Question on table set up

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy is looking at a valley bar box. It is completely refurbished with new rails and simonis cloth. Guy wants 1000 bucks plus 325 to install it upstairs....as long as we do the moving up the stairs!

My question is this: How hard is it to set up and level a valley barbox? When I had the cloth replaced on mine, it looked fairly straight forward- a few screws to put the legs on, drop the slate in, few screws to put the rails on.

Am I missing anything? What in the world is this guy needing 325 bucks for especially if we are doing the heavy work? Is leveling a valley an highly technical process. I would appreciate any tips/ suggestions (Other than "just buy a diamond") His budget is what it is.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Buddy is looking at a valley bar box. It is completely refurbished with new rails and simonis cloth. Guy wants 1000 bucks plus 325 to install it upstairs....as long as we do the moving up the stairs!

My question is this: How hard is it to set up and level a valley barbox? When I had the cloth replaced on mine, it looked fairly straight forward- a few screws to put the legs on, drop the slate in, few screws to put the rails on.

Am I missing anything? What in the world is this guy needing 325 bucks for especially if we are doing the heavy work? Is leveling a valley an highly technical process. I would appreciate any tips/ suggestions (Other than "just buy a diamond") His budget is what it is.

It is fairly simple to set up a Valley Bar Box. Leveling is done on the adjustable feet. The hard part is getting it upstairs.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
When I move a Valley bar box, I like to pull the rails off, remove the slate, and take the legs off. This makes everything much easier to carry.
Installation is the opposite order.

Additionally, I ensure that all hardware is tight and in good working order. Check the corner casting bolts, to ensure that they are all tight. That makes a HUGE difference in how a Valley plays. Fish an open end 9/16" wrench past the pocket liner, and tighten the bolt on each side of the casting. Certainly easiest to do this with the slate removed.

Tighten your rail bolts to 60 in-lbs.