Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Roys looking for matches for Filler
Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

12-04-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Filler can play some seriously good 10 ball....he was runner up to Chang on the 10 foot table Bigfoot 10 ball at DCC. He was also runner up to little Ko and the world 10 ball this year.
You and I have discussed in other threads that this kid has had success all over the planet in the last two years more than any other pool player’s 2 years in any era.

He is a remarkable player, and world #1... why not play Shane now at 10 ball when he’s finished higher than Shane in the big 2019 10 ball tournaments?
I think if Joshua responded with a sure to the 10 ball but in 5 separate races to 20...that would have added a nice twist to Shane’s offer to make it more palatable to Filler.
Do you think Filler's backers want to take on the undisputed King at his best game? What if Filler wins? How many people will want to play him after that?
If your in it for the cash, and most backers are.....why play the best and throw away money you could win from the low hanging fruit?
just sayin.....

Chris

Old
  (#47)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
12-04-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole Eye View Post
I doubt either player is afraid of the other, in either game. They are negotiating, and the point of negotiating is to get the best format for yourself. Plus, I doubt Filler is backing out of ten ball. That's probably his backer, who just got burned in a 10 ball match with SVB. Once burned, twice learned.
Other people's money does spend easier...

Old
  (#48)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarsMan View Post
Filler doesn't want to play Shane 10 ball only 9 ball.
If his action dries up he eventually will expand to get some.

Old
  (#49)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 10:31 AM

For those of us who do not gamble or care much for these type of things, why exactly are neutral rackers looked down upon in gambling matches? If there's that much money at stake, I want to make sure there's no shenanigans going on with the rack.

Old
  (#50)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
For those of us who do not gamble or care much for these type of things, why exactly are neutral rackers looked down upon in gambling matches? If there's that much money at stake, I want to make sure there's no shenanigans going on with the rack.
The way to make sure there are no shenanigans is to rack your own...this is the mindset.

Of course then you don’t know what your opponent may be up to but if you’re playing big money at a pro level you better know all the rack tricks. Either to use them and stay competitive or to know what to look out for if you both decided against shenanigans.

A neutral racket may be just that, and rack very well for both. Or they might secretly lean one way or the other.

Old
  (#51)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

12-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
If I offered $5,000 cash to tilt the rack just enough to cause a foul on the break in 1-pocket I bet I could find someone to do it. Or leave a tiny gap behind the 10.

That's why.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#52)
De420MadHatter
SicBiNature
De420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
that's it! gypsy-soul

internet bravado at its funniest
It's not internet bravado my any stretch of the imagination.
If you run into him in person you'll change your tune .
He's always in action, and will have your feeble brain at its threshold for pain, long before he's done barking lmao.
You'll need a padded room before the nights over 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Old
  (#53)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
that's it! gypsy-soul

internet bravado at its funniest
I like Gypsy-soul posting here...and I think he says what he means, and means what he says.

Sc...Thom can be a high roller....if you don’t have to post....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#54)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
So for now Shane is the King of 10 ball and Filler the King of 9 ball. I guess
No, Shane is the king of RACK YOUR OWN 10 ball, if they go to neutral racker then that may very well change.

Not so sure Filler couldnt win RYO though, if Filler plays that game and wins, where does he go from there? Action is dead for him.

Roy's learned a valuable lesson about RYO backing Dennis against Shane.

Old
  (#55)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson9ball View Post
Do you think Filler's backers want to take on the undisputed King at his best game? What if Filler wins? How many people will want to play him after that?
If your in it for the cash, and most backers are.....why play the best and throw away money you could win from the low hanging fruit?
just sayin.....
We all seem to forget one thing. That at the very top of the food chain, players egos do get involved. When you have worked so hard to perfect your art at this game, one of the things you really want is to be considered the best there is. They may not say this openly, but in their heart of hearts they want to prove they are the best there is in the game of pool. And the only way to do that is to take on the leading contender(s).

