Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The new Aramith tournament balls
Page 3 of 14 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
jeffj2h
AzB Silver Member

jeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-21-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I'm gonna predict these are a massive sales flop.
OR... right now every non-playing wife is rushing out to buy these for Christmas for their league husbands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Ms. Frazier said on the stream yesterday that this is the set going forward on all matchroom events and players will either have to adapt or be left in the past. Her comments were very final, frank, and forgive me, but somewhat elitist. With all her playing knowledge and all.
I heard that comment too on the stream and took it the same way. I guess that's how the British say "My way, or the highway!"

Old
  (#32)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-21-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis99 View Post
The U.S. men's and women's natonal soccer teams change their jerseys at least yearly, and pro football has camo jerseys and different colored jerseys all to sell more stuff. Styles change yearly in shoes and fashion, with many looking like stuff I would never wear, but high school kids wear it like crazy. Maybe these will appeal to a younger audience, or maybe they just need a new look to try and sell product. I don't see anything wrong with putting the option out there to try and push sales. We don't have to buy them if we already have a decent set.

I personally don't mind the look, although I like my Brunswick Centennials better. Hopefully this helps keep an industry giant making some money.
Changing the uniform and changing the colors of the actual balls that your trying to bear down on .. I think the black will make that difficult but then again they arenít playing 8 ball so the 10 ball will only be the issue.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#33)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Ms. Frazier said on the stream yesterday that this is the set going forward on all matchroom events and players will either have to adapt or be left in the past. Her comments were very final, frank, and forgive me, but somewhat elitist. With all her playing knowledge and all.
It wonít stop me from watching an event..but Iím not rushing out to buy a set for my home either

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#34)
jtaylor996
AzB Silver Member
jtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond reputejtaylor996 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:35 PM

I hate the set, but I really want a black measles in duramith to match my beautiful non-black series tournament set. It would be better if the measles had the aramith logo not in the middle of the pattern, too, but I'm not too pissed about it.

Old
  (#35)
buckshotshoey
AzB Silver Member
buckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond reputebuckshotshoey has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Changing the uniform and changing the colors of the actual balls that your trying to bear down on .. I think the black will make that difficult but then again they arenít playing 8 ball so the 10 ball will only be the issue.
Agreed. Let's make a baseball black. Or a football white. A soccer ball black. I guess all that would be fine as long as my balls are not blue!!!

Playing cue...OB17EMW OB1+ shaft.Everest tip
Playing cue...Predator Icon 1-1 ... 314-2 shaft
Morri hard tip
Playing cue...Viking Millennium (VM25)
Everest tip
Jump/break...Players S-PJB5

"Second place is just another way of saying FIRST PLACE LOSER"

Old
  (#36)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:55 PM

Tyranny!
Ball changin' without representation!
Our English oppressors are at it again.
I say we throw those balls in the Bellagio Harbor.

Old
  (#37)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-21-2019, 04:35 PM

I like the looks of the stripes
kinda pretty,black and finished

Old
  (#38)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 05:53 PM

As Fred Sanford (Redd Fox) would say, ugly as King Kong sucking mustard juice outta hot chili sauce.

All the best,
WW

Old
  (#39)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
As Fred Sanford (Redd Fox) would say, ugly as King Kong sucking mustard juice outta hot chili sauce.

All the best,
WW
Was he talking about Aunt Esther?
I love that show, grew up watching it with my father. Right before Barney Miller.

Old
  (#40)
jeephawk
AzB Gold Member
jeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Was he talking about Aunt Esther?
I love that show, grew up watching it with my father. Right before Barney Miller.
Fred was on Friday night, NBC; Barney Miller was on Thursday night, ABC.

Old
  (#41)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-22-2019, 06:05 AM

BALL COLORS

I know that most know this, but here is how the original colors of pool balls were determined:

1. The first three balls (1,2,3) are PRIMARY colors....yellow, blue and red.
They occur with maximum separation on the color wheel so as to provide maximum contrast.

2. The next three balls are all SECONDARY colors, comprised strictly of combined primary colors.
Four is purple = red + blue
Five is orange = red + yellow
Six is green = blue + yellow
These secondary colors also provide maximum separation and contrast on the color wheel.

3. The next ball (seven) is a TERTIARY color, comprised of a primary and secondary color.
Seven is maroon = red (primary) + purple (secondary).

4. The cue ball (white) and eight ball (black) are the presence of all colors and no colors.

5. The Nine through Fifteen balls repeat the colors of the 1 through 7 except as striped balls.

The colors may have been originally established by leveraging colors of croquet balls.

Whew, sorry!
I was an engineer for 40+ years, and it resurfaces once in a while.
.....And now you know.......
By the way, I am a big fan of the traditional colors.

Will Prout

Last edited by ibuycues; 11-22-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Old
  (#42)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 06:21 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#43)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
BALL COLORS

I know that most know this, but here is how the original colors of pool balls were determined:

They occur with maximum separation on the color wheel so as to provide maximum contrast.

2. The next three balls are all SECONDARY colors, comprised strictly of combined primary colors.
These secondary colors also provide maximum separation and contrast on the color wheel.

3. The next ball (seven) is a TERTIARY color, comprised of a primary and secondary color.

4. The cue ball (white) and eight ball (black) are the presence of all colors and no colors.

5. The Nine through Fifteen balls repeat the colors of the 1 through 7 except as striped balls.

The colors may have been originally established by leveraging colors of croquet balls.

Whew, sorry!

Will Prout
Thank you Will. I'd heard this once before and it made sense to me then and it still makes sense now. I have only one thing to add - If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 11-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Old
  (#44)
jeephawk
AzB Gold Member
jeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
BALL COLORS

Whew, sorry!

Will Prout
Isn't that from Dr. Dave?

It explains what they are, but not "how" they came to be or why.

The last sentence is more to the "how". Some say snooker colors were taken from croquet colors, which may have originally had something to do with primary colors, but may have been taken from some other source for a different reason. Hard to find definitive answers.

Pool ball colors seem to be more derivative of colors of balls from other games, than specifically chosen for the purpose of playing pool for any reason related to primary colors or contrast.

Old
  (#45)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

11-22-2019, 06:51 AM

They aren't my cup of tea, but they're just pool balls folks. It's not the end of the world.

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Page 3 of 14 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: