billy kirshner AKA billy the kid

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy Kirshner

If it's who I think you are talking about, from Philly,he was one of Pete Fusco's young guns. He studied the game for quite a while under Pete's supervision. He played strong regional tournaments, I thought he was a better money player. He was a OK kid at that time, did nothing but play pool. He got a job with UPS in the early nineties, I think he lasted about a week and quit. Back then UPS jobs paid good monet. If you see Billy, please tell him Charlie (cue collector) wishes him well. Also mention to him I'm still pissed about the Scrugg's cue he didn't sell me in the early nineties. The last time I saw him he was playing in the Pro straight pool tournament in Brunswick NJ or New York.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to see a pic to attach som certainty to this story, but he caught the losing end of a fighting one-pocket martchup in va.

I did witness it, but not sure who kirchner is.

Lanna I do know. He's got a little dog in him.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Think he lives in Indy now.

Didn't see his name on the Midwest tournament, not sure why he wouldn't go to that with as close as it is and all the money.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
I played him several times in the 90's on the bar table. Always a gentleman and played quite well. The guy staking him always had good players with him and never a hassle to gamble with. The good ol' days.:)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When he was in Tulsa he was "Silly Billy from Philly" to the regulars. Played damned good 1p back then(early/mid 90's). Good guy as well.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The first thing that popped up was an old west sheriff, do we think this is some kind of conspiracy type thing?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to see a pic to attach som certainty to this story, but he caught the losing end of a fighting one-pocket martchup in va.

I did witness it, but not sure who kirchner is.

Lanna I do know. He's got a little dog in him.

In my story...

The kid won the 1p part but lost the fight part.

Tuff action.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol your kidding right? If not I'll bite: who did Pat Garett shoot?

Have you heard of the Ol' west story of Billy the Kid and Pat Garret?
Happened in New Mexico, just do a Google search....

The OP is talking about somebody they called "Billy the Kid"....different, LOL

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Have you heard of the Ol' west story of Billy the Kid and Pat Garret?
Happened in New Mexico, just do a Google search....

The OP is talking about somebody they called "Billy the Kid"....different, LOL

I know! I was trying to lead JazzyJeff to the joke.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
lol your kidding right? If not I'll bite: who did Pat Garett shoot?

Lol yes I was kidding at that point :grin:

I had just talked to a pool player who’d been shot twice in his “career” on Saturday and plenty of my friends have been gunned down in our road profession as well so I was in a shooting frame of mind I guess

Mike Davis

Silver Member
Billy and I were talking about poker once and he told me that he’s folded over 70 times in a row before. I don’t have that kind of patience.
I figured I’d better not play him any one pocket. He might’ve played safe 70 times in a row too if necessary.