9’ Diamond Professional issues

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a new Diamond 9' table for my house. Been playing on it a bit and it appears to be pretty slow and has a slow reaction when hitting the rails.

The banks run long and appear to come off a bit dead. Almost like the rail is too high. There is no adjustment on the rails so I can't imagine this is the issue.

Is there any tests I can do to see if my table is flawed at all? Any measurements?

I am a masters level player with a fargo rate around 660. My table just doesn't play like other diamonds I have played on. Love the table but its challenging to work the ball around the table. Have to hit it pretty hard.

Thanks in advance

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Start by ensuring that the rail bolts are tight. Once you know that the rail bolts are tight, measure the nose height of the cushion. It should be somewhere in the proximity of 1 7/16" (maybe just slightly above, depending on how precisely you are able to measure).

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start by ensuring that the rail bolts are tight. Once you know that the rail bolts are tight, measure the nose height of the cushion. It should be somewhere in the proximity of 1 7/16" (maybe just slightly above, depending on how precisely you are able to measure).

GrkSxsDBTag3Z81d8

Let me know if you can see the picture.

SlateMate

Banned
this is a "new" table from diamond? get their butts back there to fix it....

there was a used pro-diamond 9' down here for $1,500. it won't fit in my house or i'd have jumped on it. it's now gone...

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Well, you did say that the table is new. New cloth will cause your banks to run a bit long.

Diamonds are known for banking short, so it's odd that this one would bank long. Unless, of course, it is because of the fresh cloth.

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you did say that the table is new. New cloth will cause your banks to run a bit long.

Diamonds are known for banking short, so it's odd that this one would bank long. Unless, of course, it is because of the fresh cloth.

Had the diamond guy here and he thinks it’s a combination of new cloth and my basement is colder then normal.

It’s 18 degrees in my basement but the table does seem colder then a pool room. Balls are a bit chilly too. I put a heater in the room and hoping it changes in a few days.