John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I’m not up on the latest technical details, but isn’t DVD ‘copy protection’ fairly advanced these days?

Are you trolling, or seriously hadn't noticed the copy protection was cracked 20 years ago and there has not to date been a single DVD or BluRay disc that can't be copied?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you trolling, or seriously hadn't noticed the copy protection was cracked 20 years ago and there has not to date been a single DVD or BluRay disc that can't be copied?

Hey, as I said, ‘not tech savvy’ these days. Back in the day, I would always copy music & video to save $ (rather than purchase the official product), but eventually got tired of the generational quality degradation common to tape copying.
BTW: I bought an expensive digital plasma tv when they first came out, and it soon developed a bug that prevented the viewing of anything ‘copy-protected’ (it was eventually cheaper to just buy another digital tv than to fix the old plasma). So, this left me with the impression that modern/encoded software might well put ‘copying’ out of range for the average DVD consumer who desired the very best video quality (color me chagrined).

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
...this left me with the impression that modern/encoded software might well put ‘copying’ out of range for the average DVD consumer who desired the very best video quality (color me chagrined).

It's called HDCP and still works. It's what prevents people from screen recording things like Netflix.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yer worthless

Wow. You have really gotten weird(er) over the years. You were semi off-the-air in Tulsa but now you are OUT there. Do you have your tin-foil hats custom made or what??

more questions, your truly a worthless person from what I can read. Please stop tryin to turn this towards me, this is not about me. I am just another concerned citizen who loathes drive by media and or any of its co-conspirators. The question is - why has the tape not been released to the general public? I am guessing that his new cue sponsor said either u catch a run on camera that surpasses Mosconi's record - before hall of fame dinner deadline - or no sponsorship/hall of shame' deal - this could be very close to the truth. They took the easy street corrupt hidden video = larceny and now I hope they will have to answer to - The People. Nine months has passed and according to my calculations under fifty people have even seen the tape (at their private viewing soiree) - this is pitiful to say the least. They (crooked powrs at c) are promoting more fake news for political piggie reasons and hiding in the shadows like normal. If another top player had actually accomplished such a run - it would have been promoted much different and thousands of people would have seen it already?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I can't speak for John. What I did take away from that night was his frustration of what to do next. While he did set out to break the record, planning what to do after had to be the furthest thing from his mind. He really enjoyed the format I was lucky enough to see it in, and had many requests to do similar events, here, and abroad.
It took a team of people to make this happen, and that team will have to decide the next steps.

Do not think it went unnoticed that u deflected the question about a specific time or date they (the powers at b) would releasing the tape to general public for sale. 'u can't' should probly be the start for most of yer threads. It's always weird how they talk about a 'team of people' when on the subject of corrupt individuals. They are not a team - a team works together for a common good, they do not hide behind a curtain and promote fake news - that is for corrupt hall of shame piggies and special hidden pocket cue sponsor deals. One thing is for sure if u help to promote fake news - in yer life there's something lacking and what u needs a damn good whacking. I do not like Schmidt and that should be obvious, however if it were another fellow top player who had claimed to surpass Mosconi's record (by exactly 100 points) and after almost a year had failed to offer the run for sale to 'general public' - I would be asking the same questions to them.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
...Please stop tryin to turn this towards me, this is not about me. I am just another concerned citizen who...
who hates John because he threw a chalk cube in my general direction 15 years ago and set the record I always thought I would set...

Sent from the future.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Do not think it went unnoticed that u deflected the question about a specific time or date they (the powers at b) would releasing the tape to general public for sale.

as far as I know this is just a guy who went to see the run, right? How should he know when the video is going to be made public?

And don’t they’d have fudged a video before announcing the record was broken if that was the case?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yer a puppet

Danny Harriman...If you're so much better than JS, why don't you just phoney up a table for you, and BEAT HIS RECORD. Should be easy since you're so much better than him (in your mind)! BTW, good luck with that task! Also, I'm no fanboy of JS, so I have no dog in this fight! I do, however, respect the accomplishment.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Yer a puppet of epic proportion, go give a pool lesson to some oblivious moron who actually believes u might be able to improve there game. Yer way out of yer league oblivious scholar wanna b top player.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
really

Never competed on 9 foot tables? Really? Where did you get that little tid bit of misinformation lol

You think u can actually question my knowledge on 14.1 really? Don't quit yer desk job, if u had to play me some for yer breakfast cash u would be in real trob' - or maybe just consider yerself skipping breakfast - as u are out till lunch.

Last edited:

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt have any doubts of the run...

How was the video quality? Was the camera straight and a good view of the table? Was the video cut for time in anyway (ie taking a break)?
One camera behind table, no cut away, no stopping for bathroom breaks. Just commentary added. We watched on a huge projection screen and it was good. The commentary was exceptional.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not think it went unnoticed that u deflected the question about a specific time or date they (the powers at b) would releasing the tape to general public for sale. 'u can't' should probly be the start for most of yer threads. It's always weird how they talk about a 'team of people' when on the subject of corrupt individuals. They are not a team - a team works together for a common good, they do not hide behind a curtain and promote fake news - that is for corrupt hall of shame piggies and special hidden pocket cue sponsor deals. One thing is for sure if u help to promote fake news - in yer life there's something lacking and what u needs a damn good whacking. I do not like Schmidt and that should be obvious, however if it were another fellow top player who had claimed to surpass Mosconi's record (by exactly 100 points) and after almost a year had failed to offer the run for sale to 'general public' - I would be asking the same questions to them.
I have no affiliation with John or his team. Just part of the host location for said event.

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many of us, especially 14.1 players, who would love to know from someone who has seen the tape, of the 626, approximately how many shots John had to make that in a tournament match situation, he would have chosen to play a safety on? How many of the 45 break shots were low percentage break shots that he managed to pull off, how many times after those 45 successful break shots did he leave a hard shot he had to make to keep the run going, and how many other extremely difficult shots he was able to make?
I dont remember one bad break shot. Actually his percentage of successful break shots throughout his journey to break the record was unreal. I dont remember the exact numbers I'll see if I can get that in the next few days. The run was very clean. I can only think of a half a dozen shots that had any chance of turning out bad.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont remember one bad break shot. Actually his percentage of successful break shots throughout his journey to break the record was unreal. I dont remember the exact numbers I'll see if I can get that in the next few days. The run was very clean. I can only think of a half a dozen shots that had any chance of turning out bad.

I think that is the ‘secret’ everyone wants the answer to: How to reliably spread the balls enough to guarantee an open shot, without ever tying up the CB. If we only had the DVD to watch.
I guess the alternative is to examine his previous record attempts, which are already free on YouTube (assuming his routine hadn’t changed?). I just find image manipulation is harder with streaming, but then my limited cellular bandwidth could be a factor.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yer a puppet of epic proportion, go give a pool lesson to some oblivious moron who actually believes u might be able to improve there game. Yer way out of yer league oblivious scholar wanna b top player.
Danny just curious if anyone has ever told you, regarding your trademark/stamp at the bottom of all your posts - for someone who has proven a high level of expertise in their field as you have, it is quite tacky for that person to feel the need to continually toot their own horn, particularly when in the company of others who are well aware of that person‘s stature?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Danny just curious if anyone has ever told you, regarding your trademark/stamp at the bottom of all your posts - for someone who has proven a high level of expertise in their field as you have, it is quite tacky for that person to feel the need to continually toot their own horn, particularly when in the company of others who are well aware of that person‘s stature?

Tacky....Danny?

Cuebuddy>>>probably going to get threatened with fisticuffs.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I actually love the "do you dare actually question my authoritah on 14.1" bit

High larry us

Danny can positively be considered a straight pool expert with the credentials to prove it. I'm also sure that his knowledge and passion extends well beyond just his playing ability.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Danny can positively be considered a straight pool expert with the credentials to prove it. I'm also sure that his knowledge and passion extends well beyond just his playing ability.

Im not a fan of The do you know who i am attitude no matter what

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
oh

People who are confident in where they stand - make u feel uncomfortable do they? No wonder yer pool room is lacking business - Imagine that, the way u change yer mind (or word yer posts) it does not surprise me. Stay afraid of posting what yer really thinking - u will probly always be a poly tick correct nit for the rest of yer days. I truly feel bad for people like u. Your already on my nit list - keep it up and I will block yer dumb puppet ace as well. Yes I am confident in my 14.1 game - is that really such a sin? If your so righteous u should get one of yer big $ buddies to start a 14.1 tour - I will then change my avatar, would that get yer stamp of approval? U have my word that if u are able to bring a 14.1 pro tour with big $ - I will then not be so offensive with my avatar - otherwise bugger off pool room owner/dweller. oh and make sure u feed the people at yer room properly - or u will lose the last bit of business u have left. Yer customers won't like fake food or fake news - be real and not a phony nit n u might stay in business. But what ever u do - stay out of my business if u can - I don't associate with nits.

Last edited: