AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
moving a 9' GC
Old
  (#1)
crww
AzB Silver Member
crww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond reputecrww has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

moving a 9' GC - 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM

Hi
I bought four 9" GC from a grill and bar and have to move them. Disassembling them seems straight forward, but are there any concerns that I need to be aware of, removing the slates from the bed? Is there any link to any instructions on the disassembly and moving of Billiard tables

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
Eric Wynne
Banned
Eric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond reputeEric Wynne has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2009, 09:21 AM

It would be advantageous to have another strong back and a dolly . You can use masking tape to identify where the pieces of slate were on the tables and which ones . Be careful how you transport the slate , they should be secured somehow so they don't bounce and crack ... Common sense should prevail ... Good luck ...

Old
  (#3)
xianmacx
AzB Silver Member
xianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond reputexianmacx has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2009, 11:24 AM

I agree with Eric. Common sense should get it. I have moved a few tables and I think the slate is more durable than you would think. I assumed it was brittle as glass, but it really wasn't too bad.

Be careful if the slates are pinned. Cut the seem with a razor knife and slide them apart. Do not twist the end pieces or you can chip out the slates.

When I loaded them in the truck, I layed 2 2x4's down like sleigh runners, put a slate on top, added 2 more runners on top of the first piece of slate, another piece of slate, ETC.

Old
  (#4)
Donny Wessels
AzB Silver Member
Donny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Wessels has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

06-16-2009, 08:47 PM

The answer to your question is long and time consuming, doesn't surprise me that nobody has spoke up. But they have in the past, I 've seen excellent directions on this particular subject, just do a search.

Donny Wessels
West State Billiards
714-943-7137

donny@weststatebilliards.com
http://www.weststatebilliards.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: