Anyone else miss the J Hagger Cue Extension?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Had one, it worked great, was lightweight, price was reasonable. Sadly the company apprently went under, and also sadly no one purchase the rights to remanufacture the product.

Surprised some entraupneur offshore has not done some sort of clone and started selling an item that worded, as advertised, and was a great product.

JMHO

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Had one, it worked great, was lightweight, price was reasonable. Sadly the company apprently went under, and also sadly no one purchase the rights to remanufacture the product.

Surprised some entraupneur offshore has not done some sort of clone and started selling an item that worded, as advertised, and was a great product.

JMHO

Can't remember (old age) which one that was. Picture?

Is that the one Johnny Archer used to use?

Maniac (has the Tony Ryan and the Pro-Quick (Longoni collet style))

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

JMHO

I got one! You're right its great!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer using the Tony Ryan cue extender that is wood and close to the size and feel of a cue butt.
It comes in 12” & 18” versions & any shot requiring more extension reach is best played either left
handed (opposite shooting hand) or else the bridge which is my last preference to use on any shot.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Could be wrong, but seems the "Drill Instructor's" cue extension is pretty close. I use and really like it.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I had one and loved it until the outside shell cracked and broke.

I now use a Tony Ryan extension.

JMHO

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I just finished watching the guys 53/4 minute U-Tube like he took a Hagger, reverse engineered it, and is calling it his. Same basic design, with some tweaking. $50..00 seems pricy.

I am sure in 6 months they will be on e-bay, after someone off shore copies, and clone it. Honestly it IMHO not a $50.00 Accessory.

Hagger came in different lengths, mine was 16", it was cheaper, and I am a DUMBA** for selling it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just finished watching the guys 53/4 minute U-Tube like he took a Hagger, re

Hagger came in different lengths, mine was 16", it was cheaper, and I am a DUMBA** for selling it.

Is that it?

I thought you (many times) blamed the American education system for not making you a better student?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I owned one and it reminded me of holding a vacuum cleaner pipe, way too big diameter. ended up getting a Tony Ryan and it's much better, imo.

How Hagar did the inside was very clever though.

best,
brian kc

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I owned one and it reminded me of holding a vacuum cleaner pipe, way too big diameter. ended up getting a Tony Ryan and it's much better, imo.

How Hagar did the inside was very clever though.

best,
brian kc

When the rubber-ish innards worked its way out of my Tony Ryan extension, I fixed it in this manner:

I took a pair of my wife's black polyester ankle socks, put one inside the other, then stuffed the toe end into the extension and rolled the cuff over the edge of the mouth of the extension. I then used some black electrician's tape and heartily taped the cuff down against the outside of the extension's mouth.

Works better than the original method...and far easier on a cue's finish too.

Maniac

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
can't remember (old age) which one that was. Picture?
)
hager 16 inch and 20 inch

hager 16 20.jpg

hager made in usa.jpg