Reload this Page What about Meucci?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What about Meucci?
Old
  (#1)
DarkPoseidon6
AzB Bronze Member
DarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPoseidon6 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

What about Meucci? - 12-07-2019, 02:23 PM

Well, even though I know this is another topic that has been beaten to death on here, I'd like some insight.

Oh, and just to clarify, I AM new here and not a troll or someone with another ID. I saw that a couple people were "suspicious" on another thread, but no need to feel that way. I used to check out this site years ago looking for event info and read up on equipment but I just got back into the game and felt it was time to join here. So hello to all the posters on here

Speaking of equipment, I realize that there is (and always has been) mixed opinions on Meucci. I inherited one and I think it's at least as old as the late 90s and yes, it is warped, but I got most of it out, thankfully. It actually plays beautifully.

So to make this short, I've been thinking about picking up a new Meucci but wanted to know if anyone on here has experience with the newer ones that have the pro shaft. Are there still quality control issues and problems with warpage even in the newer line of Meucci cues?

Old
  (#2)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPoseidon6 View Post
Well, even though I know this is another topic that has been beaten to death on here, I'd like some insight.

Oh, and just to clarify, I AM new here and not a troll or someone with another ID. I saw that a couple people were "suspicious" on another thread, but no need to feel that way. I used to check out this site years ago looking for event info and read up on equipment but I just got back into the game and felt it was time to join here. So hello to all the posters on here

Speaking of equipment, I realize that there is (and always has been) mixed opinions on Meucci. I inherited one and I think it's at least as old as the late 90s and yes, it is warped, but I got most of it out, thankfully. It actually plays beautifully.

So to make this short, I've been thinking about picking up a new Meucci but wanted to know if anyone on here has experience with the newer ones that have the pro shaft. Are there still quality control issues and problems with warpage even in the newer line of Meucci cues?
Why?

I just don't get it. You can get an awesome used cue that is like new for less money and a hell of better cue.

I just hate to see people pi$$ money away on Meucci cues.

Sorry for rant, but damn.

Ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly, Rick Howard Sneaky Pete and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Old
  (#3)
Banger
AzB Silver Member
Banger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 02:47 PM

This came up about a week ago.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=503288

Bottom line, is that some have had good luck with them and many have not. I have had both.

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" -- Ronald Reagan

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 02:59 PM

Pro shafts do play very good. If you gotta have one get a simple one. Their points are usually ok just stay away from inlays. Buy a Mezz instead. LIGHT yrs better cues.

Last edited by garczar; 12-07-2019 at 03:01 PM.

I've heard it a lot
Old
  (#5)
jackpot
AzB Silver Member
jackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond reputejackpot has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard it a lot - 12-07-2019, 03:08 PM

I've always thought they played great. Years ago a lot of good players used them. I would buy them 6 at a time find one or 2 and sell the others. No, every good player thay played with one did not get paid tons of 💰, get a trunk full of cues free and a canned ham every holiday to use them, that's all bs. It is true that they didn't hold up very well, but they were cheap and played good so if something happen big deal, get another. I didn't then or still don't want an heirloom, how it plays is important, my cash is on the line.
Jack

Old
  (#6)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpot View Post
.I didn't then or still don't want an heirloom, how it plays is important, my cash is on the line.
Jack
Jack -

That is the issue. Assume you pay $500 for a Meucci, when you sell it or it warps you lose.

Get a good used custom for $1000 or less. It will play better, and pretty much keep its value.

If you are really cheap, buy a Southwest. Use it for a few years, get it refinished and sell it for a profit. The last Southwest I sold I bought used for $1200 and sold it later for $4800.

Ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly, Rick Howard Sneaky Pete and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Old
  (#7)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Buy a BMC and a pro shaft and you won't be disappointed. The pro shaft is one of the best of shafts out there besides the carbon fiber shafts. A buddy of mine has over 150 Meucci's and non have issues like I see many complain about.

Old
  (#8)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-07-2019, 04:27 PM

I have a couple Meuccis in my collection, a 95-15 and a black band sneaky Pete. I can't answer your question on the newer ones but mine have had zero issues with inlays popping or warping. They play fine. I will say I have seen some that are train wrecks but I have seen many more that are in top form. The 95-15 IMHO is one of the nicer looking "simple" cues that Meucci built.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#9)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Buy a BMC and a pro shaft and you won't be disappointed. The pro shaft is one of the best of shafts out there besides the carbon fiber shafts. A buddy of mine has over 150 Meucci's and non have issues like I see many complain about.
This is also my experience. Once I was a naysayer because I listened to all the parroted opinions. I STILL have not met anyone who has had their inlays popped out. Any wood shaft can warp if you don't take care of it. Go ahead and buy the Meucci and you won't be sorry. I have owned a Tim Scruggs, a Palmer and a Diveney, all nice custom cues. But when I started shooting low deflection shafts I didn't see the need for the customs and sold most of them. If you want to spend the money the "BMC" Meuccis are the top of the Meucci line.

Good luck.

Player: Meucci Pro Series 5 w/ Carbon Pro shaft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#10)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPoseidon6 View Post

I have a 2 point Meucci that's about 3 years old, and no problems so far.

Old
  (#11)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 04:37 PM

I have been beat by a lot of players using Meucci

Cliff joiner beat me with 4 hit and the pick
he said he liked them because he found it easy to move Judy around easily

I personally can not make a ball with one
Jack potter is right,he played very good with the cues

I still hate them,I found them to warp and the company did not stand behind them
I bought 17 new at one time direct from the company,everyone was warped. They
would not take them back

If I were to buy one it would be the sneaky Pete,plays best cost less

Old
  (#12)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-07-2019, 04:52 PM

You earn a good reputation, or a bad one. Meucci's were so bad for so long, it is difficult for a company to overcome those issues. It's well documented and I've personally expereinced it. Warping, yellowing, brittle plastics, poor customer service, very bad quality control. They earned it.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 12-07-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Old
  (#13)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 05:05 PM

But, but... you have to try different cues -- and some will be good, and some bad -- and every once in awhile, one will be great.

It's part of the process of becoming a pool player.

I've liked a Meucci, a Schon, a Scruggs, and some others. I played some of the greatest 8ball of my life with an el cheapo Viking that was like a $50 tournament giveaway. So experiment because it's kinda like dating. You'll hate some, tolerate others, but if you're lucky, you'll eventually fall in love.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#14)
Mike81
AzB Silver Member
Mike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 05:37 PM

Every time I read these Meucci threads it reminds me of a guy who posted on here two years or more ago. His wife bought him an expensive Meucci as a present and he sent it back to Meucci for some reason, maybe a repair or shaft size change ,, I can’t remember which exactly. He never got his cue back, every excuse you could think of as a reason why. I wonder if he ever got it? I think It was titled Meucci stole my cue. Felt bad for the dude! It was a terrible story. I think he had a 69 Camaro as his avatar. I hope he finally got it

Old
  (#15)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
This is also my experience. Once I was a naysayer because I listened to all the parroted opinions. I STILL have not met anyone who has had their inlays popped out. Any wood shaft can warp if you don't take care of it. Go ahead and buy the Meucci and you won't be sorry. I have owned a Tim Scruggs, a Palmer and a Diveney, all nice custom cues. But when I started shooting low deflection shafts I didn't see the need for the customs and sold most of them. If you want to spend the money the "BMC" Meuccis are the top of the Meucci line.

Good luck.
I think we have a different definition of popping points. Every Meucci Ive owned has points that have popped except for the one I bought that was broken and I had refinished.

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: