Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 2019 World 14.1 Tournament
Page 7 of 11 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
The final 16 chart shows one bye.
Ah, so possibly just the top 3 from each of the 5 groups, seeded into the final bracket based on their results from the round-robin portion. That would mean no double-elimination portion this year.

Old
  (#92)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
That would mean no double-elimination portion this year.
Thank god for small miracles.

Old
  (#93)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You're misrepresenting what I said. I did note the poor turnout and how few entrants really belong in something touted as a "world" event. The next paragraph simply says that, despite the poor turnout, there will still be some good matches to watch. And I named 7 (not 6) players who present "quite a bit of pool talent there." I'd be pleased to watch 14.1 matches among those 7 guys (plus possibly a couple more in that field) no matter what event (and the event's format) they're in.

But I agree with most of what you said.

Yes I agree with you- I would watch those matches as well. did not mean to mis represent- sorry.

Old
  (#94)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 11:25 PM

Single-elimination bracket (15 players) for last 3 days: https://8cfae304-5d15-403a-ae5e-e106...281073eb44.pdf

Old
  (#95)
billlaur
AzB Silver Member
billlaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond reputebilllaur has a reputation beyond repute

12-05-2019, 05:47 AM

Do you think payouts will be the same with a low turnout like this???

Old
  (#96)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

12-05-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post

I think we all want to see how that 16 year old kid who entered will be doing in this event aswell.
He finished 0-5 and got up to 39.

Old
  (#97)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

12-05-2019, 10:43 AM

I just watched the first streamed match of the day:

• • Madenjian played an opening safety. It was pretty good but one ball was out on the left side of the rack.
    • SVB started with that long, tough cut, ran 45, then missed an easy shot.
    • Madenjian ran 13 and missed.
    • SVB ran 155 and out, for a 200-13 win in 2 innings.

Superb play by Shane, making just about everything look easy. He did get stuck on the pile once and had to shoot a cross-side bank to keep going.

Now, reluctantly, I have some criticism about the stream. The screen is just way over-crowded with distracting information. A large section across the top of the screen has colored logos of all the sponsors, a big logo of the event, and constantly scrolling information about the event and the streamer. A large section across the bottom has the streamer's logo, a logo for the pool room, and a large section with statistics (congrats, Pascal, for getting your software in this event as well as the Am. 14.1). Then as background for the bottom section are a bunch of yellow/orange disks or balls or bubbles or something round constantly floating up. TOO MUCH !!!

And a second point. The match was "advertised" as starting at 11 am. It started about 7 minutes early. I think a match with a specified starting time should start no earlier than that time. Otherwise viewers who plan their day around those times can miss parts of matches.

Old
  (#98)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

12-05-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Do you think payouts will be the same with a low turnout like this???
Payouts will certainly be lower than if they had filled the field with the intended 48 players. But we don't know how successful they were in raising money or what the added money will be.

Prize money for this event last year (30 players, same as this year) is not shown in the AzB database. But an attendee reported that the prizes were $5,500 for 1st, $4,000 for 2nd, $2,400 for 3rd/4th, $1,600 for 5th/8th, $850 for 9th/12th, and $600 for 13th/16th. Whether they will be the same this year, I do not know.

Old
  (#99)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

12-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I just watched the first streamed match of the day:

• Madenjian played an opening safety. It was pretty good but one ball was out on the left side of the rack.
    SVB started with that long, tough cut, ran 45, then missed an easy shot.
    Madenjian ran 13 and missed.
    SVB ran 155 and out, for a 200-13 win in 2 innings.

Superb play by Shane, making just about everything look easy. He did get stuck on the pile once and had to shoot a cross-side bank to keep going.

Now, reluctantly, I have some criticism about the stream. The screen is just way over-crowded with distracting information. A large section across the top of the screen has colored logos of all the sponsors, a big logo of the event, and constantly scrolling information about the event and the streamer. A large section across the bottom has the streamer's logo, a logo for the pool room, and a large section with statistics (congrats, Pascal, for getting your software in this event as well as the Am. 14.1). Then as background for the bottom section are a bunch of yellow/orange disks or balls or bubbles or something round constantly floating up. TOO MUCH !!!

And a second point. The match was "advertised" as starting at 11 am. It started about 7 minutes early. I think a match with a specified starting time should start no earlier than that time. Otherwise viewers who plan their day around those times can miss parts of matches.
The screen was way too crowded & busy in the Am 14.1 event. So much stuff that has no need to be on during the middle of a match.

Just stopped by there at lunch real quick. Pretty dinky setup. Archer & Storm were warming up on two tables and then Kennedy was playing a match on one. That was it for the playing area.

Old
  (#100)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

Wink 12-05-2019, 01:22 PM

155 and out by SVB is an impressive competitive run by anyone's standards. I can't imagine there is much of a live audience there- anyone know? I personally would not make the trip 5 hours from south florida to see this. I'll use the time to practice and maybe get into the real 14.1 tournament next year -

Old
  (#101)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

12-05-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
155 and out by SVB is an impressive competitive run by anyone's standards. I can't imagine there is much of a live audience there- anyone know? I personally would not make the trip 5 hours from south florida to see this. I'll use the time to practice and maybe get into the real 14.1 tournament next year -
There wasn't today at lunch. Very little seating even available but will probably be enough for the audience this will bring in. If you don't buy the VIP ticket for $5 more you will be standing the whole time in order to see

I would like my money back
Old
  (#102)
tmickle
AzB Bronze Member
tmickle is on a distinguished road

I would like my money back - 12-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Does anyone know how to get your money back if you have paid for the stream?

I just paid for the stream for the next 3 days. The view from the end table is too shallow and it is hard to see all the angles. Then they switch to a far away side view where you really can't see anything at all except the player hitting shooting some shot but without really seeing what he's doing. Too bad AtLarge didn't remark on these aspects or I wouldn't have paid to watch.

I can't see how to get my money back. Can anyone help?

Old
  (#103)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

12-05-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmickle View Post
Does anyone know how to get your money back if you have paid for the stream?

I just paid for the stream for the next 3 days. The view from the end table is too shallow and it is hard to see all the angles. Then they switch to a far away side view where you really can't see anything at all except the player hitting shooting some shot but without really seeing what he's doing. Too bad AtLarge didn't remark on these aspects or I wouldn't have paid to watch.

I can't see how to get my money back. Can anyone help?
Too late. Charlie and crew are going to be spending it down the street at the Dollhouse.

Oh, well...
Old
  (#104)
tmickle
AzB Bronze Member

Oh, well... - 12-05-2019, 07:38 PM

I've been watching the Schmidt-Grossman match since I still don't know how to get my money back. The end view is not all that bad - not good but not horrible. The side view is horrible.
Any way John is playing really bad. Score is 85 - 86, David is shooting but he is not playing all that well either. I've never seen John play this bad. Hey John, what the hell is going on pal, have you forgotten who you are?

John remembered..
Old
  (#105)
tmickle
AzB Bronze Member

John remembered.. - 12-05-2019, 08:20 PM

I guess John remembered who he was. He just ran 90+. He got tied up when trying to break up two balls. It was actually hard to believe considering how hard he hit the shot. then David ran a few. Then John finished running out. Way to go John!

Oh by the way, when he was playing badly, he did something I haven't seen any other pro player do playing 14-1 - he knocked the cue ball off the table when playing an ordinary side of the rack break shot. Crazy.

Page 7 of 11 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: