Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carbon is definitely the future of a lot of things. Cues just might be one of them.

It is a bit of a trickle-down situation, though. At current price, it won't replace wood.

Look at cars: hi% of carbon is reserved for the F1.
Look at bicycles: the mid to low price range is still metal.

But I dont think you are wrong. It is coming, but it will be a while, still.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If/when Mezz ever comes out with their version of a CF shaft, I'll be curious to see if it will eventually be the shaft that comes standard with their Exceed cues. If so, that will tell me that they think it's the superior performing shaft in their entire line of shafts.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I love my 12.4mm revos but excited to try cuetecs as well and any others that come out. When I read Shane's comment yesterday myself, all I said to mys lf was wow, cuetec is going to sell a ton of them.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally think that Carbon Fiber is a little over hyped. But I do like seeing these other companies coming out with their own versions. I think Cuetec and Mezz coming in to the party will be huge for Pool Players.

I know I will try both just to see if they work for me. plus being a Mezz fan I can't say No to anything they put out.

bioactive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using a Revo for a few months and absolutely love it. I have a tendency to ding wood shafts. This one seems to be impervious to my clumsiness. While touted as being very low deflection it is still necessary to correct for deflection. Meanwhile I liked it so much I also bought the BK Rush break stick.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally think that Carbon Fiber is a little over hyped. But ...I can't say No to anything.

Which is an interesting point: does the benefit carbon provides translate into a useable improvement?

Cars, yup.
Bikes, yup.
Cues...I dunno.

I think 1- the weight savings is not a betterment, and b: it is possible the forces a pool shot generates aren't sufficient to take advantage of CF benefits.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is an interesting point: does the benefit carbon provides translate into a useable improvement?

Cars, yup.
Bikes, yup.
Cues...I dunno.

I think 1- the weight savings is not a betterment, and b: it is possible the forces a pool shot generates aren't sufficient to take advantage of CF benefits.

I am a reluctant Revo convert, I have to say that the shaft does have a noticeable improvement over the many other shafts I have tried. I get about 20-25% more action on the cueball with the same amount of power I put into the stoke, and the aiming is more straight on. Also to me, I can shoot odd shots better such as bridging over a ball, with the Revo I miss less.

Right now the Revo I play with is my son's, I used it for a few tournaments, but I am planning on getting one for my cue.

The biggest issue I thought I would have is the hit feel, but with the stock tip on it, I don't mind the hit feel. It is not as jarring as I thought it would be from being so stiff.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be happy to have an f1 car too. Not if I had to pay for it though!
They are pretty inconvenient. No passenger seat, you need help just buckling in, and they pretty much shatter with just a little contact. Plus, they get about 2 miles per gallon.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I will guarantee when Shane said what he did about Cuetec's CF shaft and cue, he meant every word.

Three straight tournaments is pretty impressive, especially how one sided all the finals were.

I love new technology is all forms and I will try the Cuetec and the Mezz CF shafts.

theluckfactor

all in the presentation
Silver Member
I don't know what direction you were intending for this thread to go but from a purist perspective I can't stand looking at them while watching a match. Let the players stroke dictate the power. I think its like aluminum bats in baseball. Yuck.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will guarantee when Shane said what he did about Cuetec's CF shaft and cue, he meant every word.

Three straight tournaments is pretty impressive, especially how one sided all the finals were.

I love new technology is all forms and I will try the Cuetec and the Mezz CF shafts.

Shane plays well enough to win with a solid maple shaft. A carbon fiber shaft didn't make Shane the player he is. I'm not saying he didn't mean it but was the shaft the reason he won or is it because he is the best player to start with?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane plays well enough to win with a solid maple shaft. A carbon fiber shaft didn't make Shane the player he is. I'm not saying he didn't mean it but was the shaft the reason he won or is it because he is the best player to start with?

What we should really be asking is what tip was he using?

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IF there's something I can leave in the car year round on an old earl strickland cuetec butt, I'm in! Especially with these Chicago weather cycles.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
IF there's something I can leave in the car year round on an old earl strickland cuetec butt, I'm in! Especially with these Chicago weather cycles.

The Becue is all Carbon Fiber and won't have a problem with being left in your trunk