One in a Zillion

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve was one in a Zillion! I don't even know if there is a number like that, BUT if there is he is. At his best he was that rare, But excluding his fantastic pool game his personality was that rare too. His sense of humor kept me laughing whenever I was with him. We played pranks on each other , back and forth and he brought out the humor in me. In thinking back just off the top of my head I can think of a few stories I think are funny. Maybe some of you will think so too. If interested let me know and I'll tell you about "The Great Hotel Room Robbery!" It's a little lengthy so I'll only post if on command by several people.

"THE GREAT HOTEL ROBBERY"
So Steve and I and a top pool player friend of ours { Mr. X } were eating breakfast one morning at a tournament in Tennesee.
Along came our waitress and to our surprise she was a doll in every way. We all smiled but the mr. X did more than that. Some how he got her alone in the middle of the restaurant while she was working and talked her into a date. (They are both married so no names here.) He came back and told us and told us she was married too.
They went out that night to a bar in the hotel etc. The next day he told Steve and I about it and Steve had a bright idea.
He told me (incited me) to try and get the key to Mr. X 's room. So I went to the desk and said I was Mr. X and to our amazement they gave me the key. (LOL)
Steve and I went into his room and pillaged it to the bone. We took his toothbrush underwear, pool cue, shoes , sneaker, etc. etc. etc.There was a ham sandwich
and we ate that too. We took EVERYTHING! On the way out Steve grabbed a piece of soap and wrote on the mirror. "STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE OR ELSE !!!
Well if you knew (Mr. X) he was the kind of guy that gets nervous over stuff like that. I mean really nervous. His hands sweat and he walks back and forth.
Steve and I hid all his stuff in our bathtub behind the shower curtain. Mr. X being one of our good friends immediately called us on the phone and told us what had happened and asked me what to do. I said "better call the house detective" and Steve's eyes went to the ceiling. He almost burst out laughing. Mr. X was so nervous he ran down the hall to our room and while stuttering and pacing back and forth and perspiring buckets he went to our bathroom to dry his hands etc. I suppose the curtain wasn't totally closed in the tub. because he spied something and tore it open, saw everything and screamed. YOU GOT ME! You Got ME ! and repeated that loud running all the way out of our room and down the hall still screaming YOU GOT ME! Steve and I laughed so hard we both almost pissed our pants. Part of what made it so hysterical was when he initially came to our room and detailed what had been taken he said that he can't borrow our clothes what was he going to do now? I was 240lbs and Steve more and Mr. X was like 160 maybe soaking wet. lol
Mr. X passed away but I wouldn't want to hurt his wife so private requests only on his name. He was a top player in the day.
I'm not an author by any means but Steve and I played so many tricks on each other it's hard to remember them all.

Have another tournament story if you liked this one let me know.

Last edited:

jkblbsl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please share.....

.......it would be nice to hear stories from someone that knew Steve as well as you did.....

