Meucci shaft insert loose

Afrevele

Registered
I have a Meucci DH-3 that the shaft insert slightly turns (a little less than 1/8”) when I am screwing it onto the butt. Any advise on how to remedy this is appreciated!

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
The glue bond has broken on the insert. Take it to a repairman to have the old insert taken out and a new one installed.

Alan

Afrevele

Registered
Then what are you doing here? Obviously they’ll let an idiot in Who has nothing better to do than troll peoples posts and make stupid comments. You must not know anything about cues and only came here to post a juvenile response.

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Alan has it right. Send or bring it to a cue maker. They'll remove and replace the insert. Unless you have a lathe, it's not really something you want to attempt yourself.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then what are you doing here? Obviously they’ll let an idiot in Who has nothing better to do than troll peoples posts and make stupid comments. You must not know anything about cues and only came here to post a juvenile response.

You don't have enough posts to understand the forum you are on.
Pool players always give each other heat.
I gave you a little heat and you wilted and fell apart.
Oh well stick around awhile and you will understand.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
You don't have enough posts to understand the forum you are on.
Pool players always give each other heat.
I gave you a little heat and you wilted and fell apart.
Oh well stick around awhile and you will understand.

I usually wouldn't respond to something like this but, maybe, just maybe, you have TOO MANY posts to understand that this is the "Ask a Cuemaker" section.. You know, for those who actually work on cues to respond. You know, those who can actually HELP the OP's. I think some good advice would be to save your harmless ball busting for other catagories. Just sayin'

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually wouldn't respond to something like this but, maybe, just maybe, you have TOO MANY posts to understand that this is the "Ask a Cuemaker" section.. You know, for those who actually work on cues to respond. You know, those who can actually HELP the OP's. I think some good advice would be to save your harmless ball busting for other catagories. Just sayin'

Relax.
Don't take theses forums so seriously.
I was just having a little fun with the new person.
Oh bye the way I didn't know you were the forum cop.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Friday.

kicked-nuts-record.jpg

Your turn. :grin:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had enough fun here I'm out of this thread.
Lighten up guys this is pool not life or death.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I've had enough fun here I'm out of this thread.
Lighten up guys this is pool not life or death.
I once left my Meucci inside my unlocked car.
Upon realizing this , I ran back to the car .
When I got there, there were two Meuccis.
Someone dumped his Meucci inside my car.

Ok, it's an old joke.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Relax.
Don't take theses forums so seriously.
I was just having a little fun with the new person.
Oh bye the way I didn't know you were the forum cop.

"Forum Cop". You made a funny.. -"Ha Ha Very Funny Muthu F****r"- (Eddie Murphy).. It's obvious your comments mean nothing to anyone but to yourself and especially not the OP... Even when they told you so, your choice was to post again to defend yourself and disregard their thoughts within THIER OWN THREAD.. YOU'RE the one who needs to take things seriously when the situation deserves it. This was it, IMHO....There's a time for "funnies" and your choice of this thread for them was a huge failer, again IMHO...

Because of my comments here you'd probably think I have no sense of humor.. Far from it.. I love ribbing and keeping things "light", but not in these situations.

Afrevele

Registered
I’m not above having some fun or joking around. But when like you said, Skins, when you are looking for a solution to a problem it’s a different thing. If you look back at the beginning he fired I fired back. He should’ve left it alone at that point.
Anyway I found my answer elsewhere. Simply took a long boot and Tightened a nut down against the insert and was able to work it out. Cleaned out the threads, little epoxy and we’re back shooting good as new! Thanks for the help!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not above having some fun or joking around. But when like you said, Skins, when you are looking for a solution to a problem it’s a different thing. If you look back at the beginning he fired I fired back. He should’ve left it alone at that point.
Anyway I found my answer elsewhere. Simply took a long boot and Tightened a nut down against the insert and was able to work it out. Cleaned out the threads, little epoxy and we’re back shooting good as new! Thanks for the help!

Do you have a lathe and did you face it off when the insert dried?

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Nice! Glad you were able to get it fixed. :D