CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
its very posible she used a part of pro1 to help tweak her own aiming method... she added to her own personal system/method

That is quite possible, though it would more than likely be a tweak to her shot routine, not to her actual aiming method. Either way, it's not what Spider was insinuating when he posted this thread.

Anyw

It doesn't much matter what anyone believes or assumes. All that matters is what Gerda attributes her 2010 WPBA win to, which she explains here....https://youtu.be/2EqQ9spSC0g?t=26m34s

I've watched all these Allison Fisher videos/streams. They are excellent, entertaining, and full of little lessons and insights from champion players.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That is quite possible, though it would more than likely be a tweak to her shot routine, not to her actual aiming method. Either way, it's not what Spider was insinuating when he posted this thread.

The only insinuating is YOU insinuating that I was insinuating. Where did I specifically say she learned all of CTE in 3 days, changed her aiming, and went on to win her first tournament in 10 years?

Please copy and paste that post!

What I posted is what Stan said they WORKED on over three days. CTE Pro1;
BANKS; STROKE; and KICKING.

YOU TOOK IT FROM THERE SPINNING AND TWISTING IT TO YOUR PERCEIVED FINAL DESIRED OUTCOME!

I wasn't there during the lessons. All I know is what I posted based on how it came about between Stan and Gerda.

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Anyw

It doesn't much matter what anyone believes or assumes. All that matters is what Gerda attributes her 2010 WPBA win to, which she explains here....https://youtu.be/2EqQ9spSC0g?t=26m34s

I've watched all these Allison Fisher videos/streams. They are excellent, entertaining, and full of little lessons and insights from champion players.

it looks like dave cleared up the issues you had with stan,greta and dave

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
The only insinuating is YOU insinuating that I was insinuating. Where did I specifically say she learned all of CTE in 3 days, changed her aiming, and went on to win her first tournament in 10 years?

Please copy and past that post!

What I posted is what Stan said they WORKED on over three days. CTE Pro1;
BANKS; STROKE; and KICKING.

YOU TOOK IT FROM THERE SPINNING AND TWISTING IT TO YOUR PERCEIVED FINAL DESIRED OUTCOME!

I wasn't there during the lessons. All I know is what I posted based on how it came about between Stan and Gerda.

Here, in the thread title: CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

And more insinuating here....

BC21 said:
... it's not a knock to CTE to state the reality of how great of a player she's been since the mid 1990's. I honestly don't believe she reformated her entire aiming method between winning a championship in 2009 and then winning again in March 2010.

SpiderWebComm said:
Think what you want but she did. HERE COMES THE KNOCKING! She won the 14.1 title in 2009. A completely different thought process, knowledge, and skill level from rotation games. It's all up close and basically using 1/2 the table.

These are obvious insinuations for anyone with basic reading comprehension skills.

And I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest that 14.1 and 9ball involve two different aiming methods, so I'll let that part of the comment slide, chalk it off as grasping for something of substance. Fact is, she got instruction from Stan, quite possibly some excellent tips to help her win, but she aimed those balls her way.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here, in the thread title: CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

You're taking it to an entire different level of meaning. NOWHERE did I state or assume she changed here entire way of aiming in three days to something she never did before.

However, Gerda did get a lot out of the CTE lessons and did exhibit excellent pocketing skills after the three days and did it KNOWINGLY as taught.

What did she use or do in the tournament she won? I have no clue but I would think at least some of what she learned was used.

These are obvious insinuations for anyone with basic reading comprehension skills.

Or it could be your interpretation of what was said to call it insinuations.

And I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest that 14.1 and 9ball involve two different aiming methods, so I'll let that part of the comment slide, chalk it off as grasping for something of substance.

Of course not. 14.1 is a completely different game as is 1pocket compared to rotation games which is what they played most all the time.

Fact is, she got instruction from Stan, quite possibly some excellent tips to help her win, but she aimed those balls her way.

Did her way change some after the CTE lessons to a modified way using both or was it the same old same old that wasn't winning tournaments for her over those ten years? She had nothing to lose by implementing CTE since what she was doing wasn't winning tournaments for her.

What I meant the difference was between 14.1 vs. 9 ball had to do with the distance between shots on the table as well as sharp cut angles from further away. Of course you aim the same way for both games but distance makes aiming more critical AS WELL AS THE STROKE. Which was a part of the 3 days. I'm sure it had a big influence.

Ed P

Registered
Agreed. CTE does work as I also use it. Just remember it is perceptual and may not be for everyone.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and cookie never said that Stan's book was out. :rolleyes:

I never did say Stan's book is out. But you've started 3 threads about it. I just answered a troll that's all.
You are a very little man baiting me into this thread. A total idiot if you will. An obsessing troll. Shall i go on.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did her way change some after the CTE lessons to a modified way using both or was it the same old same old that wasn't winning tournaments for her over those ten years? She had nothing to lose by implementing CTE since what she was doing wasn't winning tournaments for her.

What I meant the difference was between 14.1 vs. 9 ball had to do with the distance between shots on the table as well as sharp cut angles from further away. Of course you aim the same way for both games but distance makes aiming more critical AS WELL AS THE STROKE. Which was a part of the 3 days. I'm sure it had a big influence.

