Harris Cues Meltdown on Eddie Wheat Proportions

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Anyone catch the meltdown on Facebook, last night? A lot of allegations thrown about...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Anyone catch the meltdown on Facebook, last night? A lot of allegations thrown about...

Indeed, he's mad that his GoFundMe didn't raise $200,000

Attachments

• received_368643140363665.jpg
    received_368643140363665.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2,641
  • received_2184806161543507.jpg
    received_2184806161543507.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,650

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's clearly put himself in a position to be taken advantage of.

I like his cues.

Hard way to make a living,

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Yikes. I take no pleasure in hearing this. I have no dog hunting here. Possibly just a night of binge drinking going on.... Let's all hope. Matt D.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another reason not to be on Facebook. Hopefully he has a Twitter account too so he can really express himself.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It certainly has to be rage material to have your work go unpaid.

Obviously multiple angles to the matter

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A $200,000 GoFundMe tells me he had either (1) inadequate insurance or (2) no insurance at all.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't Sly in MD? There must be something in the water with those MD cuemakers farming out work, history repeats.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does everybody else do then?
Jason

Pay up.

Insurance is available for anything, you just have to pay for it.
*insurancepoliciesaresubecttoplanexlusionsandlimitationsseeyourlocalagentforinformationconcerningyourspecificneedsandoptionsthisisnotleagladvicenorsholuditbeconstruedassuchnotallproductsareavailableinallmarketsseeyourlocalagentfordiscussionpertaingtoyouruniqueneedsandoptions

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buying insurance in Fla. can be a "tad" confusing. You've got wind and flood policies available. Some are a flat deductible others are a percentage of the value. I don't know what a decent overall(weather, fire,theft, liability,etc) policy for a cue business would run buts its not cheap.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Isn't Sly in MD? There must be something in the water with those MD cuemakers farming out work, history repeats.

Was wondering the same thing. This may play hell on Sly's name and cue values...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
policies and claims

Buying insurance in Fla. can be a "tad" confusing. You've got wind and flood policies available. Some are a flat deductible others are a percentage of the value. I don't know what a decent overall(weather, fire,theft, liability,etc) policy for a cue business would run buts its not cheap.

Much the same with insurance in south Louisiana. You can have wind and rain and not be covered for tornado or hurricane. Those are "acts of God" and the wind and rain coverage doesn't cover acts of God. Two people side by side, one's claim agent writes the damage as wind damage, one's agent writes the damage as flood damage. One person gets $135,000, their neighbor gets zero. Oh yeah, they had the same policy from the same company!

After the US corp of engineers flooded a community the flood insurance rates were scheduled to go to roughly 1/5 the value of the house per year. Try fading twenty to thirty thousand a year for just flood insurance on lower middle class homes. Without flood insurance your mortgage is due in full. They have you from the front, they have you from the back . . .

One named storm took my river of wood that was all over eight years old, some pushing a hundred years old. Another named storm took my cue shop. I took a hint!

Hu

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
If you own a $3800 Sly cue, what's your first question? Do you believe the answer?

Exactly. I've seen Sly four-pointers go for $1200+. The same Harris go for $700+. Not that things are equal on the secondary (seldom are), but the Sly just took a $500 hit, right off the bat. Let alone the questions now going through owner's minds.

On a side note, if anyone gave either Sly or Harris $3800 for a cue, you're a moron. <~My opinion.