Places to play near Stratford ct

onepktplyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll be going to Stratford next week for a few days. Any weekly tourneys or good places to play around Stratford or Bridgeport area?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I moved from there 2 years ago- not much left in that area- go to US1 Billiards in West haven Ct - about 20 minutes northeast on I95- opens at 3PM- the owner is Korean- Jason Shaws Father in Law. Also maybe Yale billiards - hamden Ct about 25 minutes away off of the Merritt Parkway. I don't know much else within a half hour of Bridgeport. There is a senior center in Stratford CT off of main street with 4 9 foot tables if you do not want to travel. Bridgeport had a small billiard place downtown- but don't bother. maybe someone else knows something I don't. Too bad- in the mid 90s I could have sent you to 15 places within a half hour.

minnesota_slim

Registered
I agree your best options are US1 billiards and Yale Billiards. Both of those rooms are about as real as one will encounter in CT. As mentioned, US1 will offer a chance to find Jayson there from time to time, but there is a signifcant drop-off after him (obviously). There a couple fo decent players who frequent Yale billiards if you are looking for something between "world dominator" and league player.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue and Brew might be worth the effort to investigate. It's in Branford and occasionally has weekend tourneys.