Question...
Old
  (#1)
tigerseye
Kenny Wilson
tigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking Question... - 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM

1.What drill do u do to check your alignment?

2.Do you have a drill that helps you delivery the cue squarely into every shot?

Some things in life are free

Old
  (#2)
danquixote
DanQuixote
danquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond reputedanquixote has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to danquixote  
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerseye View Post
1.What drill do u do to check your alignment?

2.Do you have a drill that helps you delivery the cue squarely into every shot?
1. Take it out on the freeway and punch it up to about 80mph, see if it shimmys or vibrates.

2. Practice.....Practice.....Practice.

Well Mrs. Kennedy.....other than that.....what did you think of Dallas???.

Playing cue......Schon 1309 ltd w/OB-2 shafts moori med

Break cue COC......crappy ole cuetec

Support mental health.....or I'll kill you

Old
  (#3)
DrGonzo
As your attorney...
DrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Place an OB on the end rail on the middle diamond. Shoot the cue ball from the foot spot at the OB. If your aim and alignment are sound, the cue ball should rebound straight back without hitting a side rail.

Playing Cue:
Nitti - Lucky 7's

Case: Dennis Swift - Lucky 7's

Originally posted by Ron Swanson
“It is acceptable for ISIS to behead people”

Originally Posted by Ugotda7
"You (DrGonzo) are just so smart"

Originally Posted by asiasdad
"I would trust the pedophile more."

Gonzo Lock

Old
  (#4)
flash5153
none
flash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond reputeflash5153 has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 07:37 PM

There's a couple of ways for me.
1st. As far as a drill,,,set CB and OB apart , but straight in, and keep separating them for a longer harder shot until the CB is on the rail and OB somewhere in the middle or to other end of table.. With all shots straight in and no angle,,,,,this should give both the drills you are asking about.

2nd way to get your game/shots in order:
Go find one of the best shooters from your area and play him for some cash. lol Winning in this drill gets you aligned faster but even losing gets er done!!!

Old
  (#5)
Hustlehard
Pool Player
Hustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond reputeHustlehard has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Set up the OB on the spot and set up the QB dead straight with OB and the left or right corner pocket, make the ball and draw just a touch and then spot another ball, repeat.

This checks a couple of things, like if your stroke is straight and if your alignment is good (straight wrist and arm) because if it is not the the QB wont come straight back and you will have to start over..i guess the point is to see how many times you can make the ball before getting out of line.

Playing cue: Schon CX65 wrapless 19oz,predator 314-2 shaft 12.75mm,kamui black soft tip.

Break cue: Predator Bk2 wrapless 18oz,13mm shaft,samsara tip.

Old
  (#6)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5153 View Post
There's a couple of ways for me.
1st. As far as a drill,,,set CB and OB apart , but straight in, and keep separating them for a longer harder shot until the CB is on the rail and OB somewhere in the middle or to other end of table.. With all shots straight in and no angle,,,,,this should give both the drills you are asking about.

2nd way to get your game/shots in order:
Go find one of the best shooters from your area and play him for some cash. lol Winning in this drill gets you aligned faster but even losing gets er done!!!
+ 1
was gonna post about the same thing

Old
  (#7)
cuejo
Cue Repair tech
cuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond reputecuejo has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 07:54 PM

I keep an empty beer bottle.....a clear one in my cue rack

When I feel a little slopp, I take the bottle down, put it on the table and stroke into it.....until I can hit the bottom of the bottle

Do that a couple times a week and you will learn to trust your aim, or you will be cleaning broken glass of your table and replacing your tip

Darcy Musurichan
Cuejo's Cue Repair
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuejos...91413687562859
http://www.youtube.com/user/cuejoscu...lts_right_main

Canadian Ultra Skin Layered Tip Supplier
Ultra Skin tips are 6.95 each
Contact me for bulk pricing
Shipping is 5.00 flat
Available in Canada only

Thorsten Holmann's Drill
Old
  (#8)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

Thorsten Holmann's Drill - 03-29-2011, 08:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKphYO14qhw

Enjoy

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Give this a try.
Old
  (#9)
JUSTABANGER 2
AzB Silver Member
JUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond reputeJUSTABANGER 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Give this a try. - 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Put the cue ball on the spot. Shoot the cue ball to the center diamond on the head rail. The cue ball should hit the diamond and return in a straight line back to the spot. If it goes left or right your not hitting it true. You should be able to stop your tip on the spot and have the ball come back and hit your tip head on. I've read where a lot of pros used this in the old days to keep their strokes straight. Good luck.

Old
  (#10)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuejo View Post
I keep an empty beer bottle.....a clear one in my cue rack

When I feel a little slopp, I take the bottle down, put it on the table and stroke into it.....until I can hit the bottom of the bottle
I put a full bottle of Crown Royal in my pool room. I then place the cue ball on the head spot and shoot it down table to the middle diamond, short rail, and see if comes back and hits my tip. If it doesn't, I take a shot of Crown. After 20 or 25 tries, my stroke/alignment is no better, but by then I don't really give a sh*t !!!

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#11)
MitchAlsup
AzB Silver Member
MitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 09:10 PM

A) place an OB at head spot
B) place CB at foot spot
C) hit CB into OB such that
D) OB hits rail then
E) OB hits CB and then
F) CB rolls back and hits still extended cue tip.

If you can pull this shot off 3 out of 10 times your stroke is golden.

Old
  (#12)
paksat
AzB Silver Member
paksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond reputepaksat has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchAlsup View Post
A) place an OB at head spot
B) place CB at foot spot
C) hit CB into OB such that
D) OB hits rail then
E) OB hits CB and then
F) CB rolls back and hits still extended cue tip.

If you can pull this shot off 3 out of 10 times your stroke is golden.
This will do it.

But if you want something less taxing I would recommend getting the CB to follow the OB into a pocket if you know what drill I'm talking about.

www.theactionreport.com

www.nycgrind.com

www.poolstudent.com

Epignosis Custom Cues

"I hunt, therefore I am" - Metallica

Old
  (#13)
tigerseye
Kenny Wilson
tigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond reputetigerseye has a reputation beyond repute

03-30-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for...THANKS!

Some things in life are free

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: