Chillicothe or Lancaster Ohio

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Hey all...I visiting my wifes family in Chillicothe, Ohio. Just curious if anyone out there knows of any decent rooms in this area. I wouldnt mind playing some cheap one pocket. Anybody have any information for me? Thanks in advance.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Hey all...I visiting my wifes family in Chillicothe, Ohio. Just curious if anyone out there knows of any decent rooms in this area. I wouldnt mind playing some cheap one pocket. Anybody have any information for me? Thanks in advance.

I don't know of anywhere in the Chilicothe area with a 9 footer.... There is a small bar/poolroom in Lancaster with a 9 footer but I have heard it doesn't play too good. There is only one guy I know of in either town that can spell one pocket (in Lancater) and he likes to fire air barrells/he doesn't like to pay his debts. In Columbus there are several people to play 1p.

Players Family Billiards- 4380 East Main Street Columbus, OH 43213 - (614) 239-7665 Good daytime spot for 1p or I'm around a lot in the evenings.

Sportsmens- 3965 Sullivant Avenue, Columbus - (614) 279-5888 Good daytime/early evening spot for 1p.

Either room is about a 40-45 minute drive from Chilicothe.....

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many years I travel thru there and I don't think I could hold my breath long enough to play. If I remember eight dad the stink was caused by a paper mill.

hdgis1

I can testify that Players is a pretty decent place. They have some nice GC's and and Bartrams Diamond sitting there. Most days you'll find the one pocket players in there before 5. I played some $10 a game with a man named Gary and though I lost in the end, his advice and stories were well worth the price of admission! The counter mans name is Steve.

Chris

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
I played some $10 a game with a man named Gary and though I lost in the end, his advice and stories were well worth the price of admission!

I bet all he did was move, move, move and never shoot at his hole.... LOL Great guy to play if you want to learn how to move old school. It's not his first rodeo playing 1p....

Powerlifter

Rat in a cage
Silver Member

Best bet is probably to bite the bullet and make a drive to columbus as the others have stated ITT. I was thinking that the bowling alley over there in chillicothe had some GC's,but I could be wrong. It's been years since i've been over there.

I'm pretty sure the place in lancaster with the 9' footer is Victory billiards. The 9' is towards the back and had a cover on it. For some reason I want to say it was an Olhausen,but don't quote me on that.

I've heard AREA51 in beaver,ohio has had some pretty good games as of late. My buddy who posts on here played Dee adkins a week or so ago. There was a rumor that Richard Harris was supposed to stop by and play Dee,but i'm not sure anything came of that. There for sure is a 9' gold crown there.

hdgis1

Precisely! That guy kicked behind more ball than anyone I have ever seen. It was good to see though. He wasnt a bad shooter either! Of course the jokes had me a bit distracted...:grin-square:

Chris

I bet all he did was move, move, move and never shoot at his hole.... LOL Great guy to play if you want to learn how to move old school. It's not his first rodeo playing 1p....

Jayson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chillicothe doesnt have anything anymore and the gold crown in beaver plays good. depending on wat you're lookin to play for im sure somethin can be arranged. mostly 9 or 10 ball players but im sure one of us could try 1 pocket. i have a couple friends that like 1 pocket and dont play too bad but not great. im sure somethin could be figured out

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Thanks alot for the tips. I have found out pretty quick that Chillicothe has very little to offer as far as pool goes. My wife and I are heading to Columbus tonight to visit some more of her family. I always try to hit up a pool room when I am out of town so I will try to go to one of the ones mentioned in this post. I am far from a world beater, just love getting out and playing! Thanks again!

deerhunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1p

Richard Harris has a real good 9' diamond at his place about 50 mi. from Chillicothe. Richard will play and a few others around will play. Call Richard at 937-927-0025 for directions.