Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Felicity Huffman Sentenced To 14 Days In Prison For College Admissions Scandal
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-14-2019, 04:40 AM

I bet LL hasn't slept in weeks. I'm seeing a year in jail for her.

Old
  (#17)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
She screwed up. She admitted it...no excuses. She did the crime, she will serve her time, and pay the fine. Life goes on.
j2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
I agree....but I'd still have no problem seeing her do some weed eating & trash pickup along the side of the highway. The ones denying it that are proven guilty, I'd like to see some stiffer sentences....
Name:  CF5B86A9-E91D-4152-9D5E-ED1E7D1AA181.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  50.3 KB

From the main forum.....I think it belongs here

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#18)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
14 days?

That is not justice.

Why is it not justice?

It is the American way!

Black lady gets 5 years
Rich lady gets 14 days...

Perfect opportunity to send a message to society and make an example!

Or

Come to the realization that the black woman getting 5 years was "cruel and unusual punishment" and violation of the constitution and laws governing the USA.

If

You believe option number two! Then wouldn't the judges abuse of power be the definition of racism???

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#19)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:10 AM

You are referring to Tanya McDowell? The woman charged and convicted of 28 narcotic counts and convicted of selling narcotics in a school zone? The woman who was pimping 2 girls? The woman who had previously been convicted of possession of a pistol and robbing a bank?
The judge took all of her charges and combined them into one sentence rather than having them run in series.

If you want to say Huffman got off fairly lightly because of her status in society, that's an OK argument.
If you say McDowell got screwed because of her race, then I'd say you are off base. Five years for pimping and dealing narcotics in a school zone seems light to me, especially with her bank robbing past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Why is it not justice?

It is the American way!
Black lady gets 5 years
Rich lady gets 14 days...

Perfect opportunity to send a message to society and make an example!

Or

Come to the realization that the black woman getting 5 years was "cruel and unusual punishment" and violation of the constitution and laws governing the USA.

If

You believe option number two! Then wouldn't the judges abuse of power be the definition of racism???

Kd

Old
  (#20)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-15-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
A little light...IMO.
Especially when a homeless woman got 5 yrs for registering her kid into a school in a district where they didn't live.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#21)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
I bet LL hasn't slept in weeks. I'm seeing a year in jail for her.
Yeah she has some federal charges as well from what I've seen.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#22)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You are referring to Tanya McDowell? The woman charged and convicted of 28 narcotic counts and convicted of selling narcotics in a school zone? The woman who was pimping 2 girls? The woman who had previously been convicted of possession of a pistol and robbing a bank?

The judge took all of her charges and combined them into one sentence rather than having them run in series.

If you want to say Huffman got off fairly lightly because of her status in society, that's an OK argument.

If you say McDowell got screwed because of her race, then I'd say you are off base. Five years for pimping and dealing narcotics in a school zone seems light to me, especially with her bank robbing past.
Thanks

Did not know that there was a plea deal and reduced sentence involving dropping drug charges...

Goes to show you that things are not always as they appear....

Kd

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#23)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 07:30 AM

In your defense, the media and twitter has spread a lot of misinformation.

Had she not been dealing drugs and girls, she probably would have been treated unfairly for enrolling her kid in school. Personally, I wouldn't have blamed her. A mom should always try to do the best for her kid. If there's a better school, why not? No kid should get a shitty education or one not of their choice.

Quote:
Thanks

Did not know that there was a plea deal and reduced sentence involving dropping drug charges...

Kd

Old
  (#24)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Alan, as you appropriately point out, McDowell is not the example anyone should want to use in comparison to Huffman's case, but it does appear that McDowell was only charged and convicted of two counts of selling narcotics (while she was charged in the affidavit of 28 counts it appears). She was also not charged or convicted of pimping out 2 girls. Yes, she is likely guilty of all of it, but she was not indeed sentenced to 5 years for it. She was only sentenced for the 2 counts of selling crack and marijuana to an undercover agent, and for improperly registering her son in the wrong school. I suspect the judge took her prior convictions, plus the affidavit into account, but given the gravity of the narcotics charge alone, the sentence seems commensurate with the charges. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the pimping piece is only alleged.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brotherís eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Old
  (#25)
Alan
AzB Silver Member

09-15-2019, 08:38 AM

Thanks. I didn't see the actual sentencing document and was going on some "news" outlet stuff - - I should know better. Not the ideal mom, but not all of them can be like mine.

I live in pretty good neighborhood and I hear the schools are good. In the afternoon, there is a line of cars in front of my house picking up their kids from the bus. It's the only time I see those cars and those people. I highly suspect the kids aren't from the neighborhood, but I completely understand the parents playing a game to get their kids in (what they believe to be) a better school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop stroke View Post
Alan, as you appropriately point out, McDowell is not the example anyone should want to use in comparison to Huffman's case, but it does appear that McDowell was only charged and convicted of two counts of selling narcotics (while she was charged in the affidavit of 28 counts it appears). She was also not charged or convicted of pimping out 2 girls. Yes, she is likely guilty of all of it, but she was not indeed sentenced to 5 years for it. She was only sentenced for the 2 counts of selling crack and marijuana to an undercover agent, and for improperly registering her son in the wrong school. I suspect the judge took her prior convictions, plus the affidavit into account, but given the gravity of the narcotics charge alone, the sentence seems commensurate with the charges. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the pimping piece is only alleged.

Old
  (#26)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:

He is a total dumbass.

Old
  (#27)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:03 AM

Maybe her punishment should be requiring her grandkids to attend Los Angeles public K-12th grade schools.. That's a fate the elites would equate with death.

Think of it, Hollywood elites having to attend schools and sit in PTA meetings with all those children and parents of the proletariat.

The liberal elites talk of nothing but racism because they are the most racist.

Last edited by overlord; 09-15-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Old
  (#28)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Especially when a homeless woman got 5 yrs for registering her kid into a school in a district where they didn't live.
Why not tell us everything else she was convicted of before spewing more lies & propaganda.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#29)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks

Kd

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
He is a total dumbass.
Doesnít seem all that dumbass to me....just had incomplete info...
...and acknowledged it.
Who hasnít been there?

To err is human

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#30)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:

If there's a better school, why not?

If they do not live in that district and pay taxes in that district (or rent, which the landlord pays), then they should not take advantage of the schools they do not support.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: