Josh Filler says to SVB, "There's a new King!"

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there when the talk started right after Shane D.O., they were trying to get it done in Dec originally.
It wasn't enough time to set it all up that quick they need sponsors and ppv numbers to make it work , it's not a true winner take all gambling match ,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were you there for the match?

Met Black Balled, and Pookie.

Nope I watched it online ,, it's not that special to me I see plenty of Roys boys during the yrs ,, saw DD down at my friend's new pool room Action Lounge and Billiards where he's the house pro , gave him a tip for beating Chang I had him even , great kid love talking with him ,

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, there has been a new king for a year now and his name is Filler. I'm not sure why he bothers stating the obvious.

He deals with pressure situations better than anyone in the game, and that's why he's won 15 of the 16 racks he's played in singles at this Mosconi, including 10 of 11 racks against Van Boening. It's why, in the past year, he won gold at the WPA World 9-ball Championships, gold at the US Open 9-ball, silver at the European 9-ball Championships and bronze at the International 9-ball Championships. He also ran 285 balls in straight pool to win the Derby City high run prize this year.

No-one know what's next for Josh. Maybe he never wins another event or significant match, but it's also possible he'll be in the conversation for the greatest pool player that ever lived one day. The bigger the moment, the bigger he plays, and that's the truest measure of a champion.

I'll be rooting against Filler tomorrow, but I won't allow my nationalism to obscure the fact that I'm watching the best player in the world by far, and a fellow who, at just 22, is already on a trajectory for the BCA Hall of Fame. Don't bet against his future induction.

Yup. He handled that pressure fabulously.

Skyyyyyy Baby!

USA-USA-USA

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is going to be great for the game. I love his cockyness, he's great to watch.

I hope we get to see many long races between SB and Filler for big cash.

litoxoro

Registered
To the ignorants here,

a lot of you have no Knowledge About this game.

Shane is a very very good (and fair) Player thats Right he has won 5 times us open top, but are you seriously think if Filler Plays against Shane or Wood on a 50 or 100 Points match he will loose?

Which of you would bet $10000 for shane? iam sure only a few idiots will do this.

Have you see the 2 Matches shane against filler do you have seen the anxcious in the eyes of shane?.

Wood Play good but he has a 35% winrate against filler.

As a personal filler Maybe sometimes not correct but as Player only Wu could win against him.

ps: Thorpe,Bergman;Styer are B class Players

but congretulations to USA for the Win.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the ignorants here,

Shane is a very very good (and fair) Player thats Right he has won 5 times us open top, but are you seriously think if Filler Plays against Shane or Wood on a 50 or 100 Points match he will loose?

Which of you would bet $10000 for shane? iam sure only a few idiots will do this.

Have you see the 2 Matches shane against filler do you have seen the anxcious in the eyes of shane?.

As a personal filler Maybe sometimes not correct but as Player only Wu could win against him.

Clearly your drunk or your English is that bad . when has Wu played anyone in a long set , Chang is the long set King till proven otherwise Filler got him in a nice little set for basically pennies, after Chang was playing with house money,
Filler has the skill set to beat both in a long set but does he have the long grind abilities to fade thier consistency over 3 or 4 days that remains to be seen , I like his chances but I wouldn't go out on a limb betting to much

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which of you would bet $10000 for shane?
some dude named Corvette might be your huckleberry

did you see Thorpe take down shaw? Did you see tyler win the Kremlin Cup against a strong field? Did you see bergman lay waste to many top players in his run through the international 9 ball? Come on, dude.

Thanks for your input, but we have way different views on pool.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
To the ignorants here,

First off, are you typing with your toes? Az Billiards needs a built in translator for this post.

Secondly, I’m one of those idiots that will put up $10k on Shane in a race to 100 10-Ball.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, are you typing with your toes? Az Billiards needs a built in translator for this post.

Secondly, I’m one of those idiots that will put up $10k on Shane in a race to 100 10-Ball.

I think he is German, so I excuse his English, but I think he is going a bit overboard on his boy Filler.

I think Chang will take a 100-game set against most anybody.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well since your a self proclaimed rich man and I'm a poor f--k my 100 is equally of similar value to me still probably in your favor so I'll lay that to your 10k pocket change making it the same level of sweat lol you crack me up