Spot shot madness by 12 year old Russian kid

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great practice, skill building, and accomplishment.

Probably likely if she shot one to the other pocket she’d miss the first one. At least that’s definitely how it’d go for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry...Certainly a great feat, regardless of age. That said, she needs to learn better CB and speed control. She would have scratched on the majority of those shots if she had not grabbed the CB first. Congratulations to her!
:thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I don't know what video you watched to claim she would have scratched on 71 or more of those shots. 1-11, the ball was barely getting back to her when she helped it with her cue. Her assistant started to push the ball to her faster on 12 to speed up the exercise.

13, 23, 28, 33, 43, 53, 63, 73, .... (see a pattern here...I invite you to look at 83, 93, 103, etc) the cueball came to a complete stop all on its own. None of them scratched. 113 is the only shot where the cue ball was even close to the corner pocket. Most of the shots, the cue ball stopped near where she shot from, or near the center of the table. The spread of the stoppage could have been tighter, but claiming she would have scratched on the majority of the shots if she had not stopped the cueball is ridiculous.

You want to try your analysis again?

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
tough shot!

This young lady makes 140 spot shots in a row without a miss :yikes::

Video Link https://youtu.be/ZDz9Hqj9KUU

Very hard to stay focused to make 140 straight in shots in a row much less spot to spot. Hard to look at the high speed video and determine how many times she might have scratched but the spot to spot shot isn't a natural scratch.

Back in my gambling days when I went in a place and nobody would play for anything, even a beer, I would start shooting the spot to spot shot, missing quite often. I would soon have a handful of people wanting to show me how it was done. Off to the races, a dollar a shot when they hadn't been willing to bet a dollar a game! I would always add that the object ball had to be made without scratching. I knew it wasn't a natural scratch but the other people often found ways to scratch once it was in their heads. :D Made pocketing the ball a little harder too.

Hu

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Very hard to stay focused to make 140 straight in shots in a row much less spot to spot. Hard to look at the high speed video and determine how many times she might have scratched but the spot to spot shot isn't a natural scratch.

Back in my gambling days when I went in a place and nobody would play for anything, even a beer, I would start shooting the spot to spot shot, missing quite often. I would soon have a handful of people wanting to show me how it was done. Off to the races, a dollar a shot when they hadn't been willing to bet a dollar a game! I would always add that the object ball had to be made without scratching. I knew it wasn't a natural scratch but the other people often found ways to scratch once it was in their heads. :D Made pocketing the ball a little harder too.

Hu

Not to mention, the point of the shot isn't cueball control its ball pocketing.

If Scott is so great, let him get up there and shoot that shot 140 times in a row without missing, or any of his students.

He's got action whenever he's ready.
Jason
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My old road partner would....”If you go off your game, watch a child play.”
No manufactured stance there like modern snooker, it’s real.....
..drops her elbow when needed...
...and I like the way she straightens out the dork on the next table...territorial

Every stroke was a pleasure to watch....even the failure

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This young lady makes 140 spot shots in a row without a miss :yikes::

Video Link https://youtu.be/ZDz9Hqj9KUU

Wow! Just wow.
Thanks for the link. That was impressive.
Also of note, the work ethics within the other youths around her in adjacent tables...everyone with the mental discipline to do a drill repeatedly on big tables. What sacrilege is this!! :grin-square:
Also the young man making phone video and reviewing the shooter on the near table at the beginning.
This is how a professional pool culture is sustained.

And let's not forget about the young lady who is helping spot balls for the shooter....this is a derivative of the Bushido--it is an honor for me to help bring out the best in you.

Seriously, this is inspiring in many ways. Thanks Terry.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is part of a Billiards Digest column (May 2018) about spot shot propositions that discusses this exact spot-to-spot spot shot. If you read to the end, you will see why it is very important to slightly alter the positions of the balls from shot to shot if you are going to repeat the shot.

Speaking of records, Shot B shows the setup for what must be the most spot shots ever made in a row. The story, which comes from several sources so it might be true, is that a player named Kenny Kidde and known as “Spot Shot Kenny” used to practice this for hours at a time in several pool halls in Florida. Volunteers spotted the object balls for him and he shot at a soft speed that would just bring the cue ball back up the table, so he didn’t have to move much.

He occasionally got people to bet on 90 out of 100 but he would often do 200 or 300 in a row in practice. His record, set at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, Florida was over 1000, and maybe over 1100. I’m told that the owner made video recordings of some of Kenny’s sessions, and I hope a video surfaces. It would be interesting to see exactly what his technique was like.

