Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Co-Workers that want air conditioning on

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Co-Workers that want air conditioning on
Old
  (#1)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Co-Workers that want air conditioning on - 11-13-2019, 12:07 PM

I share office space with several coworkers.
There is one thermostat.

The thermostat was set to 68 because someone was too hot.
It was 35 degrees Fahrenheit this morning.

I rallied with other coworkers to fight to turn the heat on.

I understand people have different body types, but office temp should depend on the season, not how hot someone gets.

Old
  (#2)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-13-2019, 12:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know what your office thermostat is set on.
A lot of us were wondering, but just too shy to ask you.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#3)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

11-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Thanks for letting us know what your office thermostat is set on.
A lot of us were wondering, but just too shy to ask you.
He's contributing to global warming.

TRUMP 2020

------------------------------
Jason

Old
  (#4)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 03:27 PM

Those fatties are always hot.

Old
  (#5)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 07:52 PM

1500 watt heater under your desk.

Or just burn an old tire.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#6)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

11-13-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
There is one thermostat.

I understand people have different body types, but office temp should depend on the season, not how hot someone gets.
If the person that thinks it's too hot is an attractive female, just demand she remove more clothing. If it is a female whose looks would make you consider celibacy, then say " No problem, I'll just grab a coat and wear my thermal underwear tomorrow."

I hope this clears everything up for you. We all worry about your work life. If it gets to be too much for you, you might want to take a week off, then go back to the office and quit altogether.

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 11-14-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Old
  (#7)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
1500 watt heater under your desk.

Or just burn an old tire.
Where I work we have one control room that has the same issue, and the folks that get too cold, use heaters under the control panels/desks. If it's that cold outside, I don't really see the need to run the A/C that is for sure. They also put a piece of cardboard over the vent to keep it from blowing on them. In reverse, some of the folks that are hot natured, get a small fan and use that to stay cool so they are not freezing their coworkers to death.

Old
  (#8)
fishless
AzB Silver Member
fishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond reputefishless has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8218

11-14-2019, 05:37 AM

I work in a Govt. environment and when I was part of Operations it was amazing the issues that developed with temperature control, we operate with ASHRAE / Treasury Board Standards and 90% of employees never got it. Our electrician was mandated to cut any cords on portable heaters, they're a no no. Dressing according the weather and using common sense was often overlooked or ignored.

A few years back I get home and the AC is running and the wife has the fire place on, that's what I have to deal with :-)

Cheers,

Last edited by fishless; 11-14-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Old
  (#9)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 07:08 AM

A few years ago I saw the neighbors front door standing open on a 90 degree day. I came back by 15 minutes later and it was still open so I pulled in the driveway to see the daughter sunbathing on the front porch with a fan in the doorway. I never turned her in to Dad.

Old
  (#10)
TexasShooter
AzB Silver Member
TexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 09:16 AM

If 68 is comfortable in the summer, why isn’t it comfortable in the winter?

Old
  (#11)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnum View Post
There is one thermostat.

Dressing appropriately is using common sense. Today, common sense is out the window. Whining and who can complain the loudest is the norm.

Old
  (#12)
dbgordie
Thread Killer!!
dbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 04:53 PM

Is that why you are justnum?

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

An old timer at work once told me... "Opinions are like assholes and elbows, everybody has one, some people have two."

AKA Noah Buddy

AZB Member #108686

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: