Some thoughts
Old
  (#1)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Some thoughts - 05-07-2019, 06:33 AM

This place has really gone downhill. Open most of these threads and it just turns into a couple members arguing about the same thing over and over. Does not matter what the thread was originally about.

I had not been here for months. Just got tired of the arguing. Come back to see if anything is different but it is not.

It would be nice if threads stayed on topic and replies were only directed at the original post. I would like to post some things regarding aiming but it seems pointless.

Old
  (#2)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Please go ahead and post your comments or thoughts regarding aiming. I believe this place could be very helpful, thought provoking, and engaging for those who are interested, as long as you don't mention cte. That's when most aiming threads begin to get swallowed up by the old flame war.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#3)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 08:35 AM

I have tried all of the different aiming systems. I believe they all work, provided you are on the right line and have a straight stroke.

Things go crazy when the above isn't true. I have a straight stroke but have problems getting on the correct line. I am able to get on the correct line easily when shooting straight in or cutting to the left.

Cutting balls to the right is a whole different story. I almost always feel like I am coming across the line and the shot rarely looks correct. I feel like I would be much better off trying to shoot the ball left handed.

I just wonder how people who have eyes struggling for dominance while aligning deal with it playing pool. At least I assume that is what the problem is. I doubt I could be the only one. Maybe players who are struggling with aiming systems are having some of the same problems.

Old
  (#4)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Please go ahead and post your comments or thoughts regarding aiming. I believe this place could be very helpful, thought provoking, and engaging for those who are interested, as long as you don't mention cte. That's when most aiming threads begin to get swallowed up by the old flame war.
Lmao You forgot to say first.

Old
  (#5)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
This place has really gone downhill. Open most of these threads and it just turns into a couple members arguing about the same thing over and over. Does not matter what the thread was originally about.

I had not been here for months. Just got tired of the arguing. Come back to see if anything is different but it is not.

It would be nice if threads stayed on topic and replies were only directed at the original post. I would like to post some things regarding aiming but it seems pointless.
Most of the knowledgeable posters have been chased off by The keyboard warrior group. It is a shame.

Old
  (#6)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I have tried all of the different aiming systems. I believe they all work, provided you are on the right line and have a straight stroke.

Things go crazy when the above isn't true. I have a straight stroke but have problems getting on the correct line. I am able to get on the correct line easily when shooting straight in or cutting to the left.

Cutting balls to the right is a whole different story. I almost always feel like I am coming across the line and the shot rarely looks correct. I feel like I would be much better off trying to shoot the ball left handed.

I just wonder how people who have eyes struggling for dominance while aligning deal with it playing pool. At least I assume that is what the problem is. I doubt I could be the only one. Maybe players who are struggling with aiming systems are having some of the same problems.
You are definitely not the only one. I've seen several posts here about dominant eye problems. If you are in an area where an instructor is available, you could probably get some good advice or a fix in one quick lesson. It might cost you around $50, but could easily be worth the cash.

Out of curiosity, do you sight the aim line while standing, feel good about it, just as good as if you were sighting a shot to the left, but then lose the line when you bend down or step into the shot?

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#7)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

05-07-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:

I'd try starting a little more to the left with my eyes. Get your vision over then come back a little till it looks right. Might help

Old
  (#8)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

05-07-2019, 08:56 AM

Research Genomachino on here. He has good info and can probably help you with a phone call

Old
  (#9)
One Pocket John
AzB Silver Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:

A good friend of mine and a good player once told me "if your not hitting the object ball where you want to then your stance is not as good as it could be."

Two videos, one buy a champion player, the other by a well known instructor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPn3Wzp4NT8&t=9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBFRln32uo&t=2s

These videos are a start. If you believe you are having "vision center" issues please post.

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Old
  (#10)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:

IMHO, that issue is a private lesson, not an aim system fix.

I will instruct you in this for FREE. Send me a PM.

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool

Old
  (#11)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:

The aiming forum has been the WildWest from day one. Post and glean what you want. Ignore the rest. All you can do. There's a lot of good info on here.

Old
  (#12)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

05-08-2019, 01:11 PM

My thought is you pick the stroking line before going down.
Step right on that line ( whatever suits you ) and get your natural stroke on that line.
Fidgeting and altering your stroke are a no-no imo.

Old
  (#13)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 05-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
My thought is you pick the stroking line before going down.
Step right on that line ( whatever suits you ) and get your natural stroke on that line.
Fidgeting and altering your stroke are a no-no imo.
No doubt. Well said.

Old
  (#14)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-08-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
...get your natural stroke on that line.
Man, did you say a mouthful there.

My natural stroke, the one that goes in a repeatable unwavering straight line along my line of sight with minimal muscle involvement, only works when my stance is just right for it. Developing my PSR/stance so that I automatically get down with my line of sight and my natural stroke on the shot line is a central focus and a looong work in progress.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#15)
One Pocket John
AzB Silver Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Man, did you say a mouthful there.

My natural stroke, the one that goes in a repeatable unwavering straight line along my line of sight with minimal muscle involvement, only works when my stance is just right for it. Developing my PSR/stance so that I automatically get down with my line of sight and my natural stroke on the shot line is a central focus and a looong work in progress.

pj
chgo
What Patrick said.

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: