ITs George,Mike Roberts is a swell guy

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean if you want to be a character witness , why don't you get in touch with Mike and ask him to send the man his case back??
He said Mike knows where the case is as he had it in his bands the last time they talked , looks to me that would help the man's name better than starring another thread saying how he is a stand up guy . Actions always speak louder than words , the man wants his case back . Is that such a crime to want something back that belongs to you??

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
Somehow I am being villainized here..

Everyone is saying how much of a stand up guy Mike is..
That's great!

All I did was send my case to the case maker to have a simple rivet fixed and I somehow lost my case now.

If I had known Mike was sick, I would not have sent it.
If I had known the business was for sale, I would not have sent it.
If I had known I would not get it back, I would not have sent it.

I spoke with Mike well before I sent my case and he assured me it was a quick fix and he would have it back to me fast. I have the text messages to show that.

If you don't know me, be assured there is no scam here. I make plenty of money and I could buy 5000 cases.. That's not my point. I have had that case for most of my pool career and I want to finish it out with that case.

Besides being worth a decent amount of change, its also very sentimental to me.

I wish people would stop jumping down anyone's throat who has an issue with a transaction. I explained it in detail and I haven't been hounding Mike at all. I call him once a month.. (shouldn't have to...)

I am a stand up guy if you ask anyone. I know just about everyone in the pool world and I have been around pool for most of my life. I know the hucksters and the con artists, and I stay away from them.

I don't think my posts have been in anyway inflammatory or derogatory, so let's move on in a better direction.

Thanks,

Adam Wheeler

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
Update!!

Ok.. I just got off the phone with Mike and he said he has looked all over for my case and can't find it.

Somehow it got misplaced or thrown out or something..

He has offered to make me the same case so I accepted.

I really wasn't after a new case, but I accept the gesture with thanks.

I really like his cases and the sentimental value cannot be replaced, but at least I will have something now.

Thanks to anyone who may have helped me in this matter.

This is my case - http://genesisstudios.com/images/Case.JPG

Adam

Last edited:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow I am being villainized here..

Everyone is saying how much of a stand up guy Mike is..
That's great!

All I did was send my case to the case maker to have a simple rivet fixed and I somehow lost my case now.

If I had known Mike was sick, I would not have sent it.
If I had known the business was for sale, I would not have sent it.
If I had known I would not get it back, I would not have sent it.

I spoke with Mike well before I sent my case and he assured me it was a quick fix and he would have it back to me fast. I have the text messages to show that.

If you don't know me, be assured there is no scam here. I make plenty of money and I could buy 5000 cases.. That's not my point. I have had that case for most of my pool career and I want to finish it out with that case.

Besides being worth a decent amount of change, its also very sentimental to me.

I wish people would stop jumping down anyone's throat who has an issue with a transaction. I explained it in detail and I haven't been hounding Mike at all. I call him once a month.. (shouldn't have to...)

I am a stand up guy if you ask anyone. I know just about everyone in the pool world and I have been around pool for most of my life. I know the hucksters and the con artists, and I stay away from them.

I don't think my posts have been in anyway inflammatory or derogatory, so let's move on in a better direction.

Thanks,

Adam Wheeler

Wybrook you're not the villian here you just wanted some answers and I'm glad it worked out. The real villian is the guy who started this thread.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok.. I just got off the phone with Mike and he said he has looked all over for my case and can't find it.

Somehow it got misplaced or thrown out or something..

He has offered to make me the same case so I accepted.

I really wasn't after a new case, but I accept the gesture with thanks.

I really like his cases and the sentimental value cannot be replaced, but at least I will have something now.

Thanks to anyone who may have helped me in this matter.

This is my case - http://genesisstudios.com/images/Case.JPG

Adam

When you put the case up for sale, I call 1st dibbs.:p:D;)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the villan here

lets all list the number of times I cheated some body

tell it all

you guys make me sick

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I am the villan here

lets all list the number of times I cheated some body

tell it all

you guys make me sick

Why is anyone a villain in this? Nice that you stick up for your friend, doesn't make you a bad guy. The guy losing his case doesn't make him one either. And they worked something out.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry about your old case Adam. I do understand sentimental goods that cannot be valuated by others

Glad you finally got to the bottom of this, actually spoke with Mike, and things are being reconciled.

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Wybrook you're not the villian here you just wanted some answers and I'm glad it worked out. The real villian is the troll who started this thread.

the OP is far from a troll

he's OLD SCHOOl (real OLD school) and will go to the mat (right or wrong) for a friend

i'm proud to call him a friend:smile:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the OP is far from a troll

he's OLD SCHOOl (real OLD school) and will go to the mat (right or wrong) for a friend

i'm proud to call him a friend:smile:

That's cool...I always judge the character of a man by the friends he keeps. ;)

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have nearly the same case. It's the same color even. The only difference is mine doesn't have the small pocket. I've had it for about twenty years and I bought it off of Larry Liscotti when he needed a little extra cash after a bad afternoon at the dog track. He knocked me out of a tournament and I took my 5th place winnings and bought the case from him. I think our cases have a lot of sentimental value to most of us.