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robbery lol

"THE GREAT HOTEL ROBBERY"
So Steve and I and a good pool player friend of ours { Mr. X } were eating breakfast one morning at a tournament in Tennesee.
Along came our waitress and to our surprise she was a doll in every way. We all smiled but the mr. X did more than that. Some how he got her alone in the middle of the restaurant while she was working and talked her into a date. (They are both married so no names here.) He came back and told us and told us she was married too.
They went out that night to a bar in the hotel etc. The next day he told Steve and I about it and Steve had a bright idea.
He told me (incited me) to try and get the key to Mr. X 's room. So I went to the desk and said I was Mr. X and they gave me the key. (LOL)
Steve and I went into his room and pillaged it to the bone. We took his toothbrush underwear, pool cue, shoes , sneaker, etc. etc. etc.
EVERYTHING! On the way out Steve grabbed a piece of soap and wrote on the mirror. "STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE OR ELSE !!!
Well if you knew (Mr. X) he was the kind of guy that gets nervous over stuff like that. I mean really nervous. His hands sweat and he walks back and forth.
Steve and I hid all his stuff in our bathtub behind the shower curtain. Mr. X being one of our good friends immediately called us on the phone and told us what had happened and asked me what to do. I said "better call the house detective" and Steve's eyes went to the ceiling...! Mr. X was so nervous he ran down the hall to our room and while stuttering and pacing back and forth and perspring buckets he went to our bathroom to dry his hands etc. I suppose the curtain wasn't totally closed because he spied something and tore it open and screamed. YOU GOT ME! You Got ME ! and repeated that loud running all the way out of our room and down the hall still screaming YOU GOT ME! Steve and I laughed so hard we both almost pissed our pants. Part of what made it so hysterical was when he initially came to our room and detailed what had been taken he said that he can't borrow our clothes. I was 240lbs and Steve more and Mr. X was like 160 maybe. lol
Mr. X passed away but I wouldn't want to hurt his wife so private requests only on his name. He was a top player in the day.
I'm not an author by any means but Steve and I played so many tricks on each other it's hard to remember them all.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
So Steve and I and a good pool player friend of ours { Mr. X } were eating breakfast one morning at a tournament in Tennesee.
Along came our waitress and to our surprise she was a doll in every way. We all smiled but the mystery player did more than that. Some how he got her alone in the middle of the restaurant while she was working and talked her into a date. (he is married so no names here.) He came back and told us and told us she was married too.
He told me (incited me) to try and get the key to Mr. X 's room. So I went to the desk and said I was Mr. X and they gave me the key. (LOL)
Steve and I went into his room and pillaged it to the bone. We took his toothbrush
underwear, pool cue, shoes , sneaker, etc. etc. etc. EVERYTHING! On the way out Steve grabbed a piece of soap and wrote on the mirror. "STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE OR ELSE !!!
Well if you knew this guy (Mr. X) he was the kind of guy that gets nervous over stuff like that. I mean really nervous.
Steve and I hid all his stuff in our bathtub behind the shower curtain. Mr. X being one of our good friends immediately called us on the phone and told us what had happened and asked me what to do. I said "better call the house detective" and Steve's eyes went to the ceiling...! Mr. X was so nervous he ran down the hall to our room and while stuttering and pacing back and forth and perspring buckets he went to our bathroom to dry his hands etc. I suppose the curtain wasn 't totally closed because he spied something and tore it open and screamed. YOU GOT ME! and repeated that loud running all the way out of our room and down the hall still screaming YOU GOT ME! Steve and I laughed so hard we both almost pissed our pants. Part of what made it so hysterical was when he initially came to our room and detailed what had been taken he said that he can't borrow our clothes. I was 240lbs and Steve more and he was like 160 maybe. lol

Most epic bump in AZB history. I’ll take the other story, I’ll have Siri set a reminder for 2025.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you read the beginning of the page I stated it was a long story and I wouldn't tell it unless asked by a few people. They asked....It was long...but it is true and funny at least for me.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you read the beginning of the page I stated it was a long story and I wouldn't tell it unless asked by a few people. They asked....It was long...but it is true and funny at least for me.

Thanks for posting! I thoroughly enjoyed that!

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know I have to apologize. The story is interestingly funny, but the writer is lacking talent.
I could have worked harder at it now that I'm re reading it. It's not even spaced well. lol
I was drinking that night (excuse) I don't drink....lol

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You know I have to apologize. The story is interestingly funny, but the writer is lacking talent.
I could have worked harder at it now that I'm re reading it. It's not even spaced well. lol
I was drinking that night (excuse) I don't drink....lol

Just keep posting...this is a billiard forum...Hemingway expertise is not required.

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, at least someone has manners. I didn't put it up to make me happy...I don't think??
the most epic bump guy must feel good about his comments.....?????????

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, at least someone has manners. I didn't put it up to make me happy...I don't think??
the most epic bump guy must feel good about his comments.....?????????

JerseyBill,

Thank you for posting the story. I know many, many more people have read it and enjoyed it than have commented here.