"Phoenix" Pool Cue

K

krbsailing

I am looking for information about a pool cue which is referred to as a "Phoenix".

The cue has a white emblem of a Phoenix Bird on the butt; along with white rectangular inlays, dark/black 4 points, birdseye maple wood.

This cue may have been made by Adams in the 70's?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

T

THE SILENCER

i have no info on this cue. what makes it so special to you? i'm guessing the looks.

K

krbsailing

Hi Bernie,

The looks are o.k. but, really I like the way the cue feels in my hand. It seems like an extension of my body....very well balanced and I like the hit!

A guy wants to sell the cue to me but, I'm not sure what it's really worth!?

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
I am looking for information about a pool cue which is referred to as a "Phoenix".

The cue has a white emblem of a Phoenix Bird on the butt; along with white rectangular inlays, dark/black 4 points, birdseye maple wood.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The cue was made by Andy Scott and Matt Davidow in 2001 and 2002 in Pheonix, AZ. They are now out of business.

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I think Ted hit it right on the head there. I used to play with a Phoenix cue and I loved it. It has a very balanced hit. The only problem I had with mine was with the finish. I guess that was just one bad batch. They are out of business now but I would recommend the cue if you can find one.

K

krbsailing

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what ever happened to those guys? Any idea how many cues they may have made during 2001-2002? Did they use Prather blanks?

Thanks,

Ken

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what ever happened to those guys? Any idea how many cues they may have made during 2001-2002? Did they use Prather blanks?
Thanks,
Ken
No Prather blanks. Everything made right in the Pheonix shop. They made several hundred cues, though not sure how many. If you want to see the pricing structure, check out
Indy Q Shop

K

krbsailing

Thanks Ted,

I appreciate everyone's help!

Cheers,

Ken Boyle
B'Ham, WA

Top Muscle Pool

Registered
I didnt know that Pheniox cue went out of business. I bought one when they first came out and loved the hit of the cue. In fact Im going to dig it out and hit some with it tonight. Thanks for the information Ted.

Ron Musgraves

Registered
Ted, maybe you could get them a Phoenix, ANdy and Matt are at Kolbys 4808297344....

Ted learn how to make cues from Ted Harris,, you guys should buy a ted harris.... the bird was and inlay done by a third party.