Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Redesigning the 15 billiard balls
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-28-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
What i always found funny about the so-called tv colors is that i couldn't see them any better than standard colors. I grew up with Centennials and can't stand those pastel balls.
Agreed, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can identify which
ball I'm looking at by the color alone.. what's a blue stripe, quick?

Old
  (#32)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-28-2019, 07:16 PM

Redesigning the table? Interesting idea.

I've often thought having a pool table in an arcade setting with pinball style flippers in front of the pockets would be fun. One player shoots while the other controls the flippers. You would want the tips of the flippers when extended to allow a ball to go thru if hit "pretty good". Play would probably get pretty rowdy like air hockey

Last edited by Dead Money; 10-28-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Old
  (#33)
BobTfromIL
AzB Silver Member
BobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond reputeBobTfromIL has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 09:36 AM

At my age and with my existing eye sight I wouldn't mind having the normally dark balls a lighter shade. Might also be due to the lighting in our room, but edges of dark balls at a distance are tough to see. My game is one pocket.

Old
  (#34)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 09:39 AM

If were talking about the table:

1) digital display showing entry speed of ball being pocketed

2) digital display showing clearance on each side of the ball being pocketed

Having the above two values, billiard archery could be created.

3) digital scoring for all types of billiards games, with bluetooth connection

4) adjustable pockets

Last edited by justnum; 10-29-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Old
  (#35)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Ball Fan View Post
Well, a 10 Ball Set would lower the price of a high quality set, and readily accommodate 6, 7, 9, & 10 Ball games; which are very fun, legit pool games.

10 Balls of true pro tournament quality, for less money.
Or it could come with 6 Cue Balls (as they wear the most) or 4 Cue Balls, 2 !0 Balls and 3 1 Balls...

Old
  (#36)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-31-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Ball Fan View Post
Well, a 10 Ball Set would lower the price of a high quality set, and readily accommodate 6, 7, 9, & 10 Ball games; which are very fun, legit pool games.

10 Balls of true pro tournament quality, for less money.
But who would buy a set of balls that you can't play 8 ball, one pocket, straight pool, rotation, and other games with? 15 balls, you can play it all, 10, nope. Even if the price was exactly 2/3rd of the full set, I don't think people would choose it, or if they did they would soon regret it.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#37)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

10-31-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
If were talking about the table:

1) digital display showing entry speed of ball being pocketed

2) digital display showing clearance on each side of the ball being pocketed

Having the above two values, billiard archery could be created.

3) digital scoring for all types of billiards games, with bluetooth connection

4) adjustable pockets
Here you go......
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AENJxqR0g48

Shoot Pool
Not People

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: