Old
  (#91)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
Would you then conclude that since a basketball is made only of edges, that the same is true about billiard balls?
Not sure, what do you thlnk?

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#92)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 02:51 PM

Please refer to the first sentence in the abstract. That is the thesis.

Old
  (#93)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
I understand that, and I respect Stan's passion for the game and for teaching others what he's learned. However, if he really wants to get the "truth" out there, if he really wants people to benefit from his book, then giving away all the info for free is not a good strategy. Sure, you'll buy a copy of the book, along with many of his friends and other CTE users. But the vast majority of pool players out there that really want to learn CTE will take advantage of the free lessons and not invest $75 or more in a 400 page book.
I beg to differ on this one. If the goal is not money, but rather broadcasting the message to the masses, then giving away the information is the way to go. If it absolutely must be in written form and not on youtube (ironic, as the CTE supporters always said you can't learn CTE in a 2D book), then post it as a Dr. Dave or Tor Lowry kind of thing, in writing, downloadable. Why spend $40,000 when the information can be produced for practically free and disseminated on the web? If Stan wants this information to survive through future generations I think having it all out there on the web is a better bet than sitting on some dark shelf collecting dust.

Dan White

Old
  (#94)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
Anytime I see something about, "The Truth", or, "What they're hiding", or, "What they don't want you to know", it registers as a scam to me. Take what you will from that.

Also, just a hint, but your eyes don't need to relearn how to see. You might need to change what you think, or reframe a thought process, but your eyes have one major job and they do it without conscious intervention.

It sounds like there are some very serious flaws in regards to the mental and physical portions of this manual.
The operative definition of a "Sea Story" is a story that begins with the phrase, "Now, this is NO shit."

Whenever I lied to my Mom, I always started with, "Now Mom, this is the truth."

Old
  (#95)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
Not sure, what do you thlnk?
You didn't ask LeBron, did you?

Old
  (#96)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
You didn't ask LeBron, did you?
Lmao. I like you boxcar. Funny stuff.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#97)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

12-06-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Anytime I see something about, "The Truth", or, "What they're hiding", or, "What they don't want you to know", it registers as a scam to me. Take what you will from that.

Also, just a hint, but your eyes don't need to relearn how to see. You might need to change what you think, or reframe a thought process, but your eyes have one major job and they do it without conscious intervention.

It sounds like there are some very serious flaws in regards to the mental and physical portions of this manual.
Maybe the two DVD's weren't the truth.
More than a decade ago, the hooligans argued the system was simple.
Some argued there were only 3 shots in pool. Hey, Efren said it too, they said.
Two DVD's and countless videos later, it still needs a book to be fully explained .

Old
  (#98)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Some argued there were only 3 shots in pool.
1. Make the shot
2. Miss the shot
3. WTF

pj <- pretty much covers it
chgo

Old
  (#99)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2019, 03:38 PM

"It's about getting the Truth out about CTE aiming."

I wonder if this statement is a rather clandestine way of admitting that everything up to "The Book" hasn't been.

Old
  (#100)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

12-06-2019, 03:41 PM

It's called center to edge but one of the shills said you should not use the center of the ball to aim.

Old
  (#101)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I beg to differ on this one. If the goal is not money, but rather broadcasting the message to the masses, then giving away the information is the way to go. If it absolutely must be in written form and not on youtube (ironic, as the CTE supporters always said you can't learn CTE in a 2D book), then post it as a Dr. Dave or Tor Lowry kind of thing, in writing, downloadable. Why spend $40,000 when the information can be produced for practically free and disseminated on the web? If Stan wants this information to survive through future generations I think having it all out there on the web is a better bet than sitting on some dark shelf collecting dust.
I guess so. But with 100+ videos already available, I just don't see the another video series being anything much different than what's already out there. The book, however, is something new, something different, something that is supposed to be "the greatest contribution" ever to the pool world.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#102)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

12-06-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I guess so. But with 100+ videos already available, I just don't see the another video series being anything much different than what's already out there. The book, however, is something new, something different, something that is supposed to be "the greatest contribution" ever to the pool world.

But, but, but what if all that early stuff really wasn't "THE TRUTH?"

Old
  (#103)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Anytime I see something about, "The Truth", or, "What they're hiding", or, "What they don't want you to know", it registers as a scam to me.
CTE is a kind of scam, but not the bad kind. The bad kind would be if Stan knowingly misled his customers for craven profit. I'm sure Stan believes everything he says and his customers get what they want.

The "good scam" is the fanciful explanation(s) for how the system works - it's not a bad scam because it's innocent (he believes it) and it's what his customers want and works best for them.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 12-06-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Old
  (#104)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Lmao. I like you boxcar. Funny stuff.
whats funny is why would somebody go an copy an paste some stupid crap like that in a pool forum. If you really dont know what it means when somebody says the edge of the ball, you sure in the hell shouldnt be posting .
I think cte would be impossible for some ....know edges.

Last edited by 8pack; 12-06-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Old
  (#105)
8pack
They call me 2 county !

12-06-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
CTE is a kind of scam, but not the bad kind. The bad kind would be if Stan knowingly misled his customers for craven profit. I'm sure Stan believes everything he says and his customers get what they want.

The "good scam" is the fanciful explanation(s) for how the system works - it's not a bad scam because it's innocent (he believes it) and it's what his customers want and works best for them.

pj
chgo
I may not believe everything Stan says about his system, but I assure you nothing about this man seems like a scam to me. I think your crossing the line a little here.
Attaching scam to his name in anyway is just wrong.

Page 7 of 10 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: