Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page California Senate passes resolution calling on Christians to embrace LGBT

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
California Senate passes resolution calling on Christians to embrace LGBT
Old
  (#1)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

California Senate passes resolution calling on Christians to embrace LGBT - 09-17-2019, 04:11 PM

from The Right Scoop

The California Senate is calling on Christians, specifically religious workers and leaders, to embrace the LGBT lifestyle:

CBN NEWS – California Senate passed a resolution telling Christian clergy to accept and support LGBTQ ideology, even if doing so violates their Christian beliefs.

Assembly Concurrent Resolution 99 (ACR-99) was introduced by Democratic state Assemblyman Evan Low of San Jose on June 4 as a way to gather support for LGBTQ identity and behaviors.

The resolution also condemns counseling for unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion, known as conversion therapy.

The bill says “California law recognizes that performing conversion therapy on young persons is ineffective, unethical, and harmful. Conversion therapy has been rejected as ineffective, unethical, and harmful by leading medical, mental health, and child welfare organizations in the United States.”

The resolution also seeks to reduce the stigma that society, therapists, and religious groups allegedly inflict upon those within the LGBTQ community.

ACR-99 proclaims that stigmatizing has caused “disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBTQ and questioning individuals. The State of California has a compelling interest in protecting the physical and psychological well-being of minors, including LGBTQ youth.”

This just shows you the arrogance of Democrats in California, that they presume to tell Christians what we should believe, even if it conflicts with church teachings. And it absolutely does, in this case.

The last paragraph about suicides left something out. The resolution actually blames Christians, in part, for the high rates of suicide among LGBTers:

The stigma associated with being LGBTQ often created by groups in society, including therapists and religious groups, has caused disproportionately high rates of suicide, attempted suicide, depression, rejection, and isolation amongst LGBTQ and questioning individuals;

That’s right from the text of the resolution. And this, along with their ban of so-called ‘conversion therapy’ and their call for Christians to accept homosexuality borders on the fascistic.

What’s next when Christians don’t accept homosexuality? Are they going to regulate what can and can’t be said in our churches? They’ve already tried to regulate what happens in the confessional of the Catholic church.

California is quickly becoming more authoritarian when it comes to Christianity and I don’t know where this ends. Today it’s a resolution. Tomorrow it might be a law that controls speech, all in the name of LGBT suicides.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#2)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2019, 04:12 PM

I have 2 words for them, and it aint happy birthday. ...and it's not f&ck you either, it's TERM LIMITS!!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#3)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Come on...they're just living and let live.

Old
  (#4)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 04:20 PM

Why does faggotry always seem to cause unrest?

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#5)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 04:21 PM

There is no higher power than your government. We will tell you what to believe, and how to act on those beliefs...

Scary part is they stopped trying to be subtle and sneak things by us decades ago...and it continues to get more and more overt...

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Why does faggotry always seem to cause unrest?
It doesn't bother me in the least, aslong as they don't encroach on my lifestyle with theirs. Normal people have rights too....albeit, its dwindling by these idiotic actions.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 04:23 AM

It's getting close to the time.

Old
  (#8)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 04:40 AM

Here's the text of ACR-99.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201920200ACR99

It's short on science (or at least it doesn't cite any) and long on blame towards religious organizations that support "conversion therapy".

It's one step towards outlawing "conversion therapy". I could see a family suing a "conversion therapy" provider if the subject later commits suicide by using this resolution as "proof" that the attempt was a known danger.

Old
  (#9)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
I have 2 words for them, and it aint happy birthday. ...and it's not f&ck you either, it's TERM LIMITS!!
I suspect those that they attempt to control will have 2 words for them as well. They are in your list. Tom will be by soon to roll his eyes and share a quip with us.

Old
  (#10)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 05:14 AM

Another attack by the left on the constitution.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#11)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-18-2019, 05:16 AM

One thing those communists will NEVER pass is a resolution calling on citizens to embrace self-reliance.
Who would vote for them if everyone actually did?

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#12)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 05:21 AM

California Screaming,,,,,,

In such an ugly way.

Walked into a Church, along the way.

Got down on my knees, got down on my knees and began to pray.

California Screaming,,,,

Who the hell would live there anyways?

Even Momma Cass would ask what the heck happened.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: