The Iceberg Justin Bergman vs Eagle Eye Jayson Shaw Big Money Action

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like it's on guys, Justin and Jayson have agreed to play a high stakes 10 Ball match in February after the Derby at Steakhorse Billiards in S, Carolina.

Format is races to 21 or 25 best 3 out 5 sets wins the cheese.

9ft Diamond Table

They are just ironing out all the final details with a official announcement coming soon.

This is a rematch from a few years back, they played a race to 80 with 40k in the middle in Justin's home town St Louis and Justin won that one in a blowout 80-59 :eek:

But this is a new time and a new day, new location :)

Who do you guys like in this one ?

Should be a hell of a match imo

A New Design (16) q1.jpg

47035708_1973141352770140_5686832966748078080_n.jpg

32191735_633022903716705_2021198896394403840_o small.jpg
2600 E Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29307
Phone: (864) 586-1527

website-logo.png

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dayne Miller in spartanburg is making big things happen.his room,steakhorse,is really top notch and he always takes care of the players,thats why we will get to see matches like this.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is the favorite.

Hope they get a shot clock....or this could take awhile.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unwatchable without a 30 second shot clock.I love the guy but I need some sort of action going on.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair, he was also the favorite last time.

You gotta admit we have never seen Shaw play so poorly ever. He checked out of that match pretty quickly. Look at the fortitude he brought with the comeback vs SVB on day 2, losing 95 to 100. That Shaw is the best in the world.

If they play with a shot clock Bergman is a big underdog. It is nice to see him travel a little to get action and I hope this match happens.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is the favorite.

Hope they get a shot clock....or this could take awhile.
This a gambling match no shot clock for this one.

I don't think i can remember ever seeing an action match played using a shot clock ?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unwatchable without a 30 second shot clock.I love the guy but I need some sort of action going on.
I watched some of the action match Oscar and Justin played couple of months ago and Justin's pace of play seemed fine to me.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's on guys starting February 7 thru 11th if needed, it's going to be a race to 25 each day 1st player to win three races gets the cash. :dance:

10 Ball on 9ft Diamond using a template rack.

Not sure of the exact stakes yet but it's going to be Big.

Live on PoolActionTV :smile:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK I'll bite....

If Justin won a race to 80 by a score of 80-59 some years ago, why would Jason be a favorite now? Have the years changed both players? Has Jason improved to where he is such a favorite over Justin? Just askin'...

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Justin won a race to 80 by a score of 80-59 some years ago, why would Jason be a favorite now? Have the years changed both players? Has Jason improved to where he is such a favorite over Justin? Just askin'...

I don't think he is a favorite in 10 ball, maybe 9 ball because of his break. I would not be surprised to see Justin win this or it go all five sets.

Last edited: