glad too see you posting...
Expect to see you soon,
Can't wait !

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are just too many common surface areas when you play pool that are shared by everyone.
You can sit 10 ft. apart and it doesn’t matter. Everyone touches the cue ball and object balls, rack,
bridge, sometimes house chalk gets used, and the felt itself and the pockets.....social distancing
just is not enough. Then throw in the general surroundings and other hard surface areas.....OMG.

If one asymptomatic person walks into the pool hall & plays league, a tournament, or just with pals,
there’s going to be a lot of new infections caused by only one (1) person’s visit so imagine a few?
Keeping one’s distance from others in a pool hall just is not enough when you seriously consider it.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, not going in for at least 6 weeks. We are locked down till end of May and even then I won't go. I see to many people who are, in my opinion, ill informed and not taking this serious. I think those that are opening are going to regret it in many ways.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No free loading spectators is the greatest idea in the world, I am sick to death of them and their opinions.I would start going to the poolroom again if they were absent.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how I could play with glasses fogging up due to a mask and rubber gloves don't seem workable either but on the topic of covid 19 I look at it this way.

I think I can beat it if I get only covid 19. I'm not sure I could beat both the flu and covid 19 at the same time. Therefore if I had to get it I'd rather have it now and develop immunity prior to flu season.

I have little confidence in the "experts". The flu vaccine frequently doesn't match the strain of flu that arrives and it is possible whatever vaccine they come up with won't be effective.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

On behalf of society, we are just plain devastated that you feel let down.

There's ne need to call someone a sheep simply because they are taking steps to avoid a preventable illness. Too many individuals are more or less unable to consistently do what is reasonable on their own. I understand the distain for government rules but left to their own individual devices I honestly believe it would have been significantly worse.