Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Josh Filler says to SVB, "There's a new King!"
Page 11 of 13 « First 91011 1213

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#151)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-29-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhanna View Post
Why race to 100 or 120 ?

Those long races often end up being boring at the end like SVB VS Orcollo

I would rather see them play races to 25 or 30 best 4 out 7 sets or something like that

Much better format to stream & for side action on every set.
Exactly.

100 is such an arbitrary number that people with a limited understanding of variance pulled out of the air in an effort to come up with a format that "evens out the rolls"

Old
  (#152)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

Question 11-29-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Kinda o n the same page...
...how about race to 15....best of 5 sets.
You can make a flat bet....and bet on every individual match.

Has anybody ever watched the whole match in a race to 100?
Many times

Old
  (#153)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

11-29-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
More than once, would do it again.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#154)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Many times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
More than once, would do it again.
Well, good for you guys

Iíve bet on four of them....and never watched more than 25%.

A guy asked me to play a race to 15 once....full rack snooker on a 6x12...
..told him....like to gamble...but wasnít looking for a career....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Filler
Old
  (#155)
AkGuy
AzB Silver Member
AkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Question Filler - 11-29-2019, 04:08 PM

Maybe Filler is the new King. He sure didn't look very noble when Skylar handed him his defeat and brought the Cup Trophy home for Team USA.

I don't think any knowledgeable pool junkie thinks two five game matches gives one the right to the "King's Crown".

I can see where he gets his swollen head from though. China Open, World 9 Ball and US Open in a three year period would do that to any one. As Shane said, Filler has been an unstoppable force for awhile.

Time is the test and we will see where he is in a few years. Right now he is hungry and has the competitive drive and edge and talent.

Maintaining that year after year, tournament after tournament, match after match, game after game and shot after shot will show if he is the King. Him and Shane are headed towards a match up, I look forward to seeing it.

Old
  (#156)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Well, good for you guys

Iíve bet on four of them....and never watched more than 25%.

A guy asked me to play a race to 15 once....full rack snooker on a 6x12...
..told him....like to gamble...but wasnít looking for a career....
And guess what, you can continue watching 25% of them.

Watch what you want and turn it off, just like the rest of the world.

You put up the $$$ and you can have them race to 1 if you want.

Old
  (#157)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

11-29-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkGuy View Post
Maybe Filler is the new King. He sure didn't look very noble when Skylar handed him his defeat and brought the Cup Trophy home for Team USA.

I don't think any knowledgeable pool junkie thinks two five game matches gives one the right to the "King's Crown".

I can see where he gets his swollen head from though. China Open, World 9 Ball and US Open in a three year period would do that to any one. As Shane said, Filler has been an unstoppable force for awhile.

Time is the test and we will see where he is in a few years. Right now he is hungry and has the competitive drive and edge and talent.

Maintaining that year after year, tournament after tournament, match after match, game after game and shot after shot will show if he is the King. Him and Shane are headed towards a match up, I look forward to seeing it.
He's the world #1 right now, plain and simple, and that makes him King.

Tomorrow, next week, next year, has nothing to do with today.

If you're talking about longevity, that's an entirely different thing, and only time will give us the answer.

Good post.

Old
  (#158)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

11-29-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Another thing

Filler 5 - 0 vs Thorpe
Filler 5 - 1 vs Shane
Filler 5 - 0 bs Shane
Filler 3 - 5 vs Sky

Filler 18 - 6 vs America seems pretty Kingly to me.

One loss and all of a sudden he's a chump lol

filler may be...
Old
  (#159)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

filler may be... - 11-29-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Filler may be an unstoppable object, but Shane is an immovable force...

Let's see what happens when they collide in a decent sized race...

Jaden

2 race to 5 wins and he's a king???
Old
  (#160)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

2 race to 5 wins and he's a king??? - 11-29-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Another thing

Filler 5 - 0 vs Thorpe
Filler 5 - 1 vs Shane
Filler 5 - 0 bs Shane
Filler 3 - 5 vs Sky

LOL, no, but 2 race to 5 wins doesn't make him the king either...lol

Jaden

Old
  (#161)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

11-29-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post

Jaden
No, its everything else he wins, including gambling.

Old
  (#162)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post

Jaden
What about 3 races to 5?

Old
  (#163)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 07:13 PM

Say what you want, but IMHO Joshua Filler is the best player I saw out there this week. He just does almost everything a little bit better and with less effort than anyone else. Skyler hung in there and was strong enough mentally to take full advantage when Josh made a couple of errors. Believe me, all pool players know who the better player is! Usually they act accordingly, but not this time. It doesn't matter that Filler might get the best of Skyler in the long run. What matters is he didn't do it yesterday when all the marbles were on the line! Just my two cents as always.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#164)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Say what you want, but IMHO Joshua Filler is the best player I saw out there this week. He just does almost everything a little bit better and with less effort than anyone else. Skyler hung in there and was strong enough mentally to take full advantage when Josh made a couple of errors. Believe me, all pool players know who the better player is! Usually they act accordingly, but not this time. It doesn't matter that Filler might get the best of Skyler in the long run. What matters is he didn't do it yesterday when all the marbles were on the line! Just my two cents as always.
I agree he just simply does so many things better than others consistently and does it quickly,, I'm not so sure they all see him as him being better , but he is , I'm more than sure the window is wide open for Sky for a long set for big cash I'm even more sure your not taking him if that were to happen,,,
But it's Sky's day and on any given day in a short race no one bar none has to like it , I can remember him at the Xbo beating a top player here and dusting him , I was baffled on how easy it was for him mind boggling he was still playing APA
I walked over to a friend and said I just saw a future world class player , as I did Thorpe , called for both to be on the team when Wilson took over a lot of people here didn't agree , I'm happy for these young men and it's been a pleasure to see them grow into the players they have become

Last edited by one stroke; 11-29-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Old
  (#165)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 11-29-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Kinda o n the same page...
...how about race to 15....best of 5 sets.
You can make a flat bet....and bet on every individual match.

Never. Usually bits and pieces. If it is close, will watch most of last day.
One thing's for sure, I do more work during these long races than during major tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Exactly.

100 is such an arbitrary number that people with a limited understanding of variance pulled out of the air in an effort to come up with a format that "evens out the rolls"
Correct. If the number is 200 or 1000 , it could be different winner so why isnít it race to 200 or 1000? Also at best it proves who is better player or had better hair day on those days. If they play another day, it could be different winner.
Many sports cos donít play long races. No need to cos they look at head to head record, titles, rankings to evaluate who is better player cos that is performance over period of time not just performance over a few days.

Quote:
Another thing

Filler 5 - 0 vs Thorpe
Filler 5 - 1 vs Shane
Filler 5 - 0 bs Shane
Filler 3 - 5 vs Sky

True

Page 11 of 13 « First 91011 1213

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: