Snooker tables in Canada

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
This year I'd like to expand FindSnooker.com to include a list of snooker tables in Canada, and I could use your help.

First I'd like to create a list of all the tables known and rumored to exist. If you know of a snooker table at a local pool hall, club, rec center, hotel, senior center, or other venue, please post a reply, send me a PM, or send me an email via FindSnooker.com.

I'd appreciate whatever info you can provide. It's helpful to have as much of the following information as possible:

Name of site
Type of site: pool hall, private club,...
Mailing address (incl. province and postal code)
Phone number
Website
Number and size of snooker tables (e.g. 12', 10', 9', ...)
Other notes on condition of equipment: cloth, rails, etc.
Last date table(s) seen or pool hall contacted

Typically I won't keep track of the hours of operation or the cost for table time. I'll include listings for tables in homes, but the listing would be limited to a forum username and/or email address and the city (or closest metropolitan area).

I'll be cross-posting this request on the Snooker forum here at AzBilliards and at TheSnookerForum.com. Thanks for your help.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=2363584#post2363584
http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/showthread.php?p=484162#post484162

Shooterville.com has a long list of rooms and a lot of good info, but it doesn't appear to identify which rooms have snooker tables:
http://www.shooterville.com/rooms.asp?ord=name

Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Pacific Billiards
609 1st Ave. N.
Saskatoon, SK
CANADA S7K 1X7
(306) 665-0009
2 x 12’ snooker tables, very good condition
Last time seen : a few days ago, they are still there.

Snooker Shack
A 3421 8th St. E.
Saskatoon, SK
CANADA S7H 0W5
(306) 374-2100
www.snookershack.ca
2 x 12’ snooker tables, very good condition
Last time seen : a few days ago, they are still there.

Dave

Cuetips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strokers Billiards
360 Springbank Dr
London, Ontario
519 641-6067

6 X 12' Dufferin Presidential Tables, all in great condition, played on daily, snooker leagues, snooker ladders, 2 weekly tournamnets

Lan

Registered
Nick's Pool Room & Restaurant
2176 7th Ave.
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4R 1C4
(306) 522-2666
2 12' Dufferin tables
4 12' Brunswick tables

Lan

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Tables your looking fore

We got a snooker table at Finnagans Bistro Bar and Billiards,Here in Edmonton.There is a couple of snooker tables at the Highrun Club here in Edmonton,also.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. I'm rewriting the software I use to maintain the listings, but once I've made the changes I'll start posting Canadian listings online.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
We got a snooker table at Finnagans Bistro Bar and Billiards,Here in Edmonton.There is a couple of snooker tables at the Highrun Club here in Edmonton,also.

I think he needed more details for his directory, so to that end.....

Finnagan's Bar Bistro & Billiards
13560 - Fort Road,
Edmonton, AB T5A 1C5
Phone: (780) 415-4488 Fax: (780) 478-8531
email: info@finnagans.com

The Highrun Club
4926 - 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ph: (780) 440-2233
info@highrunclub.com

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can think of a few, off the top of my head:

Annex Billards Club
507 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1Y2
-8 snooker tables, unsure of make
(416) 972-6588

New Times Square Billiards
356 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5B 1S5
-2 Dufferin snooker tables
(416) 979-7537

Chalks Billiards
15110 Bannister Road SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1Z5
-2 Dufferin Tournament snooker tables
(403) 873-0993

Mike's Family Billiards
2020 32 Avenue Ne
Calgary, AB T2E 6T4
-4-6 (?) snooker tables
(403) 274-0726

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snooker

This year I'd like to expand FindSnooker.com to include a list of snooker tables in Canada, and I could use your help.

First I'd like to create a list of all the tables known and rumored to exist. If you know of a snooker table at a local pool hall, club, rec center, hotel, senior center, or other venue, please post a reply, send me a PM, or send me an email via FindSnooker.com.

I'd appreciate whatever info you can provide. It's helpful to have as much of the following information as possible:

Name of site
Type of site: pool hall, private club,...
Mailing address (incl. province and postal code)
Phone number
Website
Number and size of snooker tables (e.g. 12', 10', 9', ...)
Other notes on condition of equipment: cloth, rails, etc.
Last date table(s) seen or pool hall contacted

Typically I won't keep track of the hours of operation or the cost for table time. I'll include listings for tables in homes, but the listing would be limited to a forum username and/or email address and the city (or closest metropolitan area).

I'll be cross-posting this request on the Snooker forum here at AzBilliards and at TheSnookerForum.com. Thanks for your help.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=2363584#post2363584
http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/showthread.php?p=484162#post484162

Shooterville.com has a long list of rooms and a lot of good info, but it doesn't appear to identify which rooms have snooker tables:
http://www.shooterville.com/rooms.asp?ord=name

There is one snooker table at Finnagans Bistro Bar and Billiards and two at the Mcnellys Highrun Club here in Edmonton.I dont play snooker by the way but i know they are there.

robertsamual

Registered
Hi Rethunk,

I don't know if what I am replying is useful for you or not but I think you can give it a try. Above listing is good but not sufficient. Why don't you look for an existing directory ( not necessarily pool directory because you can find this stuff in general directory also). It will save your time and will give you lots of data.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Hi Rethunk,

I don't know if what I am replying is useful for you or not but I think you can give it a try. Above listing is good but not sufficient. Why don't you look for an existing directory ( not necessarily pool directory because you can find this stuff in general directory also). It will save your time and will give you lots of data.

Although I have a list of directories of pool rooms, those directories are rarely kept up-to-date, they aren't comprehensive, and few provide specifics about the number and types of tables. When I first started FindSnooker.com early in 2009, I spent several months googling, sending out emails, posting on AzB and on other websites, talking to (a.k.a. badgering) fellow pool players about places they've played across the country, following up hunches and rumors, and making hundreds of phone calls.

In many cases I've only found out about a snooker table because someone mentioned it on AzB.

My plan over time is to have a directory for Canada at www.FindSnooker.com that is as complete as the list for the U.S. There are partial lists of snooker tables in Canada here and there, but to my knowledge there is no complete list.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
I've finally started making changes to my site-generating software so that I can include listings on FindSnooker.com for snooker tables in Canada. Those should be up within the next few weeks.

This has been a long time coming. Thanks for being patient.

This is where you'll find the main page for Canada:
http://www.findsnooker.com/canada.html

Last edited:

S.Tat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Club V I P
301 Ellesmere Road
Scarborough, ON M1R 4E4
(416) 391-1313
2 or 3 (Dufferin possibly?) tables, can't remember.

Shooters
1448 Lawrence Ave E
North York, ON, M4A2V6
(416) 750-7787
North York, ON, M4A2V6
2-4 tables?

Also the place in Oshawa previously named LeSkratch has a few tables also if I remember correctly.

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
Bourbon Street Billiards
241 Vaughan Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1T6
(204) 957-1293

Open 10am till 4/5 am depending on the4 day
4 snooker tables

(also an assorted number of 3.5x7, and 4.5x9)

Last edited: