Raptor Liner!

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I acquired my valley table it lived a hard life in a scuzzy basement bar.
It had been quite abused, with the laminate peeling and severe chips and
chunks missing.

I've had it about 5 years and it was ready for new cloth and rubber, so while
I had it apart I reattached all the loose laminate, and filled all the chips and
missing bits with epoxy. I also stripped all the jagged aluminum trim and routered
all the sharp edges off the openings, and made a drawer for the former coin op
housing. After that, I roughed up the surface, masked it up, and shot it with some
grey raptor liner epoxy truck bed liner.

I think it gave it new life, just need to polish up that aluminum, inlay some diamonds,
and paint the legs:

CGOuE2j.jpg

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a question

The table is looking great!

A question for you, I bought an old dog of a Valley bar table a couple months ago myself. The nail heads are sticking out into the pockets because of the angles they were driven in. Did you have this issue? How did you deal with it if you did?

Thanks for any advice!

Hu

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A question for you, I bought an old dog of a Valley bar table a couple months ago myself. The nail heads are sticking out into the pockets because of the angles they were driven in. Did you have this issue? How did you deal with it if you did?

Thanks for any advice!

Hu

Hm. I don't remember how it was when I got it, but I have the corner pockets
held in with machine screws into the corner castings, and a couple of staples
from my air gun. The sides just have 2 staples now, but I used 4 before, you
can see where they pulled through the rubber when I removed the pockets.

I don't think I could put the staples in with the slate in the table, probably not
enough room. The slate was out when I did it.

The pockets are just some generic brand I found on amazon.

G0F3iTA.jpg

ARSHIl0.jpg

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Truck bed lining...Brilliant! (edit) but no rail diamonds? Dunno about that.

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truck bed lining...Brilliant! (edit) but no rail diamonds? Dunno about that.

I'll be countersinking some diamonds. Before I painted it I punched the exact center of
each diamond, drilled a small hole, and left a waxed finishing nail sticking up. After I
painted it I removed the nails and there's a small hole marking the center of each
diamond now.

I think for diamonds I'm going to inlay dimes or pennies surrounded by a black
resin ring.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. found a pic of the table when I first got it. The whole top rail was painted blue.

8Bhv8CR.jpg

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You!

Thanks for the reply!

The table is looking great. Might be too late but a hall in Texas put in all Texas state quarters in the rails. It doesn't cost much for some very nice looking coins. Indian head pennies or Mercury dimes depending on what you cut the pockets for are some thoughts too. A little looking at coin sites might give some better ideas. Except for super rare coins, old coins are surprisingly inexpensive.

Hu

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats. A work of art.

It’s always more satisfying to do your own project. Creative plus, if ever an issue, you can disassemble and tackle it.

However, must laugh. I’m not a neatness nut except when it comes to my workshop and my hobby room. I’d have to tidy up that wok bench area before I hit the first ball.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

Thanks for any advice!

Hu

My lowtech and low effort solution for this problem was getting small diameter felt pads that they sell for the bottom of furniture legs. Worked fine.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You!

My lowtech and low effort solution for this problem was getting small diameter felt pads that they sell for the bottom of furniture legs. Worked fine.

Thanks a bunch! That does sound like a great idea. I know a major tear down of this table is coming and quick and easy is great until I get around to a full disassembly which might be in three months or three years. I am not a procrastinator but many people think I am the ranking amateur crastinator!

Hu

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d have to tidy up that wok bench area before I hit the first ball.

Yeah, that's my general mess accumulation bench. It progressively gets worse until it causes me to miss a shot because my backstroke hit a jug of antifreeze, then it gets a roundhouse cleaning. Rinse repeat.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Really innovative solution. This looks great! Some buffalo nickles would be cool spots/diamonds.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really innovative solution. This looks great! Some buffalo nickles would be cool spots/diamonds.

I went with Canadian dimes cause it's what I had, and it worked sizewise with the best flat bottom drill bit I have.

Glued in and ready for resin:

KKjeCWh.jpg