This particular kind of shot has a gaff. For those not familiar with that word, one meaning is “a handled hook for holding or lifting heavy fish” which sort of fits if there’s a bet on, but another that is perhaps derived from that is “a cheat or a con.” Gaffs are often used in a class of proposition shots that are intermediate between skill shots and tricky shots. In this case the gaff lies in what happens to the cloth after multiple shots are shot along the same line. A shallow grove develops in the cloth that will guide any slightly wayward ball back to the correct line. I have seen this in my own practice on straight-in shots; after a few hundred tries I seem to be shooting a lot better but really the table was helping more. The effect is probably larger on napped cloth than on modern worsted cloths.​

The gaff groove also shows up on snooker tables from the black spot to the two corners.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing, I’d be happy with 8 out of 10.
I’m not sure any of the pros can do that.
It like Mosconi’s 526.
After John Schmidt breaks that record he can move onto the 140 spot shot.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is part of a Billiards Digest column (May 2018) about spot shot propositions that discusses this exact spot-to-spot spot shot. If you read to the end, you will see why it is very important to slightly alter the positions of the balls from shot to shot if you are going to repeat the shot.

Speaking of records, Shot B shows the setup for what must be the most spot shots ever made in a row. The story, which comes from several sources so it might be true, is that a player named Kenny Kidde and known as “Spot Shot Kenny” used to practice this for hours at a time in several pool halls in Florida. Volunteers spotted the object balls for him and he shot at a soft speed that would just bring the cue ball back up the table, so he didn’t have to move much.

He occasionally got people to bet on 90 out of 100 but he would often do 200 or 300 in a row in practice. His record, set at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, Florida was over 1000, and maybe over 1100. I’m told that the owner made video recordings of some of Kenny’s sessions, and I hope a video surfaces. It would be interesting to see exactly what his technique was like.

This particular kind of shot has a gaff. For those not familiar with that word, one meaning is “a handled hook for holding or lifting heavy fish” which sort of fits if there’s a bet on, but another that is perhaps derived from that is “a cheat or a con.” Gaffs are often used in a class of proposition shots that are intermediate between skill shots and tricky shots. In this case the gaff lies in what happens to the cloth after multiple shots are shot along the same line. A shallow grove develops in the cloth that will guide any slightly wayward ball back to the correct line. I have seen this in my own practice on straight-in shots; after a few hundred tries I seem to be shooting a lot better but really the table was helping more. The effect is probably larger on napped cloth than on modern worsted cloths.​

The gaff groove also shows up on snooker tables from the black spot to the two corners.

Thanks for that, Bob. When I get my own table, I'll make sure I 'jitter' the ball positions some when I shoot practice drills.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Scott is so great, let him get up there and shoot that shot 140 times in a row without missing, or any of his students.
Jason
Jason

FINGER UP- Yes Indeed.jpg
Thank you...thank you...thank you...... for saying what needed to be said.
:clapping:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who said I was "so great"? Not me. Since you are so much better than me, I'll take the same spot CJ offered me...the blue through and the break. We can play for whatever you want, smartass. :rolleyes: How am I an instructor? Seriously? Easy...I have worked hard at it for many years; learned from the best, and continue to learn. Jerry Briesath and Mark Wilson consider me one of the top 4 stroke instructors in the country. Pretty high praise if you ask me...but what do I know? How can it be possible that I have hundreds of positive referrals from students all over the country, and even internationally? I guess they all must be crazy too, according to you (who are you again?).

Scott Lee

Jason
Jason

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kelly...I made no such analysis. It appeared to me that many shots were headed for the pocket, but hard to tell (for me, watching on a laptop) without slowing it down,and watching on a big monitor. You obviously made a much more detailed view of the video than I did, so I will bow to your view. I did compliment her sincerely...the first thing I said. I guess having an opinion, that could be misplaced is a federal crime here. Another reason why so many great posters have left this site, never to return.

Scott Lee

I don't know what video you watched to claim she would have scratched on 71 or more of those shots. 1-11, the ball was barely getting back to her when she helped it with her cue. Her assistant started to push the ball to her faster on 12 to speed up the exercise.

13, 23, 28, 33, 43, 53, 63, 73, .... (see a pattern here...I invite you to look at 83, 93, 103, etc) the cueball came to a complete stop all on its own. None of them scratched. 113 is the only shot where the cue ball was even close to the corner pocket. Most of the shots, the cue ball stopped near where she shot from, or near the center of the table. The spread of the stoppage could have been tighter, but claiming she would have scratched on the majority of the shots if she had not stopped the cueball is ridiculous.

You want to try your analysis again?