Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 14.1 high runs... be honest
Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Thats world class shooting.
Who are you?
World class if I could do it all the time.

Of the 3 i think the straight pool run was the best. It took a lot of focus and execution.

The 9 ball run, I was playing that game constantly. I'd run 4 and then I ran 5. When I ran 7 I was shooting the best I had in my life and was practicing the break. If you can intentionally make a ball and get on the 1, the odds of running out go up exponentially. Some layouts are supposed to be run-out. I wish I had that run taped or even remember much of it. I just don't remember much when I play. I do know it was for $10 abd I was spotting the 7 out!

The 8 ball run of 12 on s barbox is just one of those things. It's an easy Gabe and table. If you watch pros on barboxes they run-out like 80 percent on an open table.

I own a pool hall in Syracuse and that has dropped my game significantly. I still play real good and love the game.

Old
  (#62)
Mick
AzB Silver Member
Mick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
To serious 14.1 players, it is obvious that something "may" be amiss when another "serious" 14.1 player says he/she cant remember their high run.
This is funny. I claimed my high run as "Mid fifties" precisely because I have no idea what it was. Happened when I was first getting into straight pool, and I had just assumed I'd be running 50+ every couple of sessions. Didn't seem noteworthy at the time.

I was wrong.

Old
  (#63)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Dave Matlock posts here? Cool!
Don't know who you are referring yo. I'm no champion Within 2 hours drive there's 2 or 3 better than me. It is the person who pushes theirself who can do the most on a given day. So it would not surprise me if better player's personal bests don't exceed mine. I have a table home and was playing 25 hours a week for a couple years...half of that was working on my weaknesses, until they were strengths.

Old
  (#64)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I ran a 98 in April. I was glad to see that I could still run my age, even if only barely.
The real trick would be to live as long as my high run # (87, while playing for $100 on a GC at RedShoes in late-90s, just before my elbow gave out). Goal now is to learn faster than skills can deteriorate (>100 balls before I die?).

Old
  (#65)
SBC
AzB Silver Member

10-27-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Very much so. I would like to know as well. wow. Most of us that have either broke 100 or so have only done it once with a few 40's to 60's here and there. But, to break big numbers multiple times is at the very least pro level.

Also, the 12 BnR's of bar box 8 ball is without a doubt top tier status.

Jeff
Ha
The 12 pack I was gambling on a Valley barbox with Simonis. Race to 4 for $50. Guy wins set 1 4 to 2. Next 3 coin tosses he loses break and I ran all 3 sets out. He quit and I was like, " you only lost the coin tosses!".

There's no tough shots and the balls broke wide open. This wasn't some dirty tavern table with a $20 ball set.

Old
  (#66)
SBC
AzB Silver Member

10-27-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Something about the way he stated it, I think we are missing information of a "spin" nature. Ive driven a golf ball over a 1,000 yards.

Down the Freeway.
Believe what you want...I'm not even bragging cause no matter how good you play there's always someone better unless you are Josh Fuller. I have never once thought of my game as pro level...but I met a couple hundred who said they could have.

When I gamble at SBE , DCC or wherever, I know there's a whole 2 or 3 tiers of guys I'm not calling out and that's before you get to what is pro level.

Old
  (#67)
SBC
AzB Silver Member

10-27-2019, 03:36 PM

Also ran 3 racks of bumper pool!

Here's 2 guys who had never played before until they got on our table. After 2 hours SVB could hardly miss!
Attached Images

14.1 high runs... be honest
Old
  (#68)
JazzboxBlues
AzB Silver Member
JazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond reputeJazzboxBlues has a reputation beyond repute

14.1 high runs... be honest - 10-27-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Hell yeah Blues. I wish you no bad rolls. I’ve got the 50 goal as well

Thanks Jeff! Good luck in your pursuit. I’ll be 53 in a few weeks. If I want to see a 100 in the foreseeable future I better get real serious about straight pool. 50 seems like an achievable number and at the same time a real accomplishment. Time to get back into the straight pool league.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited by JazzboxBlues; 10-27-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Old
  (#69)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-27-2019, 04:42 PM

I have a lot of trouble runnng all 15 balls

in the last year i have run in the 20s a few times

I recently got 5 inch pockets and ran a couple of 23,25 s

this game is very tough on me,the more i play the worse i seem to get

Old
  (#70)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

10-27-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Very much so, pool is an extremely small community.

As for people we know being hard on us if we was dishonest or should I say (most people) miss remember.... lol......heck, I by accident typed 165 as my lifetime high run a while back and within an hour I was called by a friend on here and he asked if I knew I had typed 165 instead of 156 because he knows what my numbers are.

