Billiard collectibles

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Balkline stroke improving device or something....

JV
It looks like an angle that shows you the in-off angle for a half-ball hit at English billiards (roughly 35 degrees of cue-ball deflection off the object ball for a rolling cue ball).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
A nice piece of memorabilia would be the first multi-function tip shaper/tapper that was in wide use. It was developed and sold by Lou Butera in the mid-1970's. I'll see if I can get my hands on one for you.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Buddy Hall put his name on it, it must be good.
Bought mine around 20 years ago, they still sell them.
Better than a coke bottle

77BA8BFF-E0A4-4446-A8DE-E0C82F62CC03.jpeg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
View attachment 528559

Over 100 years ago, an English Billiards pro found himself in this delicate position,,,
..he was prepared...he took a pen from his vest pocket...it had a leather tip on it...
...he made the billiard without double hitting.....the ref was astounded...:eek:
...after much pondering, he called it a foul stroke

View attachment 528561

Well, Cuebuddy would’ve given the ref a much bigger headache...
...he makes REAL cues that could handle that billiard.

View attachment 528562

A sweet job, Jim...and thanx for the case also...Fellini?....:)

I like the story! And I am glad you like the case:cool:.I needed something that was decent protection and wouldn't cost an arm and leg....originally meant for a toothbrush:embarrassed2:
The wood on that mini cue is curly Cypress (maybe the only cue ever made from Cypress) and it has Buffalo horn butt cap and joint.
I'm glad you have the cue and thanks for everything you do for the forum.I intend on making a snooker cue for your collection also.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Afternoon,

Here's a couple cool pool related advertising pencils. The "8 ball" pencil was made in USA by a company named Redipoint. It features marketing for a local company that's long been defunct. I have to believe Redipoint made similar pencils for other companies as well? The Bruns pencil is a score that I picked up recently from an estate. Both work.

Attachments

• Pens1.jpg
    Pens1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Pens2.jpg
    Pens2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Pens3.jpg
    Pens3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Afternoon,

Here's a couple cool pool related advertising pencils. The "8 ball" pencil was made in USA by a company named Redipoint. It features marketing for a local company that's long been defunct. I have to believe Redipoint made similar pencils for other companies as well? The Bruns pencil is a score that I picked up recently from an estate. Both work.

Both pencils are very cool, the Carom King pencil looks to have a real label and I bet it dates from the very few years that the real cues were produced. There can't be many of those that were made or maybe that was a "one off"? Maybe it was not even made by Brunswick but from someone that had an extra label, what ever the case its very unique.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
At the Greek’s last weekend...he’s got some neat stuff.

88FE3715-22B7-4F3F-978F-3949866D969F.jpeg

This is his set-up....mobile lathe on the left

A88EB88D-D594-47B4-A2E6-707F4C4E2595.jpeg

The lathe on the right was inherited.....

65ACE802-624E-4D26-A5FF-427671F2FD69.jpeg

...from Harvey Rothwell....he made my best snooker cue...even the Brits said it might be
the best cue they ever hit with.
When I was a teen, Harvey was Toronto snooker champion....
...he became my first mentor

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
...from Harvey Rothwell....he made my best snooker cue...even the Brits said it might be
the best cue they ever hit with.
When I was a teen, Harvey was Toronto snooker champion....
...he became my first mentor

Cool pics with story.