This is the attribute that truly makes great champions, just like in boxing, tennis or golf. You have to beat the best to be the best!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#56)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
If I offered $5,000 cash to tilt the rack just enough to cause a foul on the break in 1-pocket I bet I could find someone to do it.

That's why.
If the breaker doesn’t know the rack is tilted, he’s probably going to lose anyway.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Me thinks...
Old
  (#57)
AkGuy
AzB Silver Member
AkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond reputeAkGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Me thinks... - 12-04-2019, 01:25 PM

I think the "new self crowned king" could find lots of match ups if he wants to prove he is king.

He could play Shane, Chang and maybe Shaw or Wu 10 Ball. He could play Dennis or Alex, T Rex or Berg One Pocket, could play Billy Banks. Heck, maybe Chang and Shane and others would play him 8 Ball.

He could really show his kingliness and multi dimensional pool skills and take Sky or a couple of others on in some bar box 8 Ball. Lots of options.

But, if he is on a hot streak in 9 Ball that might be the only area of his kingdom he thinks he is strong enough to defend.

The quickest and maybe best way to show he is king f 9 Ball is to take a couple month trip to the Philippine's and Taiwan and announce a head of time where he will be. He could take on all cash players and make lots of loot playing 9 Ball.

I like 9 and 10 Ball best, but like One Pocket, but no one in my Hick town plays it. Being a King at pool means being good at more then one type of pool over the long haul

Efren was a King in pool, he played great in many games for a long time and got rich doing it.

Old
  (#58)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

12-04-2019, 02:22 PM

A few comments after reading the posts (IMO of course):

-TAR 1 between Corey and Shane brought 10 ball to the masses and abandoned 9 ball as the “Pro” game of choice.

-If you ask the Pros from that moment until today, I’d guesstimate 90% of them would prefer both tournaments and gambling matches they are personally involved in to be 10 ball.

-Shane has had the no 9ball strong preference for over a decade. The only time he slipped was with Donny Mills. Shane beat him, and said he’d never gamble at that game again. Him turning down 9 ball by Filler is to be expected, and Filler/Roy know this.

-If I was Shane, I’d write on Fillers FB: “10 ball is the game of kings. 9 ball is the game of peasants”

-Mars mentioning Shane is fine with a neutral racker as long as players can request and inspect “all balls are frozen” should put to rest all the claims Shane is cheating the rack. Touching the balls very easily ensures they are all frozen.

-This all looks bad on Filler for backing down. Reminds me of Shaw not playing Bergman due to the pockets. But this is worse, because filler is fearless, or rather was

Old
  (#59)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
The way to make sure there are no shenanigans is to rack your own...this is the mindset.

Of course then you don’t know what your opponent may be up to but if you’re playing big money at a pro level you better know all the rack tricks. Either to use them and stay competitive or to know what to look out for if you both decided against shenanigans.

A neutral racket may be just that, and rack very well for both. Or they might secretly lean one way or the other.
Exactly the reasoning for using a template where all the balls are guaranteed to be frozen.

Old
  (#60)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
A few comments after reading the posts (IMO of course):

-TAR 1 between Corey and Shane brought 10 ball to the masses and abandoned 9 ball as the “Pro” game of choice.

-If you ask the Pros from that moment until today, I’d guesstimate 90% of them would prefer both tournaments and gambling matches they are personally involved in to be 10 ball.

-Shane has had the no 9ball strong preference for over a decade. The only time he slipped was with Donny Mills. Shane beat him, and said he’d never gamble at that game again. Him turning down 9 ball by Filler is to be expected, and Filler/Roy know this.

-If I was Shane, I’d write on Fillers FB: “10 ball is the game of kings. 9 ball is the game of peasants”

-Mars mentioning Shane is fine with a neutral racker as long as players can request and inspect “all balls are frozen” should put to rest all the claims Shane is cheating the rack. Touching the balls very easily ensures they are all frozen.

-This all looks bad on Filler for backing down. Reminds me of Shaw not playing Bergman due to the pockets. But this is worse, because filler is fearless, or rather was
Roy doesn't want to play that way.

Has anybody heard Filler say he wont play neutral racker?

Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: