Reload this Page Roys looking for matches for Filler
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Roys looking for matches for Filler
Old
  (#61)
Tommy-D
World's best B player...
Tommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond reputeTommy-D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Roys looking for matches for Filler - 12-04-2019, 03:18 PM

I agree with Mole Eye and anyone else that believes that this is a tactical move of sorts,negotiating if you will.

If I were either of them,I'd be looking for a set of BOTH games,because I just gotta know....

I'd also say to hell with this new-age digital woofing,I'd go looking for the other guy.

Here's what I don't understand. Shane is clearly the best 10 ball breaker. He also breaks the shit out of a 9 ball rack,so I can't see how he can think he somehow has a disadvantage at 9 ball and won't play.

Josh is the current U.S. Open/World 9 Ball Champion,he's SUPPOSED to feel like the best player in the world,period. Why not play,esp when he knows ahead of time he doesn't have a nickel invested? Tommy D.

"I'm going to try to work it out so at the end its a pure guts race.............because if it is..............I'm the only one that can win." Steve Prefontaine

Old
  (#62)
Tin Man
AzB Silver Member

Tin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond reputeTin Man has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:40 PM

I am a big fan of SVB and Filler. They are both legendary. Neither are invincible.

We all love the idea that a superhero will come along that is better than everyone else in the world, and will get down with anyone, in any format, for any amount, and run over the world. SVB is close. Filler is close. But neither are superhuman.

SVB dominated for many years, but he took losses too. Alex beat him when he was inexperienced. Earl beat him on the 10'. And other players beat him in other formats along the way. Chohan in one pocket. JL Change a time or three. I can't remember all the losses he took. But there were a few.

Filler in turn isn't invincible. He will book some losses along the way.

If they played each other either is capable of winning, either is capable of losing. SVB could win the 9 ball. Filler could win the 10 ball. There might be a betting favorite, but no one would be giving up big odds on either side. There have been matches where one side was drawing almost dead, but with two players of this stature they both could win regardless of format.

I think the players understand that. Yes, Filler wants to beat the world, but playing SVB in a format that proves disadvantageous doesn't help his resume or his bankroll any. And SVB isn't looking to get run over in a shooting contest. They understand they are human. Why can't we?

I don't disagree with those who think there is a favorite. My point is only that these are real people and they are both being careful because it would be a serious fight for both of them and neither wants to lose big right now. A game might happen, but it will be calculated, not an impromptu coin flip in the action room at DCC.

Demetrius Jelatis
www.mnpoolbootcamp.com/

Old
  (#63)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 03:47 PM

A match I would love to see happen is Filler vs Wu 9b.

The US open final was too short of a race.

Old
  (#64)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Really need a huge round Robin or king of the hill between

Wu
Filler
Shane
Chang JL
Ko
Ko
Shaw
Raga
Dennis
Kaci
Gorst
Biado

Races to 100 or 120 10 ball, neutral racker, can check rack.

And just because we are talking about the greatest, play it on the Diamond Bigfoot 10'er.

I'm sure all these players could get backed for 10 - 20k each.

Winner take all, or maybe 2nd gets their cash back.

Winner stays king of the hill and must accept all challengers for the same 10 or 20k unless more is agreed upon.

Come on Roy, make it happen.

They could draw #'s for order of play, that way a "King" could be established immediately.

Then do daily, weekly or monthly after that for the rest of the players and their schedule.

Last edited by jasonlaus; 12-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Old
  (#65)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

12-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
I don't disagree with those who think there is a favorite. My point is only that these are real people and they are both being careful because it would be a serious fight for both of them and neither wants to lose big right now. A game might happen, but it will be calculated, not an impromptu coin flip in the action room at DCC.
Great post. Even if each views himself as the favorite in a head-to-head matchup, these superstars are probably looking for an easier game, and that makes sense. A big stakes match between them will likely only happen if they are, for the most part, betting someone else's money.

Old
  (#66)
westcoast
AzB Silver Member
westcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Would Shane be willing to play shorter sets? Say to 25 or 30 or is he dead set on marathon matches?

Old
  (#67)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
9-Ball may be the primary tournament game but it is definitely not the primary money game for the top players. As we both know, Ten Ball is a little more difficult and thus a better test of skill among the very best players. That's about as simple as I can make it.
Very true Jay, very true.

Heck, 9 ball with a template is easy for most any "A" speed player and up. So, the average pro probably thinks 9 ball is too easy not to mention, the ELITE. OMG....9 ball may as well be 6 ball to the elite.

9 ball is = best lager wins

10 ball = best breaker/shot maker/safety player wins.

The longer the race, the more true ^^^^^^^^ is.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#68)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post

Heck, 9 ball with a template is easy for most any "A" speed player and up. So, the average pro probably thinks 9 ball is too easy not to mention, the ELITE. OMG....9 ball may as well be 6 ball to the elite.

Jeff
If your the best breaker the other 2 don't come into play very often as we saw for days of Shane breaking and running lot and DO breaking bad not making a ball or not getting a shot ,,
But anyways the thread is getting lost as just a Shane Filler thing ,, and the post of Roys is off his personal page, not the Roys Basement page which I wish someone would post that it's still at the top of the page I just checked,, he's looking for any game with anyone

Old
  (#69)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Really need a huge round Robin or king of the hill between

Wu
Filler
Shane
Chang JL
Ko
Ko
Shaw
Raga
Dennis
Kaci
Gorst
Biado

Races to 100 or 120 10 ball, neutral racker, can check rack.

And just because we are talking about the greatest, play it on the Diamond Bigfoot 10'er.

I'm sure all these players could get backed for 10 - 20k each.

Winner take all, or maybe 2nd gets their cash back.

Winner stays king of the hill and must accept all challengers for the same 10 or 20k unless more is agreed upon.

Come on Roy, make it happen.

They could draw #'s for order of play, that way a "King" could be established immediately.

Then do daily, weekly or monthly after that for the rest of the players and their schedule.
The closest we have to something like this is the Bigfoot tournament at DCC. That is always an elite field, playing a tough game, on a big table. It's a real test of true pool ability. You've done something if you've won that tournament!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#70)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Jeff
9-ball with a template is best played with the 9-ball on the spot. Not as automatic to make a wing ball.

Old
  (#71)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
9-ball with a template is best played with the 9-ball on the spot. Not as automatic to make a wing ball.
Yes, 9 on the spot is better but, on new cloth and new balls even with 9 on spot, the wing ball is pretty reliable.

If they played all tournaments on two month old cloth and mildly used and non-polished balls....the 9 on spot would be the perfect game. The wing wouldn't EVER go unless it was kicked in.

Then again, with worn cloth and balls and 9 on spot......the 1 ball is very sought after in the side pocket. I still think it would be a better game.

As it is, a player don't have to be all that strong to be a run-out player on any given day in most tournament formats (short and quick).... I reckon that was the idea behind 9 ball in the beginning.....quick and dramatic.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#72)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:40 PM

Random racking for all balls except the 9.
Any made balls spot up immediately.

Either of those 2 could add complexity to the wing ball, or auto position on the 1.

Old
  (#73)
JG-in-KY
AzB Silver Member
JG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond reputeJG-in-KY has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 07:59 PM

Here's my 2 cents:

1) Someone having a better tournament record has nothing to do with a gambling match between the two.

2) Filler losing his match in the Mosconi Cup will have no bearing on his future playing skills.

3) Shane playing ten ball under his conditions (RYO, long race, big money, Winner breaks) is the favorite against anyone. No one can put the packages together like Shane. You just can't fade that many racks.

4) There is no question Filler is a great player. If he thought he could beat Shane at ten ball he would play. He wouldn't be concerned about future action. Once Shane put some packages together I think Filler would fade.

Romans 6:23

Old
  (#74)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Jeff
Then why aren't A players snapping off the pros?

Complete BS statement.

Old
  (#75)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

12-04-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Then why aren't A players snapping off the pros?

Complete BS statement.
It's my opinion. You have yours.

Life's to short to argue with someone that is so uneducated that they have to resort to name calling etc...etc, at the first sign of someone that has a different opinion on "any" subject.

You can waste your time trying to police my opinions but, I'm done with you.

That sir, is one thing you cannot control.

Have a good day sir.

Jeff

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: