How are table dimensions specified?

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been covered many times before, but I did a search with no useful results.

Do manufacturers come up with their own table specs?

Is each model pretty much unique in terms of specs?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sorry if this has been covered many times before, but I did a search with no useful results.

Do manufacturers come up with their own table specs?

Is each model pretty much unique in terms of specs?

No, the principles of a pool table is kind of specific to the game, the problem is, there's a 100 different interpretations of those dimensions.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, the principles of a pool table is kind of specific to the game, the problem is, there's a 100 different interpretations of those dimensions.

Thanks for the info Glen.

So where are the specs documented? Isn't it true that the pocket shelves on Diamond tables are deeper than say a GC? I guess it's hard for the layman to understand how specs can be open to interpretation.

SlateMate

Banned
because there are no laws concerning pool table design and construction and therefore no set standards. the only steadfast 'rule' that most follow is that it must be half as long as it is wide.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
lol... yeah, that's what i meant... it would make for an interesting design though. the side pockets would be on the center of the end and foot rails.

Think of 5" pockets.. 6 pockets X 5" = 30"
That's a LARGE hole on any bar size table. :D

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• right angle pool table.jpg
    right angle pool table.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 128

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
because there are no laws concerning pool table design and construction and therefore no set standards. the only steadfast 'rule' that most follow is that it must be half as long as it is wide.

BCA rule book states the specifications for pool tables