Welcome to the new forums

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the new forums. This software has a lot of features and I hope to work out some of them soon.

If you have an idea for something you would like to see the forums do, drop me a line.

(No need to send the emails complaining that these forums are not the old ones)

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am going to do some checking this weekend on whether I can get the old threads over. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mike

T

tim

This change is for the better

Nice work Mike. I like it a lot!

jjinfla

Banned
Home Page?

have you done away with the old home page? No more articles? No more brackets? No more polls? Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mike, i like it. the biggest benefit being a requirement for registration, hopefully eliminating the previous problems of people posting as being someone else.

one minor critique (and this may be because of the software, not you) the registration process is a bit strange, and not necessarily intuitive. you get an email, which seems to suggest by clicking on the link provided all will be finalized. but, when i did this, i showed up on the mebers list as being registered, but it wasn't obvious i had to log in first. this didn't really create probelms for me, as i figured it out in a couple of seconds, but it worries me that some members who are not computer savvy may stumble a bit, and get frustrated. i remember when the new BD CCB first went up, alot of people were having problems and getting pissed off, i don't wanna see that happen here.

maybe a small FAQ on the registration process and why it is being used might be helpful. some people fear spam and such, which is clearly not why this site is using a required registration.

i like it!!

warren..

jjinfla

Banned
Home Page

Okay Mike, I see it now. For some reason yesterday when I logged on I wasn't getting your home page and that would have been dissappointing if you dropped that. A whole lot of good info there. And the check box in the posts is a nice touch. One can scroll down and see who is presently on line.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Re: Home Page

jjinfla said:
Okay Mike, I see it now. For some reason yesterday when I logged on I wasn't getting your home page and that would have been dissappointing if you dropped that. A whole lot of good info there. And the check box in the posts is a nice touch. One can scroll down and see who is presently on line.

The boards are fun and I hope they bring together a community of pool fans, but the main site is still the primary focus. I have been gathering that info for too long to stop doing that.

Mike

eg8r

Registered
The boards are fun and I hope they bring together a community of pool fans, but the main site is still the primary focus. I have been gathering that info for too long to stop doing that.

Hello Mike, once the user is in the forums section of your site, how do we get back to your homepage? I might have missed it, not sure. I would suggest maybe linking the pic on the top of the page back to you main site homepage instead of the forum home page.

Other than that, I like it. I go to a lot of other boards on the web, and this version is very very popular.

eg8r

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
How about the WEI table?

Are we still going to have the old style feature that lets us see the wei table in the post area?

Other than that... GREAT JOB!!!!!:D

I like it alot..

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
eg8r said:
Hello Mike, once the user is in the forums section of your site, how do we get back to your homepage? I might have missed it, not sure. I would suggest maybe linking the pic on the top of the page back to you main site homepage instead of the forum home page.

eg8r

There is a link at the bottom of the page back to AZBilliards.com

Chucklez65

eg8r

Registered
There is a link at the bottom of the page back to AZBilliards.com
Alright, I see it now. I would suggest a more visible link. The black tends to get lost in the green background.

eg8r

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I think it is something that he is working on...just not at the top of the list.

Have a good one.

Chucklez65

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
If people are going to continue to bump old threads, atleast do it right!

wat?

o wen r we getting teh new VBulletinz?