It wouldn't have been very hard for Gerda to use some CTE visual information in her aiming after spending 3 days with Stan. In fact it would be very easy to do so.

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me Pro1 evolved from looking/seeing lines/edges to just stepping into lanes createed by the pro1 visuals and just seeing the shot and i always had the systems basics to fall back on if i was unsure about something

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldn't have been very hard for Gerda to use some CTE visual information in her aiming after spending 3 days with Stan. In fact it would be very easy to do so.

"The lessons did not stop there as we continued our work via phone conversations and email diagrams"

Throw in this fact and having about 3 months to work with CTE and also the desire factor makes it highly likely Gerda was using CTE PRO ONE when she won the tournament.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
"The lessons did not stop there as we continued our work via phone conversations and email diagrams"

Throw in this fact and having about 3 months to work with CTE and also the desire factor makes it highly likely Gerda was using CTE PRO ONE when she won the tournament.

You can watch her in matches on youtube....she looks like a ghostball user or contact point user, the way she looks at a shot from ob first. And in the Allison Fisher interview Gerda says she just sees the line the cb needs to travel and then aligns to that.

You guys can believe whatever you wanna believe. But the most likely reason she won that tournament is simply because her mind was right, not because she abandoned her championship method of aiming the balls, the same method that won her a straight pool tournament just 3 months earlier, which does involve aiming. And that's not saying Stan didn't help her in some other aspect of her game.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You guys can believe whatever you wanna believe. But the most likely reason she won that tournament is simply because her mind was right, not because she abandoned her championship method of aiming the balls, the same method that won her a straight pool tournament just 3 months earlier, which does involve aiming. And that's not saying Stan didn't help her in some other aspect of her game.

Back again, huh? Aren't you the guy who said you don't post any more about CTE or get involved with all the stuff surrounding it, yet here you are.

I guess this doesn't qualify according to your rules though since you didn't specifically post the letters or refer directly to it.

You seem especially emotionally weak and fragile when it comes to this subject with zero self control. It's taken over your entire thought processes and soul.

I'd like to suggest a book for you to read that could help. Actually you may already have read it but a reread and practice will do you good.

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

I guess I better not tell you that Stan also gave a lesson to Allison after he got done with Gerda and she got a set of the videos. You'll NEVER believe that and will deny it ever happened from now until you croak. Too bad...it happened.

So get that book about Emotions out and start boning up. You're about ready to go completely out of control and turn into a screaming nervous wreck.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:thumbup2::thumbup2: for you Spiderman. You are a man of reason and you keep your word.(unlike some others around this joint)
View attachment 549511

this post is reprehensible and threatening
i have posted a public link in the main forum asking it be deleted and you treated accordingly
using hitler as an image who practiced genocide and then threatening people with his image is disgusting

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
i have posted a public link in the main forum asking it be deleted and you treated accordingly
using hitler as an image who practiced genocide and then threatening people with his image is disgusting

I agree...I wonder who posted it...lowlife or the other guy who seems to log on as lowlife.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Threatening? To whom and in what way??
I have a lot more knowledge about the history of that Hitler than you do, mister.
Anyway, there was no need for you to go through all that. Dan White probably has the boss on the phone right now.
You, yourself, are now engaged in the stifling of free speech....the very thing that the Third Reich advocated.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Aren't you the guy who got royally pissed that posts were made in your thread that didn't go along with the unwritten rules you had set in your mind?

Why here in my thread? You already have one in the main forum. A PM could have worked also.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Back again, huh? Aren't you the guy who said you don't post any more about CTE or get involved with all the stuff surrounding it, yet here you are.

I guess this doesn't qualify according to your rules though since you didn't specifically post the letters or refer directly to it.

You seem especially emotionally weak and fragile when it comes to this subject with zero self control. It's taken over your entire thought processes and soul.

I'd like to suggest a book for you to read that could help. Actually you may already have read it but a reread and practice will do you good.

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-2-0-Travis-Bradberry/dp/0974320625

I guess I better not tell you that Stan also gave a lesson to Allison after he got done with Gerda and she got a set of the videos. You'll NEVER believe that and will deny it ever happened from now until you croak. Too bad...it happened.

So get that book about Emotions out and start boning up. You're about ready to go completely out of control and turn into a screaming nervous wreck.

It is a really good book, worth reading several times.

And why would I deny or believe that about Allison? Stan has a good reputation as an instructor, so of course he's likely to get anyone coming through the door. The only thing I would find hard to believe is that she converted to CTE aiming. That would be silly to insinuate. In your mind, every champion player that leaves Stan's facility adopts CTE and abandons their noser style aiming. It's silly, in a funny way, but certainly nothing to get bent out shape over when someone points out how silly it is.

I believe she and Gerda and many other champions have had instruction from Mark Wilson also. Does that mean they adapted his method of aiming, which I believe is ghostball. No, of course not. Mark Wilson understands that aiming itself is never the problem with experienced players. But like I said, you guys can believe want you want. The way I see it, the fact that Allison got a set of Stan's DVDs is about as meaningful as getting a free bumper sticker from your favorite candidate at a political rally. Most of those stickers never get used.

Anyhow, peace out.

Last edited: