Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kamui chalks doing recall
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#46)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-04-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Only 100+ times the cost of perfectly good Masters chalk.

Whatís not to like?

pj
chgo
A piece of this chalk lasts me almost a year and a half and thatís playing every day and itís better then masters.. I can a ford $1 and change a month to use chalk. Sorry if you canít.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#47)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
A piece of this chalk lasts me almost a year and a half and thatís playing every day and itís better then masters.. I can a ford $1 and change a month to use chalk. Sorry if you canít.
I get Masters chalk for 25 cents a cube. It works fine, a cube lasts several months, and I don't worry about miscuing before I remember to chalk again.

Sorry if that math is over your head.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#48)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Nole View Post
All chalk makes some mess. But nothing like this overpriced crap. Master is easy to clean up but this crap is a pain in the ass. But if its what you like then its what you like, so go for it. I fish all Stella reels. Stradic's would work just fine, but I like the overpriced Stella's better. So I get what you're saying.
Show off LOL... I cringe when I buy a Ci4

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

Old
  (#49)
BankT8Ball
AzB Silver Member
BankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond reputeBankT8Ball has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 01:03 PM

Kamui vs Master chalk
I look at it this way.
I've seen in the past from someone leaving
a Kamui chalk behind.
Now it just cost that person double the cost of the chalk.
For that price you could buy 2 gross boxes (1 gross 144 pieces) of
Master chalk and can give some away.....

"Winners are losers who got up and gave it just one more try."

Old
  (#50)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cree View Post
Show off LOL... I cringe when I buy a Ci4
I used one to fish for Yellowfin in Venice a few years back and got hooked. Smoothest drag on the planet. I just hope the wife never finds out what they cost.

Old
  (#51)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 09:06 PM

frozen chalk is the stone cold nuts.

Old
  (#52)
ColoDC
AzB Bronze Member
ColoDC is on a distinguished road

12-04-2019, 09:07 PM

I have played for over 39 years.I am not a fan of layered tips. If you use them you must use a sticker chalk because of the hard glue between the leather layers. Most of the newer chalks have a makeup like oil in them that makes it sticks to everything. If you pay more for layered tip then you need the more expense chalk or run the risk of miss cue. Remember most older pro's did not have all this fancy stuff. Most played of the wall.

Old
  (#53)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-05-2019, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoDC View Post
I am not a fan of layered tips. If you use them you must use a sticker chalk because of the hard glue between the leather layers.
Not in my experience. Iíve used only layered tips with plain old Masters chalk for 20+ years and never had a single problem or even noticed the glue.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#54)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

12-05-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post
I have gray Simonis, does it come in gray?

I might try it some time. If it was available over the counter for $4, sure. I'm sure it does all that you say. But to pay shipping on top of that I'll probably pass.

Besides, there's something wonderfully simple about chalking for ever shot. It becomes part of the ritual, even the rhythm. With Magic, how do you know when to chalk? Do you count strokes? I lose track of strokes in golf!

If I were you, I'd revolutionize the pool hall industry by convincing them to do away with free chalk. Remember water fountains? Now we pay $3, $, even $6 for a bottle of water, depending on venue.

How about this: a vending machine that takes debit cards, EBT, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc., and dispenses one cube of your choice of Master, Silver Cup, Magic, or Kamui. Put them in pool halls all over the world, as an extra source of revenue for operators, and a distribution channel for you! (Bear in mind, vending machines are the province of the mafia in many cities.)
I'd say that 90% or more of Magic Chalk users chalk up on every shot. I'm one of the few who just chalks before the game starts. I know I can shoot 40-50 shots without chalking again, and the day I have to take 40 shots in a game of 8ball is the day I'm turning in my cue So, no, I don't have to count strokes. When the game is over and I chalk before the next game. Now, I have played league night and shot the entire night only chalking once. yeah, I was nervous on game 6, which was my final game, but no problems. Won't do that again, but I wanted to try it at least once.

Magic Chalk is not "pasty" like Kamui. It's more like regular chalk, but finer and thus smoother and makes less mess and sticks to the tip better. Thus, you don't have to "drill" when you chalk. Chalk every time, just a swipe or two and you're good. It does not "cake" up so you can chalk as much as you want, even if you are a "driller".

Actually, I prefer folks that chalk after each shot as they tend to buy more chalk

But, yes, shipping charges apply, and why most folks buy a few boxes at a time. And if you order through Seyberts while buying something else, many folks just add the chalk then since it won't cost extra to throw in a box or two of chalk.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: