Pro Pocket Measurements

kyred85

I picked up a 7 ft Brunswick Bradford II this past weekend, my plan is to tighten the pockets to “pro pocket” size.

What is the angle on the side pockets on Diamond tables? I’m trying to mimic Diamond’s measurements the best I can. From what I’ve read on numerous threads, corner pockets should be cut at 141 degrees and 4.5 inches wide. Side pockets are to be 5 inches wide, but it’s the angle I’m unsure about.

I’ve ordered Simonis 860, Diamond Black k55 cushions, and the neoprene-60 3/16 cushion facings, all of which should be here this week. I’m looking forward to getting to work on this table. Any helpful suggestions or links on this topic and/or sub rail extension would be appreciated. I'm not a pro table mechanic or claim to be, just a serviceable DIY-er. 7ft table is all I have room for. Thanks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I picked up a 7 ft Brunswick Bradford II this past weekend, my plan is to tighten the pockets to “pro pocket” size.

What is the angle on the side pockets on Diamond tables? I’m trying to mimic Diamond’s measurements the best I can. From what I’ve read on numerous threads, corner pockets should be cut at 141 degrees and 4.5 inches wide. Side pockets are to be 5 inches wide, but it’s the angle I’m unsure about.

I’ve ordered Simonis 860, Diamond Black k55 cushions, and the neoprene-60 3/16 cushion facings, all of which should be here this week. I’m looking forward to getting to work on this table. Any helpful suggestions or links on this topic and/or sub rail extension would be appreciated. I'm not a pro table mechanic or claim to be, just a serviceable DIY-er. 7ft table is all I have room for. Thanks.

Why don't you start with what kind of table you have?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did he not say that in the opening sentence?

Yes, he did....and the question is still the same, start with what mind of pool table do you have? Meaning, he already bought Diamond k55 black cushions....does that mean they're going to work on a Brunswick 7ft pool table? As i recall, they don't even get the Superspeed cushions installed. He wants to do the work himself, but is asking free advice from those that charge to do this kind of work....like sure, i wasn't planning on making any money this week anyway, let me go ahead and make even less. If this line of work was so simple, questions wouldn't need to be asked. Ive given out the answers to every question he's asked already, including the side pocket miter angles....yet he can't find the free info, but not to worry, somone like you will answer his questions.

kyred85

Lol as I expected, a salty response.

Found it anyways, 102 degrees side pockets on diamond tables in case anyone is interested for future reference.

This table had Superspeed cushions installed originally. Speedy recovery bud.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Lol as I expected, a salty response.

Found it anyways, 102 degrees side pockets on diamond tables in case anyone is interested for future reference.

This table had Superspeed cushions installed originally. Speedy recovery bud.
Some of us old farts get tired of repeating ourselves....LOL