To serious 14.1 players, it is obvious that something "may" be amiss when another "serious" 14.1 player says he/she cant remember their high run. Sure, there are some that have played so much for so many years they may be a tad off but "most" serious 14.1 players will never forget the number, the table, what cue they used, the room, if there was a bet and even who watched (in general).

Some things just stay with you and most serious 14.1 players respect the game and other straight players to much to be dishonest about something that "seems" so trivial but, in reality is very important if you are indeed a serious 14.1 player.

Like most, I try to the best of my knowledge to always tell the truth even if it is not in my favor to do so.

I'm sure most, if not all are the same way.

Jeff
Yup.
Practice
My 101 was at Park Billiards in Neptune N.J.
About 1964
Anniversary table with the old slow cloth
Clay balls
And i used a house cue
Billy G. counted and the owner Uncle Mike was watching.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#71)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Believe what you want...I'm not even bragging cause no matter how good you play there's always someone better unless you are Josh Fuller. I have never once thought of my game as pro level...but I met a couple hundred who said they could have.

When I gamble at SBE , DCC or wherever, I know there's a whole 2 or 3 tiers of guys I'm not calling out and that's before you get to what is pro level.
Interesting. 720 Fargo is pro level. Is 50 points a tier? Lets say for argument sake it is. 3 "tiers" below pro would be 570-620, 2 would be 621-669. 1 would be 670-719. Where would you put yourself (if you would like to correct my parsing of what "tier" means to you that's cool.)

Old
  (#72)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Ha
The 12 pack I was gambling on a Valley barbox with Simonis. Race to 4 for $50. Guy wins set 1 4 to 2. Next 3 coin tosses he loses break and I ran all 3 sets out. He quit and I was like, " you only lost the coin tosses!".

There's no tough shots and the balls broke wide open. This wasn't some dirty tavern table with a $20 ball set.
Good equipment is better but, you still had to do the work.

That's a good number of racks to run but, the fact you were in action makes it very impressive.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#73)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Yup.
Practice
My 101 was at Park Billiards in Neptune N.J.
About 1964
Anniversary table with the old slow cloth
Clay balls
And i used a house cue
Billy G. counted and the owner Uncle Mike was watching.
I would be willing to bet that most people that have ran anywhere near 100 can remember just as you described..... or close.

I know I'll never forget.

Good memories,

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#74)
SBC
AzB Silver Member

10-27-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Interesting. 720 Fargo is pro level. Is 50 points a tier? Lets say for argument sake it is. 3 "tiers" below pro would be 570-620, 2 would be 621-669. 1 would be 670-719. Where would you put yourself (if you would like to correct my parsing of what "tier" means to you that's cool.)
I don't have s rating cause I don't play any big events and everything local isn't recorded. If I was rated, I'd be 650 to 670 based on guys who are that I know. I see guys rated to 700 that I've played and beaten.

I still think there's 3 levels above that to a low level pro. I mean what can say Rodney Morris who doesn't play like he used to give a 670? I'd say 10 games to 7 in 9 ball.

How many hundreds of people in the US play above Fargo 670? There's gotta be just as many who are unrated.

Last edited by SBC; 10-27-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Old
  (#75)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

10-27-2019, 06:12 PM

SBC’s numbers are good. But they don’t make him a pro, as he himself has stated. We used to have these “high run/rack” threads every few years on here. A member would say they ran 200 or 7 racks, and other members would call them liars.

One guy local to me his numbers were something like 8 racks of 9 ball on a GC, and 160 something straight pool on a GC. Yet, another local, that is very well known on a national level named Eddie Abraham, would have been a HUGE betting favorite if they were to match up. Eddie was the top guy in Philly for about 20 years. His Fargo is only about 720 today (I think it would have been about 730 15 years ago...).

Now, to take it a step further, Eddie would play all the out of towners who travelled to Philly every year for the expo. I saw tony Roberto beat him for about 5k playing an 8 ahead 9 ball set. Then another player beat him in bank pool for 3k. Then the Dominican players beat him in last pocket 8 ball for 2 or 3k.

Eddie was our “hero” in Philly. And crews from other states beat the shit out of him. And THEY weren’t even pros!

I’ll give you another example. Eddie and josh brothers would dominate every regional stop in the late 90’s early 2000s when it was called the Tim Scruggs tour. (And later renaned). But during that same period, we would have a Joss stop twice per year. This brought many players from a broader area than the Scruggs stop. Most notably Mike Davis. Mike would crush those stops. Eddie and Josh I don’t believe ever won one of those joss events.

And mike is probably considered a lower level “pro”.

So SBC is absolutely correct. There are several tiers of strong local an regional level players who have all run an 8 or 9 pack or 150+ that would need a lot of weight from even a low level pro.

IMO

Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: